What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mosca’s Indiana Bubblegum S1 pheno hunt

OZZ_

Veteran
What up IC!? Hope you are all well.

Recently popped a pack of Moscas Indiana Bubblegum S1s, hoping to find a nice BG mum to hit with some Ohaze pollen or similar.

Out of the 8, all popped tails via paper towel method, but so far only 6 have broken ground. The others still haven’t emerged so I’m moving forward with the six I have on deck and will leave the two that haven’t popped in the veg tent in case they decide to make a late appearance.

The deets:

3x3 Secret Jardín tent
HLG-550 Rspec
6” AC infinity fan/filter combo.
1.5 gallon pots
Promix HP, worm castings, a heaping TBS of tomato tone and a TBS of a lime/oyster shell flour/gypsum mix for a liming agent.

Will top dress as needed and/or use biobizz bloom
RO water with Cal Mag Plus

Since this is a small pheno hunt I’m going to keep them small, hence the small pots.

Hoping for a nice big league chewing gum mum that I remember from the 90’s.

Currently the light is dimmed to 125w to let them acclimate. Will adjust as necessary

Lets see what we get :biggrin:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​​

filedata/fetch?filedataid=2053836
filedata/fetch?filedataid=2053829

Attachments

• photo2053829.jpg
    photo2053829.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 46
  • photo2053830.jpg
    photo2053830.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2053836.jpg
    photo2053836.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 55
  • photo2053837.jpg
    photo2053837.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 54

OZZ_

Veteran
Man, this is my first time trying to start a thread on the new website, this thing is unusable. I’m not even sure if I can continue this grow log. ICMAG you gotta fix this. I just spent 45 minutes trying to format that initial post properly.

Woah man, how did this even get allowed to launch? If anyone can give me any pointers on how to make posting less tedious I’m all ears. This site has been my Home for years but you guys gotta fix this.

Thanks in advance friends for any tips! Hope your all doing well!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man, this is my first time trying to start a thread on the new website, holy shit this thing is unusable! I’m not even sure if I can continue this grow log. ICMAG you gotta fix this crap. I can’t even post pictures. Trying to post any content is like pulling teeth. I just spent 45 minutes trying to format that initial post properly.

Woah man, how did this even get allowed to launch? If anyone can give me any pointers on how to make posting less tedious I’m all ears. This site has been my Home for years but you guys gotta fix this.

Thanks in advance friends for any tips! Hope your all doing well!

Yes, I'm not on it, using IC, very much due to all the problems. Trying to send a PM is next to impossible.

Good luck with one of my favorite Mosca strains!!
Tried but failed to launch both indoors and outside last year. Dud seeds, sadly. Did have a great harvest back in 2012. I bought repeat Indiana in 2019.

I think the "power that be" wanted a cheap solution and/or volunteers. That's the murmur going on in a few canna forums chatter. It's not just you or I.

M-A-N-Y are dissatisfied with changes.

OZZ_

Veteran
Yes, I'm not on it, using IC, very much due to all the problems. Trying to send a PM is next to impossible.

Good luck with one of my favorite Mosca strains!!
Tried but failed to launch both indoors and outside last year. Dud seeds, sadly. Did have a great harvest back in 2012. I bought repeat Indiana in 2019.

I think the "power that be" wanted a cheap solution and/or volunteers. That's the murmur going on in a few canna forums chatter. It's not just you or I.

M-A-N-Y are dissatisfied with changes.

Man this is such a great place, hoping they make some significant changes quickly before they lose their user base.

As for the IBGs …. They are doing great, they need a few more weeks to get established but I just checked in on them and they are all praying their tiny little leaves towards the light so looking good 👍

OZZ_

Veteran
Old Time Indiana Bubblegum S1s are doing well, and i *think* I may have figured out how to format posts up in here. Cool!! 😎

filedata/fetch?filedataid=2054502

It’s a bit too early to tell but morphologically IBG 1 seems to be a tad bit taller and lankier with a bit skinner leaves. Possibly more Sativa leaning. IBG 6 is clearly the runt of the bunch being slower growing and much less vigorous than the others. IBG 2 - 5 seem fairly similar. Time will tell if these observations persist as they develop further.

filedata/fetch?filedataid=2054503filedata/fetch?filedataid=2054499filedata/fetch?filedataid=2054500
filedata/fetch?filedataid=2054501filedata/fetch?filedataid=2054498filedata/fetch?filedataid=2054497

Attachments

• photo2054497.jpg
    photo2054497.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 47
  • photo2054498.jpg
    photo2054498.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 45
  • attach17888719.jpg
    attach17888719.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2054503.jpg
    photo2054503.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 37
  • photo2054502.jpg
    photo2054502.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 45
  • photo2054500.jpg
    photo2054500.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2054501.jpg
    photo2054501.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 55
  • photo2054499.jpg
    photo2054499.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 53

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
nice to see Mosca Original BG gear in your hands dude

all the best for your selection

OZZ_

Veteran
nice to see Mosca Original BG gear in your hands dude

all the best for your selection

That’s one hell of a compliment coming from you. Thank you kind sir!

This is a new room, and new setup in a new house in a new part of the country lol.

We are in the desert now and it’s summer, so my original temperature tests were a bit challenging. It seems that I’ll most likely have to have the lights dimmed during flowering during the summer months to keep the temps down but it still seems I can keep in the 35-40w per sq ft recommendation for LED lighting. I don’t have a ppfd reader but should be sufficient and I think I can keep temps in the 85-88 degree range during this time of year, with that approach.

Obviously during fall, spring and winter I won’t have this issue, so I’ll just have to flower during the summer months with lower light intensity.

Fir this run, since I’m keeping them small this first round for selection purposes, I’ll have plenty of headroom to keep the light away from the canopy. No problems there.

Thanks again friend, hope all is well :friends:

PolyChucker

Very curious to see how this turns out.
I’ve had plants briefly have a fruit gum smell and then they change into something else.
Actually seems like the most amazing smells are like 2 weeks before finish. Strong fruit, berry, gum etc might be an attempt to attract pollinators which isn’t needed by the end of the lifespan.
It seems like with the evolving smells throughout flower - and the variable finishing time - locking in a specific smell is very difficult. It not only has to present the smell but right at finishing time. Then will the smell persist through drying and cure?

OZZ_

Veteran
Very curious to see how this turns out.
I’ve had plants briefly have a fruit gum smell and then they change into something else.
Actually seems like the most amazing smells are like 2 weeks before finish. Strong fruit, berry, gum etc might be an attempt to attract pollinators which isn’t needed by the end of the lifespan.
It seems like with the evolving smells throughout flower - and the variable finishing time - locking in a specific smell is very difficult. It not only has to present the smell but right at finishing time. Then will the smell persist through drying and cure?

Welcome aboard! I’m not sure, but I’m very curious too and hopefully as well. I remember clearly the bubblegum of the early 90’s. Smelled like pink big league chewing gum. Nice high, we will see!

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Hi OZZ dude

i have learn personly Mocsa like 1 decarde ago at 420 ic cup at amsterdam & we stay togehter at boot with good group.
a great guy and person, he bring Jamcian Blue mountain coffee witch was nice to starting the day with right cup of cafe.

witch LeD is much easier to runnig it at summer as HPS and new location.

yes all good i hop on your side too .,?

greetz

OZZ_

Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	AEA94324-DF60-4DA9-A0C2-A3B51FF6015A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	156.5 KB ID:	17893059 Click image for larger version  Name:	551B8C02-0C9F-468D-BC51-C5FFA483BB21.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	142.7 KB ID:	17893058

Day 18 of veg (from breaking ground), plants are starting to show some variation.

IBG 1 (upper left corner) still leads the pack in vigor and morphologically is still a bit less WLD than the others. By contrast IBG 6 (bottom right corner) is a clear runt and has hardly any vigor. They are all vegging very very slowly but IBG 6 might need to get culled.

IBG 2 is showing some slight magnesium deficiencies… the tell tail light colored Interveining from the LED lights so I gave them all a foilar of Epsom salts yesterday and added more cal mag to the RO water.

They are slow veggers for certain. I had planned on flowering them out small in these 1.7 gal pots in order to do my selection but I’m starting to think I better let them go and get good and established first. So I’m considering letting them fill out these 1.7 gallon pots and then transplanting them into 3 gallon containers for flowering. As mentioned I may likely cull IBG 6

Attachments

• AEA94324-DF60-4DA9-A0C2-A3B51FF6015A.jpeg
    AEA94324-DF60-4DA9-A0C2-A3B51FF6015A.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 551B8C02-0C9F-468D-BC51-C5FFA483BB21.jpeg
    551B8C02-0C9F-468D-BC51-C5FFA483BB21.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 43

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi OZZ dude

i have learn personly Mocsa like 1 decarde ago at 420 ic cup at amsterdam & we stay togehter at boot with good group.
a great guy and person, he bring Jamcian Blue mountain coffee witch was nice to starting the day with right cup of cafe.

witch LeD is much easier to runnig it at summer as HPS and new location.

yes all good i hop on your side too .,?

greetz

Great story man sounds like an awesome experience! :biggrin:

Things are going great here my friend, can’t complain!

madalasatori

Veteran
Nice thread thank you for taking the time to format the posts. I just popped a couple of serious BG which may have some similarities? I enjoy the euphoric high and finds it has a sweet skunky aroma which could be described as bubblegummy. It can make you a a bit paranoid too. I’ve not smoked it for years so can’t wait to try it again. I’ve also had calmag issues with mine

Good
luck
!

OZZ_

Veteran
Nice thread thank you for taking the time to format the posts. I just popped a couple of serious BG which may have some similarities? I enjoy the euphoric high and finds it has a sweet skunky aroma which could be described as bubblegummy. It can make you a a bit paranoid too. I’ve not smoked it for years so can’t wait to try it again. I’ve also had calmag issues with mine

Good
luck
!

Thank you Madalasatori :wave:

Im not sure if serious will have similarities or nit. Have you listened to the podcast with Adam Dunn on their Bubblegum line? Great info, worth a listen if you haven’t already!

OZZ_

Veteran
25B8A0AB-A093-4798-8B74-EFC8BC3C8E84.jpeg

These guys are still vegging along slowly but surely. I up potted them into 3 gallon containers with fresh soil as they didn’t seem to like the other soil they were in all that much. I may flip them soon but they are so damn squatty and slow it feels like they need more veg time. Maybe even another up pot into 5 gallon containers. I haven’t decided yet.