What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most wonderful Blueberry?

Sparky14

I feel like such a dork asking a "which is the best" kind of question, but be patient with an oldtimer.

Elsewhere on these pages I have reported my plan this summer. In addition to running hashberry, ak48, I want to cross MLI to several femmed strains from Greenhouse, as well as to itself.

I got a suggestion to cross MLI to Blueberry.

Now, in the late 1990's I smoked blueberry for the first time at a wedding in Wisconsin. Absolutely euphoric...best ever.

I have grown out about 50 strains since in my bog buckets, but nothing has gotten my that happy.

I have tried DJ's original BB, but it went poorly, and I blame myself...yield outdoors was terrible, and the stone was not there. I tried blue mystic once, but that was spacey and a little weird. I once grew Dutch passion BB, but I found it racy...I smoked it all up before it had a chance to settle down in the cure.

So: what BB currently is going to give me that feeling I had long ago deep in cheese land?

bigleek

ICMag Donor
sorry its blueberryxn/l by doc atomic
i would not try dj s i just tryed grape crush 0-10 germed

daves4usc

if you want a bargain, go buy Nirvanas blue mystic. There is a bit of variation with their seeds but I got a super stinky blueberry pheno and it is delicious. Tastes just like it smells when growing.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I just found a fine blueberry pheno, one out of four females, the others are nice, and have blue flavors, but there is no doubt when you get a blue bingo. I ran F2's from JW, and his came from DP I think. Good luck, it is worth the search.
H

WelderDan

Veteran
DJ's BB is the best, but it can be pretty finicky. Low nutes is what it likes

The Blue moonshine is nice, but not nearly as berry tasting. Much more Hashy

Best knockoff Blue berry is Peak. Got a real nice pheno the first time. Smelled like Blue Berry muffins. The Northern Berry is nice too.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Just as a good basketball coach can recognize good hands in a young recruit, Joey has an uncanny ability for focusing in on that special plant that many of us might pass right by. Ive come to trust his mother selection probably more than any other breeder. The guy has a gift. When it comes to blueberry, he has chosen a slightly sativa leaning pheno that has a unreal euphoric high, exceptional taste and very good vigor. Tasty and Fruity!

As i understand it, Dutch passion and Sag both had Djs blueberry but its obvious that sag has used different criteria in selecting their mother plant because the high is much more sativa like in effect.. One drawback to sags is that it doesnt have the vigor seen in other blueberry's. DJ's and Dps blueberry are stout vigorous plants that can reach 3 meters and have a good yield.

First place i would look would be joeys
2nd would be Dp's regular bb seeds.

thats just me though, good luck with your plans. Its hard to get too far off base with the 2 strains your hoping to breed.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have a wonderful Blueberry mum that was from DP fem seed, and having read a lot about blueberry it seems that quite a few others have found good phenos in DP fem BB.

mine is quite sativa and thai influenced, good yielder and an incredibly strong floral/cotton candy/blueberry smell.

good luck

V.

Sparky14

I thank you for all your replies, thanks so much.

My plan D.S. Toker is to make six strains. I want to cross MLI to some kind of BB, and I bought one of those color coded fem packs from Greenhouse. I have never bought female seeds before, and while the results will surely be mixed since I am way out in my private peat bog (not inside), I hope for

MLI X El Nino
MLI X White widow
MLI X Big Bang
MLI X Cheese
MLI X Himalayan Gold.

I just need one stout, healthy looking MLI to man-up and perform.

HELP: I edit this post to ask for help finding Joey weed seeds. He is not at Dr. Chronic anymore, nor at the Boutique, who is all I ordered from this year. Can I trust Hemp Depot? That is the only place i see them listed...

Sorry, I am old and I don't know how seedbay even works

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
do any of the blueberry phenos you guys speak of carry a blue hue to them? looking for that one.

B

bcell

Weed and wine always taste and effect better at weddings. Good luck finding that BB.

Sounds like your looking for a BB Indica, maybe you didn't run BB original long enough and let the EC get to high. I must admit, BB is a light smoker if your looking for something heavy. If it's that stone your after, I read somewhere that someone is working on a BB Afghani.

I found BB x WW x NL to be a bit light and short lasting with a tad of race. BB Afghani, BB Hindu Kush, BB Deep Chunk, these are all crosses that you can make. Should of saved some BB original pollen, a vile of that comes in handy down the line.

I find that these strains that aren't pure indica, just don't pack a punch of they are picked without a lot of golden trichromes. Smoking these with all cloudy, just doesn't pack the punch.

Wisconsin has some of the best soil on Earth. The glaciers stopped right where Wisconsin lays today leaving behind glacial rock dusts in the soil. Wisco outdoor can be some tasty stuff.

medman225

DJ RULES DUDE SERIOUSLY READ HIS FORUM ON HERE HE IS THE TRUE BREEDER OF BLUEBERRY... AND ALL OF HIS STUFF IS RELATED TO BLUEBERRY... I JUST GERMED BLUEBERRY FROM RECENT BATCHES AND HAD 100% GERMINATION