What's new

Most "Sativa" of hybrid strains?

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Doh !

Sativas are not more tricky to grow under non HID than HID, I've seen superb results in various Neons setup with 12+ weekers, stretch is much more manageable, or scrog for the stretchy ones ..

I have to disagree with this too.

Before I grew with HID I grew with fluros and I also grew outside.

There are MANY strains of sativas that will just not produce hardly any resin under low light. They will grow fine. But they will not be very potent at all. Even under low HID lights like 250w many won't do well. You can manage them okay under a 600w light but honestly even then in many cases the plant would do much better under sunlight.

But I completely disagree that sativas aren't more finicky about light intensity.

N

noluv

You both are right. Light intensity and spectrum are both very important when growing sativas.

Fluoros are available in a lot of different spectrums which is why someone might want to use them for sativas. But because of their poor penetration power, to get sufficient light you'll need to use some method where you get the bulbs really close, like SCROG. Also you will want to use a lot of them. HPS lights have better efficacy so to achieve the same amount of light with fluoros you will need to use more power (even with the SCROG). This isn't a low-power/"ghetto" grow. Though those are something that can be done with fluoros too, don't get the two confused.

Oh and even modern indoor Indica-heavy hybrids turn out best with real sunlight, IMO. :)

Weedninja

I've been meaning to experiment with UVB lighting for a while now, based on this: http://www.cannabase.com/cl/bcga/bcga/uv.htm and some other stuff I've read. I wonder if that's the x-factor for indoor sats.....

Back to the original question: C99 is probably a good choice. I've had some really good indoor Skunks. Sweet Skunk is nice, and did pretty well under low-light(150w HPS) for me.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Wicked Haze (Apoolo11/Lieu Hanh/C99 x SSSDH/G13 Haze):
For this one I started off w/ one of my all time favorites, my Apollo11/Lieu Hanh/C99 mom. She is a slightly hazier C99, full on tropical fruit punch and rotten pineapple w/ Haze undertones, yet she still finishes in 9 weeks thanks to the Vietnamese and C99. I selected the best male from a pack of Rez's SSSDH x G13 Haze seeds to work his magic on one of my favorite girls. When these (2) exceptional strains collide you can definitely expect some truly...Wicked Haze!

I don't know, but that sounds fucking AMAZING. Just got my freebies!!

Latest posts

Latest posts