What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Euphoric, Anti-Depressant Strains You've Tried?

Buddler

Veteran
:laughing: Cheap shot ! I guess spelling is more important than real life experience.. Did i spell that right ?

beta

Veteran
It's not a cheap shot when you're pretending to have medical expertise. A lack of basic spelling skills kinda blows your cover. :biggrin:

:laughing: Cheap shot ! I guess spelling is more important than real life experience.. Did i spell that right ?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
One of the first posts mentioned African strains. There are some Bangi Haze (Congo) individuals that are very euphoric. I call it my "antidepressant" weed. Irie is another good description. I also like Nanan Bouclou. These are 2 of my 3 favorites plants.

Hope this helps,

ThaiBliss

Infinite313

And you can't even spell check a 9 word sentence apparently.. But thanks for the question.

Okay well to start with there is nothing in Naturopathy that says we need to be closed minded dicks. Naturopathy means using all modalities within our power to help someone and actually I've put in well over 10,000 hours of research in journals which is what I base my amazement over the pharmacological action of prozac.

Now you used a loaded word there "good" as though I would rather people take prozac over not which I don't as it has various downsides and is wrongly prescribed a lot of the time, it's just bad medical practice as usual.. And as I said it should be used in some cancer therapy imo. However if it helps someone more than they feel it damages them then professionally I do not want to judge them or be too quick to change anything in someone whose system has become dependent on something exogenous maintaining their homeostasis.

I'm actually more a Herbalist than a Naturopath and I would like to point out that piperidine which is probably the most important structural part of "prozacs" chemical skeleton is found in high concentrations in Piper nigrum aka black pepper and various other herbs that we use so really it is not that foreign to us anyway. In various blends herbs with piperidine could combine to form complexes very similar to prozac.

I'd also like to point out that Naturopathy and Ayurveda (which I also trained in) is really a proactive approach to life and health and if someone has already made themselves dependant on a man made drug then I cannot really take them off it and have to simply do the best I can to help them, that said I have helped scores of people come off their drugs of various kinds with huge health benefits.

I didn't want to say this before but it's turning out that all people have cancerous growths from a very early age (in one study on over 2000 people 100% of 20-25 years olds dying accidentally were found to have cancers already) and one of the major causes of depression is an imbalance in your ability to detox the free radicals that are creating cancers.. So my implication is actually that prozac's ability to correct charge potential in the body and fight cancer might be it's mode of helping with depression.

My final point would be that in Amurica something like 50% of the population have been wrongly diagnosed drugs by an evil old world money petro-agri-pharma-military-financial complex pyramid of corporations that want the population there weak, confused, stupid and easy to lead so that they can dispatch with y'all as a world power, cough cough Trump.. but it's not the chemistry in prozacs fault if humans use it in a retarded way. As though all depression is caused by the same thing so just give everyone prozac, they still claim to not understand depression.

However this is now off topic and anyone wanting to peck my head more about their vague assumption of my values regarding allopathic medicine should PM me.

I stopped reading after the first sentence. People are a little too sensitive these days. I had zero intentions to insult you or put you down - it was an honest question because I've never seen a naturopath recommend or approve Prozac and I've worked with some of the best on the planet while erasing my depression over a span of a few years.

This was before I had a severe head trauma. I'm post concussed hence the spelling mistake and hence why I'm growing.

I hope you're able to find a secure place within yourself and thanks for the warm welcome :tiphat:

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
shit i just wrote long post. it's all gone somehow. i'm tired but here is what i remember.

i got sick and have been injured too. also been t-break for a month.

many thank for all this information and help! i'm sure of that you are good persons. i say now, keep your head up what ever will happen. stay happy keep smiling and connect to with people. do what you like and live your life.

i'm not right to show this but i try my best. crazy to tell this but.. somedays i want to die and hope fast death. happily not right now. my past is not that bright. loneliness makes you sick. hopefully, in future, something good will come up for me.

love & respect the nature. don't be stupid. never drink alcohol to get drunk.

this is me. maybe i help someone, maybe myself. i don't know. peace.

Infinite313

When I look at the first bold-faced phrase, that's called: when everybody quits bothering me. Normal function of a healthy person.

Depression is the aftermath of a beat-down. One is "too many unpleasant experiences". If mom makes you go to bed without dinner one time, you get over it, but if it keeps happening, you don't. At some point in a repetitive beating, you lose hope for any change. We also do it to ourselves with muscular-skeletal misalignment, beating the body into reduced function: exercise can fix that, and a majority of things will follow accordingly.

Most "anti-depressant" pills were based on Valerian. That, and other herbs, can help a lot, and more simply, do so from within one "variety", usually called "officinalis". I'd agree that "The Herb" of cannabis varies greatly by setting and by the user's pre-disposition. I can fail to get much from it in a bad setting, and yet be lifted beyond the moon by leftover resin in the bottom of the bowl at other times.

So far, if I had to guess at genetics that seemed to go that way for me personally, it would be Nepali...I don't know exactly what it is...but it's usually not from the commercialized or hydroponic realm overall.

This very much.

Infinite313

It's not a cheap shot when you're pretending to have medical expertise. A lack of basic spelling skills kinda blows your cover. :biggrin:

"When you assume you make an ass out of me and you." - Mostly you in this case.

"Assumption is the mother of all Fuck Ups."