What's new

Most potent out of the big yielders like critical mass, heavy duty fruity, chronic..

If you are to get the rhino go with mr nice on the genetics to get the most quality possible. If you are gunna go after cheaper cash crop strains than you can't go wrong with some nirvana cheap packs and run em til their done.

mr nices medicine man ( the original white rhino ;) )

I always wonder how people find a good Big Bud pheno? I have now grown over 400 Big Bud plants and Purple Urkel x Big Bud crosses and they all smell like hay, taste like the smell of wet grass and barely get you buzzing (no where near high).

If I have grown out over 400 of these it makes me wonder is there truly a keeper in Big Bud? Do I have to grow out a 1,000 or more to find a keeper.

They do get big though, although not as dense when dry as some other strains but yeah the top cola "look" huge when growing.

I have like 1,000 Big Bud and Big Bud cross beans left. Maybe I will find a good cross for them later in life.
where are you rez labs??? we got the killer bigbud cut here in the uk!

peace be with you

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Why did you continue to run your big bud beans after the first dozen or so weak plants? C'mon - 400? Really? After the first 300, why run another 200 beans?

Runnin a few WR x AK now, looking for a BBW. FWIW, Critical Mass is Big bud, and there are some very stoned commercial growers who run it.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why did you continue to run your big bud beans after the first dozen or so weak plants? C'mon - 400? Really? After the first 300, why run another 200 beans?

I run 3 rooms 8 to 10 1,000 Watters per room and 150 to 200 plants per room.

Get It?!

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I get that you either:
1. Devoted the space/time to 800 unknown seeds at once (400 females that all smelled like wet hay).
OR
2. Ran poor performing plants repeatedly.

EDIT - OR haven't REALLY run 400 big bud females, regardless of how much juice you (claim to) pull.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I get that you either:
1. Devoted the space/time to 800 unknown seeds at once (400 females that all smelled like wet hay).
OR
2. Ran poor performing plants repeatedly.

I ran them all at the same time, but no need to explain that to you. :joint:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I ran them all at the same time
That's the answer then. Seems sort of foolish to make that jump (800 seeds w/o running a test batch first) to me. But hey, you are big time, I guess. What sort of hit did you take with all of that hay vs. maybe a room of hay and 3 rooms of proven dank?

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's the answer then. Seems sort of foolish to make that jump (800 seeds w/o running a test batch first) to me. But hey, you are big time, I guess. What sort of hit did you take with all of that hay vs. maybe a room of hay and 3 rooms of proven dank?

You take a hit no matter "what" you grow when you grow for the community as a whole (people who truly need medicine) rather then for personal gain or profit. It was "ALL" given away for free, as is most of what I grow and the beans of which I make. If you wouldn't just randomly post "at" people without doing research you would of known that, but naw some people just ASSume.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Relentless,

I hope "your" thread gets back on track and that you find the answers to your questions from someone whom is in the thread to give you feedback. ;-)

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
So you supply the med community with unproven meds? What do you tell the patients that you grow for when you have 400 plants that you have no idea how they perform/smoke?

What assumptions are you suggesting that I made? I do assume that the time/space/electricity to run 400 seedplant females has a cost. I also assume that the 'hay/wet grass' females would have a lower value (be it monetary or medicinal). Do these assumptions make me an ass?

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So you supply the med community with unproven meds? What do you tell the patients that you grow for when you have 400 plants that you have no idea how they perform/smoke?

What assumptions are you suggesting that I made? I do assume that the time/space/electricity to run 400 seedplant females has a cost. I also assume that the 'hay/wet grass' females would have a lower value (be it monetary or medicinal). Do these assumptions make me an ass?

Yep I ran "over" 400 Untested Big Bud and also Purple Urkel x Big Bud cross females (we all know the type of effect of high Big Bud is "supposed" to give you). Yep the smoke was bad tasting and it didn't have a long lasting high. Yes it cost me a lotttt of money to do. Yep I "GAVE IT" all away to people whom don't have money to spend on expensive pain medications.

I bet you that every person that got it was happy to have it. I never heard one complaint. Just as if someone had a sever headache and you gave them 2 cheap Asprin instead of a Bayer brand Asprin. You think that that person in need of pain relief is going to complain? No they are greatful that those 2 unname brand Asprin relieved their pain.

Enjoy your life. Really you should try. :joint:

Anima

honestly res...honestly...grow the fuck up. Go and start a new thread of your own.. ill even think of a title "HELP I can't get over myself" by res

Relentless asked a question...the answers are going to be mostly..... like...everyones opinions DUDE!

That being said.. from the strains Relentless listed I'd go with the AK47.
I have ran it.. I liked it.. lil bit expansive dry cough your ass off smoke..but potency is definitely at top shelf. Good mix of sativa in the powerful indica high. It was my first bean purchase many years ago and I was very satisfied with it. (back then it was only $80 for a 15 pack of beans in a serious seeds breeder pack...still got the sticker)

Also Shiva skunk was brought up (northernl #5 x Skunk #1)
I run a clone that was called "Skunk#5" that fits the description that was given by trillion. Kinda light heady high that lasts a long time.. with orange tangerine citrus notes. HUGE NUGS, but not as potent as the AK IMHO :joint:

Peace and kindness
-Anima

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
honestly res...honestly...grow the fuck up. Go and start a new thread of your own.. ill even think of a title "HELP I can't get over myself" by res

Relentless asked a question...the answers are going to be mostly..... like...everyones opinions DUDE!-Anima

If you take the time to read my first post it is an opinion on Big Bud and what I went through with it.

It wasn't a sarcasm or anything. I then asked if anyone had gotten a keeper with Big Bud? And how many do you have to grow out to get a keeper if there is a keeper to be found.

And then I even stated once "Mr. ASSume" came into the thread that I hope that Relentless thread gets back on track because "Mr. ASSume" got it off track by typing to me within Relentless thread.

:noway:

darthvapor

and also for the thread. sour diesel is a quality smoke with decent flowering cycle and yields 1gram per watt. great bag apeal and smell too