What's new

Moscas C99

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mine has grown a little since then ( picture update soon) but has suffered some to space limitations in the GH and that some parts of it has less sun than the other

once i complete moving the Danish passion also into the corn ill get more space at the sunny part and can rearrange plants

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
THX GUYS!

im so lucky also to have heads c99 and a copy of grimms original c99. wouldnt it be fun to x them with moscas also?

head c99
picture.php

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have 2 moscas c99 and 2 double dutch x c99 also from mosca
funny thing though that even though dd is a slow vegging strain the dd x c99's are growing slightly faster than the pure c99 ( pix later )

Smeden

Hi again.

Nice plants all... Ur genetics sure looks fine Mosca. A++

A lil update from my Mosca tent
dsc06868g.jpg

C99xSWTDD (about 15 cm tall from coco to top and have 6x2 internodes till now = TIGHT in my world)
dsc06880.jpg

Peace n stay fly!!!

M

mosca negra

Brother Esben-- any updates from you? Curious to see how your gals are doing!

Thanks for your update Smeden! I love your progressive "out of the box" way of thinking. Those airpruning pots are the coooolest!!

Smeden, incidentally, the Sweet Double Dutch x C99 from your last picture with tight internodes is my FireFly! You are just the person to show everyone what this gal has to offer!!

Here is a pic of the Sweet Double Dutch (FireFly momma):

Cheers!

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
thx, its more than 100 years old, i have it from my grandad, got it in 78. its been sicj the last years, but i think it coming again fine.

moscas cindys are doing fine. i have 3-4 confirmed females and hope and pray that they will start flowering naturelly within a month. also it seems to react fine to topping. i didnt get really into the differences in the plants, but will later.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

also i have some females and males from heads c99
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
great outdoor w/ the c99...that makes my happy to see the plant in many enviroments.....i'm so stoked over these beanz......
that firefly is ALL i think about.......

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love the leaf pattern on those cindy's and seeing them outside! I havent forgot about those pics for your outdoor thread, sooncome. Thanks for updating us!
RM

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Research Hughesy before you start judging things...

Hey mosca , really great to see you making the c99, i loved the results crazycomposer showed from his grow.
You mentioned some subtle differences between the reef and wally c99, could you fill us in a little on what you noticed? Was it mainly in growth , look , or the end results with smell etc.

Talk about excitement! Apology accepted Cinderella99. Let's get back to the real reason we are here-- The wonderful sacred herb...

Thanks for posting your pics Lean Green-- I am interested in your experience and comments with your Cinderella 99 grow. Your dried center cola looks like just like mine- Purdy!

Hola Donald Mallard! Thanks for poppin' by. I hope you will be along for the ride. Got your pm and I will respond later tonight. But to answer your inquiry about the differences I see between your Cinderella 99 line and Reeferman's Cinderella 99-- here are my observations:

PLANT STRUCTURE:
Wally's C99 are more Sativa-like with thinner stems and branches. Plants are taller with longer branches
Reef's C99 are more Indica-like with heavier, thicker stems and branches. Plants are bushier. Reeferman told me he did a large grow of original Brothers Grimm seeds that he got from the owner of Heaven's Stairway just before H.S. closed operations. He chose the best plants from the large grow he did.

FLOWER STRUCTURE
Wally's C99 Buds/Colas are tight and hard with many buds the size of golf balls-- on the bigger colas clusters of these buds can be seen.
Reef's C99 Buds, Colas are looser (not as tight and hard as Wallys' C99 buds) with less distinction of individual bud clusters but generally bigger cola formations on the branches.

TASTE & HIGH
Wally's C99 line has the a more consistant Pineapple taste prevalent among his plants. The High is racier leaning to more of a Sativa-like high that is more in the head.
Reef's C99 has more variation in taste with both Pineapple and Grapefruit phenos being prevalent. I need to stress the Pineapple pheno is definitely there.

Footnote: I have read many reports from Spain saying they only saw the Grapefruit pheno in growing out Reef's seeds and did not see any plants with the Pineapple smell or taste. But I did easily find Pineapple pheno offspring in Reef's line. In fact, the mother of my Cinderella line has these Pineapple traits and are original Reeferman seeds. The high is also Sativa influenced-- that being quite heady and strong.

Yield

Wally's C99 has a smaller yield avg 1-2.5 ozs per plant.
Reef's C99 has a higher yield avg 2.5-4.0 ozs per plant.

My goal in trying to produce Cinderella 99 seeds is to maintain the Pineapple traits, euphoric high, fast flowering times, ease of cultivation while trying to increase yield and create stronger plant structure-- in this case the addition of Reeferman's heavier C99 line. This is why bringing both lines/families together to make a stronger Cinderella 99 made sense to me after I grew them out. While at the same time being aware of the backcross depression that was becoming more prevalent in the line.
Mosca

Thanks for explaining your observations there mosca, have to agree it would be nice to have a plant with stronger branches , many complain c99 wont hold itself up in flower, i think that is more prominent indoors .
Id like to grow these out aswell , sounds like youve done some good homework mosca and yes i agree on the need to cross back as you have to maintain the integrity of the strain, continuous inbreeding with small numbers will no doubt cause problems .
@ rezdog, totally agree with you on the inbreeding depression, id say wally has stretched it as far as one can , and there is a wider variation in generations later than f5 .

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
just finished rereadinng this again...and i must say dam.....great repost benji.....topnotch info.....and the work done by mosca...is priceless....
his beanz are well worth what ever the price.......
so glad to have landed these beanz.......:woohoo:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran

2 Mosca c99 labeled pheno 1 and 2
the one on the right have had several slug attacks but i was out to night with a flashlight and kill slugs
often they return when its colder to attack the same plant but i killed many to night, including the one i think have attacked this one, and one that had almost finished of one of my Deep Chunk seedlings but i think its going to make it

2 mosca double dutch x c99

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
looking good ppl...nice to watch your show getting a head start before the rest of us get our c99's in.HH. =]-~

Latest posts

Latest posts