What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mossy's Jem outdoors....

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was gifted some of these seeds from two different sources and thought I would get some going outdoors.

So I soaked them overnight in some warm water then I dried them off and wrapped them up in a papertowel and started my trek out into the deep dark woods.

I'll go back out in a week to ten days with a couple boxes of slug repellent to sprinkle around the area.

S_a_H

Attachments

• OD Grow.jpg
    OD Grow.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 34
  • OD Grow (2).jpg
    OD Grow (2).jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 31
  • OD Grow (3).jpg
    OD Grow (3).jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 28
  • OD Grow (4).jpg
    OD Grow (4).jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
D

dankitydank

will decide tomorrow but i think i too will be doin some outdoor jems for my first grow ever!
well more like setting up for a friend and assisting him as i will be gone from sexing to first flowers.
be checkin in and keepin ya posted for sure.....

Bob_J

what is mossys JEM crossed with? lowryder2 and ?. all the pics ive seen they were a bit purple/magenta. look really nice.

HookaHittaH

Nice to see more Jems being started. I just got mine goin a few weeks ago. Most have showed sex already. There's a link in my sig if you want to check it out. Looking forward to your grow.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice to see more Jems being started. I just got mine goin a few weeks ago. Most have showed sex already. There's a link in my sig if you want to check it out. Looking forward to your grow.

I have already been checking it out.

Some of these came from my buddy Expertsetup and some GnomeGrown.

S_a_H

I

IceColdCrickets

Hope you enjoy them, outdoors is where they were originally bred by Mossy, and they perform excellent! Can't wait to see what you get out of them. I cant remember what generation you got PM me any seed info. I will explain them.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope you enjoy them, outdoors is where they were originally bred by Mossy, and they perform excellent! Can't wait to see what you get out of them. I cant remember what generation you got PM me any seed info. I will explain them.

I am getting ready to take off for the day but when I get back i'll you that PM.

How do they do against PM and such ?

These are if everything goes ok be a seed run. I am not going to mess with trying to get out there enough to worry about the males. Whatever happens, happens.

S_a_H

I

IceColdCrickets

Hey ES, nice to see you around again. And i really want to see how your Fem JEMS turn out. Make a thread or something.

M

MEDI-EVIL

hey,can some one tell me whats in the 5 pack of autos that mossy sent in to the bay ..
thanks...

me.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
S&H, they will get PM if there is poor circulation and high humidity. What will you be doing for water?

Air movement should be no problem but high RH could be as they are planted in a winter swamp area but dry during the spring & summer. Oh well we'll see what comes from it.

S_a_H

I

IceColdCrickets

They will do great in high humidity,, the JEMS is the best most hardy outdoor AFs I know of. They where bred outdoors originally, and you shouldn't have any problems. They like lots of food, water and light. They will use what you give them, dont be shy on the food, and amount of direct sunlight each day.

oh those beans were made from the 10inch purple female and 12 inch red/purple male you will get a lot of color for sure.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They will do great in high humidity,, the JEMS is the best most hardy outdoor AFs I know of. They where bred outdoors originally, and you shouldn't have any problems. They like lots of food, water and light. They will use what you give them, dont be shy on the food, and amount of direct sunlight each day.

oh those beans were made from the 10inch purple female and 12 inch red/purple male you will get a lot of color for sure.

They are in place that I can get to easily but not someplace I want to visit often as they are hidden in the open.

I was hoping by planting them in a wetter area and it being a swampy area during the winter they should have no problem of natural food. The fall comes and all the leafs from the trees fall and then the winter rains come and the water decomposes the leafs. Making for a very rich soil.

They get at this point direct light from about 10am to 6pm but the sun is still moving and we have what another month until the longest day of the year here.

If they do good in this area I expect that I can run another batch before summer is over.

I am going to check them this weekend and see if we have any sprouts.

S_a_H

I

IceColdCrickets

They are in place that I can get to easily but not someplace I want to visit often as they are hidden in the open.

I was hoping by planting them in a wetter area and it being a swampy area during the winter they should have no problem of natural food. The fall comes and all the leafs from the trees fall and then the winter rains come and the water decomposes the leafs. Making for a very rich soil.

They get at this point direct light from about 10am to 6pm but the sun is still moving and we have what another month until the longest day of the year here.

If they do good in this area I expect that I can run another batch before summer is over.

I am going to check them this weekend and see if we have any sprouts.

S_a_H

personally i would have started them indoors to ensure higher germ rate. As for your swampy soil area, you might still add nitrogen in the form of blood meal, in a circle around your plants.

Cant wait for pics.:woohoo:

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
personally i would have started them indoors to ensure higher germ rate. As for your swampy soil area, you might still add nitrogen in the form of blood meal, in a circle around your plants.

Cant wait for pics.:woohoo:

I still have some left but starting them indoors wasn't a option at this point I just don't have the room and I had an itch.

S_a_H