What's new

Mosaic Virus in Cannabis pics

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I've had fungus gnats and springtails the entire time I grew in coco. They were never much of a problem directly, but the fact that fungus gnats are an infection vector is itself a major issue. I began putting sand on top of the coco and that took out 90% of them.

Now I'm in hydro and I'll see 1-2 dead in the res from time to time.

There are a lot of ways I could have contracted a virus (if this happens to be one.) Work surfaces that are used for outdoor plants and generally being lazy with sanitization around the grow.

I have 1 clone in coco in a beer cup. It's the only coco plant I have, and it doesn't show many symptoms. There is some mottling starting on a leaf or two though. The clone is also the most mature plant in the garden so that could be the reason. It's fed from the same res.

The first odd thing I noticed was the lemon tree growing fucked up leaves. I've had this "tree" for 1 year. I was eating a lemon and threw the seed in some coco. I neglected it and fed it whatever was around, and there were never issues. Now new shoots come out dark reddish/brownish rather than a bright green. Some leaves are starting to twist. Weird shit!

Last edited:
FUCK FUCK FUCK, 2 weeks ago bought 200 beautiful clones, they had a little PM. i dipped before transplant from the clone trays to 5 1/2 squares pots. then i let them get a little rootbound to be able to flip the pots over and dip the plants again with my dutchmaster zone and saturator mix. i got rid of the powder mildew no problems. but with the littlew stress of the rootbounding the shitty plants started showing signs of this virus. i dont have the slow tiny tips yet but some fans leaves are showing a light green bleaching... they were growing quickly and are beautiful and healthy, but now with this shitty virus my question is.

200 plants to the garbage or do i transplant and finish with dimished results?

they have been growing for 2 weeks and i just topped them all i wanted to grow 4 branch plants. im worried that when i turn on the other 6 1ks hps on top of the 3k mhs itll kill em... should i garbage them..

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whered you get the plants?
what were they labeled (what strains)?

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
Well if its your only option at the moment then run them but you'll have to be very attentive with this run and remove all infected plant tissue.....i ran my plants with this "virus" and i did have diminished yeilds BUT there was still something there to bank on..the lower yeild was from constantly removing the lower infected plant tissue but that made the tops huge.......dont get me wrong its NOT a good thing to have but its somewhat manageable..to a degree......but if you are able to scrap the clones, do it and get healthy genetics....but stress and insects are also factors to remember.......best of luck CC....

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mosaic Virus in Cannabis pics

stress and insects are also factors to remember.......best of luck CC....

Those are the keys that turn the virus "on" in my opinion... Open pandoras box, if you will

If the plants are generally happy and healthy then youre smooth sailing...

the clones are m39, a local quebec strain. its a northern lights cross.

i do not have any pests in the room beside the odd army bug, like humidity bugs, but they arent there for the plants,,
my stressers are that i let them rootbound a bit and that my humidity is sitting around 30% until i water and soak the floor then it might go up to around 37-40%. i do not have a humidifier. i have a shit load of open 5 gallons around the room to help bring up the humidity.
my temps are around 26c. im only running 3 lights mhs. and im worried to switch on the 6 hps. i heard that alot of light will hurt them.. my cieling are 6 feet and i run no reflectors with vertical bulbs. with the extra lights that need to be one and the transplanting, and then the start of flowering. its alot of stress for the plants.

i read that by 2wks into flo that the plants can bleach out crazy like a cheap wh**es hair,
i dont feel like wasting another 3 weeks to get crap when i can easily just order another batch from someone else. i have another m39 genetic at another location that in about a week ill be able to make a shitload of clones with.

some people say managable some say fuck it.

i am not a newbie grower but i only learnt about this fucking diease recently and dont feel like lossing time and production. if the loss of production the plants have is noticable even with little to no stress. imo i think i want to re load the room.. clones arent shit. heavy healthy harvests are.. i give alot of my weed away to family and family friends who have back pain, multiple sclorosis, chronic digestive cramps, my wifes period cramps and for own use. so i dont want to grow and smoke anything that will be unhealthy or damaging towards the smokers health.

the tomatoes in the photos with this virus, ive have seen for sale in local grocery stores.

kinda a scary thought that there is no cure for this and that it has the potential to destroy crops and is easily spread. if people arent carefull this shit could ruin the world in a way. no more un infected food crops.. shit is scary imo..

we here should start doing tests to destroy this aids of plants.. i read higher about collidal silver? isnt that what you use to enduse hermies for feminised seed production?
i wouldnt try this one but anyone else have any ideas...

i have a shitload of plants i can use as test subjects, any threatment ideas? post em up ill kick up some testing... maybe for the good of the earth?? lol never know...

" marijuana farmer discovers cure for virus threatening world wide food crops "

whooo whoop ......

vince514

Veteran
well CC i found that potassium silicate used in conjuction with a regular nutrient regime seems to slow the "virus" somewhat but it does NOT stop it...only slows the progression...

CS would be a good idea if your planning S1's but as the parent(s) are infected so will be the prodigy of this union....M-39 ? huh im not all that suprised..TBH m39 has taken such a beating the last few years and now the "virus" has infected the gene pool...crazy stuff ....

I guess its best said like an older grower told me a few years back...

"plant your own seeds and do your own thing , and most importantly dont bring in new clones....if you want a new genetic then pop some more seeds"

this guy is still growing and even after his 62 years on this earth he still comes back to amaze everyone with his grows.......

best of luck man...

JoeDaddy

Mr. Roman,
I for one would like to shake your hand for putting me onto what has been driving me crazy for a while now. I thought I had a defficiency of some sort, thought I narrowed it down to Calcium but adding Cal / Mag did nothing.

So when I read your post and matched your pictures to my plants I finally know what to do.

I have began the job of completely tearing down my room and soaking it and everything in it lights, pots, and so on with Lysol. They Lysol state they kill 99.9 percent of all bacteria and "Viruses"

I will admit to anyone I don't know it all but this was something I had no idea even exhisted ! ! ! Had a real bad breakout of those little flies then shortly after that I started to notice the discoloring on the leaves, sometimes in a spatter like pattern.

Anyway thank you very much you have saved me from wasting my very best seeds.

Take Care
JoeDaddy

thanks Vince514, ill try the PS, to slow the tmv, i was planning on a quick crop while my mother grow. i bought seed stock while in niagra this past summer. i picked up aurora indica, PPP, crystal, la confidential, and i was gifted puprle sage x ak48. thanks again niagra seed bank :) i hate the 39 but the clones where ready the day i asked about some and they were cheap lol.. i know know why :( asnyways MTL whoo whooo

vince514

Veteran
for sure try something fresh CC the LA Con is short flowering and packs a punch and the ppp is pretty good also..imho i ran some ppp almost 2 years ago and it turned out great...

InlineMax

I have the white and 2 diff. chem phenos. All 3 of these show the traits posted in the first page of this thread. I was very worried but am rounding 3 weeks in flower and not seeing any problem like what was posted as the later stages of this virus.

As far as it spreading, I have not seen this on anything else in the garden.....yet. Hopefully wont.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a bogglegum with varigated leaves, even some twist here and there. I believed it to be a birthmark, while others instantly said TMV! I used the link Tom Hill quoted and ordered the test kits. Very cheap, easy to use, and fast shipping! The results are negative. I suggest anyone thinking TMV is a possibillity to order these test kits and test for themselves.

Here is the plant:

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the NEGATIVE test:

picture.php

Here is the link, get them, use them:

https://orders.agdia.com/InventoryD.asp?loc=IN&collection=ISK%2057400&attribute_Size=25

Last edited:

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
PuReKnOwLeDgE thank you for showing this :thank you: BTW its variegated or latin variegata :wave:

Take care :tiphat:

Marley15

My Larry OG clones are showing some heavy signs of TMV (or w/e it may be..). The Diablo OG's sharing the same cab also were displaying the same symptoms during veg. Now 2 weeks into 12/12 the Diablo's are showing it no more, and the Larry's seem to be getting worse? Not sure if my Scrogs are creating too much stress?

I'm also starting to notice the budsites with lots of TMV leaves are growing slower then others. I too believe this to be the beginning of a potentially devastating problem, sadly this is the best thread about it on the web for marijuana and only the first few pages were very informative.

:peace:

Marley

mark6699331

Finally got rid of spider mite borg and powder mold for GOOD. People told me was impossible. Systemic problem. But Dutch Master's Penetrator and Zone killed the hyphae. NOw this just makes my day as i'm seeing this spread like widfire in the pacific northwest.

Last edited:
day 5 of flowering with a roomfull of tmv'd m39's but i started them into flo when they where in full form and not stressed. so far so good. im hoping and wishing that it continues this way, for something of a harvest and to not have wasted the past month of so...

im with the people who say its managable, and im hoping that it doesnt affect yeild too much. someone here even said that it increased the yeild? im hoping thats true :p

it did make them grow thick ass stems and branches. but they did grow slower. as i had to back off ferts when they showed signs of the virus. had to do that twice during veg.

anyhoo, take care, hope you all good heavy harvests
cc

MagniKhan

Veteran
I saw this to day and thought, " JFC....this is what we are up against".....

siliconbits alerts us to the possible use of one of the world's most destructive naturally occurring scourges, the tobacco mosaic virus, to boost the capacity of lithium ion batteries by 10 times. It seems the virus can be made to attach itself to the electrodes in a lithium cell perpendicularly, increasing the surface area of the electrode and greatly improving the battery's capacity to store energy. PhysOrg has some more detail on virus-enhanced batteries. Four years ago we discussed the use of the tobacco mosaic virus to enable fast-switching transistors.

Copied from Slashdot.

Latest posts

Latest posts