What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Morocco - مغربي

bastar

i love morocco , but be carrefull cops are very strange and you can buy something and 2 min after cops caught you .

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
awesome show ElRubio! :)

hopefully soon Morocco will legalize or at least make laws way better for Cannabis, alhamdulillah!

paz y salud hermano :)

ElRubio

Veteran
Salam Aleikun!

i found a couple mo pics from this last trip.

A field full of Cheese hybrids
35cnbdv.jpg

f1wd1s.jpg

21rclz.jpg

Criticals on this side
30su9e1.jpg

And the impressive pure afghan alone in the orchard
14326ms.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the visit as much as I did. Besides, Im gonna be back to the Riff very soon. It still has some of its magic for hashish hunting hehe.

Big ups!
Dar Salam

indalo

Hopefully next year sometime. Been living 4 hrs. away for a decade, but never been over. Have been invited a few times, but never got around to it,

LEF

Veteran
Beautiful

So how is the cop situation over there ?

Do you go to prison for a little bit of hash ?

ElRubio

Veteran
Hola LEF:

The situation there is like others place where cannabis is grown for massive productions (India, etc...). The are a lot of farms (both types: small and giants) in the Riff mountains. The police cannot raid of all them, besides corruption is widely instaured inside Gov. and Police Depts. Furthermore, the biggest part of the area is a harsh place to live, with poor conditions (few and dirt roads, few hospitals, few schools)and poor soil for agricultural products (excepting the weed); Cannabis growing and smuggling is the only way of living for thousands of families into the valleys and surrounding cities.

Regarding your second Q, obviously you dont go to prison for a lil of hash. If you are get stopped by a road control police for instance, and you were so naive to do not hide your stash and if they found out, you could always bribe the officer. This is a must here, just as the same as in Mex (pay the mordida). Obviously you can do that in the area, not in youre get caught in the airport or maritime port fo example (more officers, cameras, etc...)

So, all in all, is very very safe to travel and smoke here, establish Chaouen as headquatters, and go to explore the farms and villages surrounding the city, and also visit the Natural Park (Talassemtane). And having this in to your mind: its better do not fight with locals (especially if you are into his house bargain for hash late in the night and far from your hostel). You have to bargain for everything (also the hash for sure), but i do not enter into an strong argue with a farmer for 20 miserable bucks.

Take the appropiate precautions, you will be told to not buy hash from others guys apart from the guy who is selling you atm, and blabla bla bla. Just carry your hash stone well hide, and ask in the restaurants before you roll and smoke a J. Probably you could smoke in almost everywhere, and almost all the people you run into will offering your hasish. Wonderful place and nice people for hashish hunting. PM me if you or whoever had some more especific questions. Hope it helps-

Dar Salam. Ashlama

b3fr33

Beautiful

So how is the cop situation over there ?

Do you go to prison for a little bit of hash ?

The cops are a lot stricter on the locals when it comes to small amounts of hash, but just make sure you don't get caught, i.e. have a good hiding place and eat it if necessary. The cops in the white clothes (royal guard?),are the worst to get caught by and hardest to bribe.

sixixix

I would love to go to Morocco, but I`m worried about how the language barrier would stop me from having any kind of meaningful communication with many of the locals.

If I get to visit a farmer, it would be important for me to learn/understand as much as possible, which would be hard since I don`t speak french or arabic.

What are your experiences regarding this, ElRubio (or anyone else who has been there)?

ElRubio

Veteran
Salam Aleikum sixixix:

As you probabbly already know, the North of Morocco was a spanish colony until mid XX century. So, almost every ppl there speak spanish (which is also my mother language). As you stated, french and arab will do the trick here too.

I really dont know bout english. I guess some farmers speak it slightly too, cause they are receving english speakers turists and buyers since years back. Moroccans are used to manage business with many different people from abroad, so my thought is you dont have any added trouble at all regarding the language.

You´ll be overwhelmed as soon as you´ll reach the Riff Mountains, offering you hashish to buy and cultivars to visit at. PM if you needed an extra info regarding anything else mate.

Vibes!!

sixixix

I guess I`ll have to learn more spanish then :) You`ll surely hear from me when it`s time to go, thanks for offering your assistance!

vostok

Veteran
Hola LEF:

The situation there is like others place where cannabis is grown for massive productions (India, etc...). The are a lot of farms (both types: small and giants) in the Riff mountains. The police cannot raid of all them, besides corruption is widely instaured inside Gov. and Police Depts. Furthermore, the biggest part of the area is a harsh place to live, with poor conditions (few and dirt roads, few hospitals, few schools)and poor soil for agricultural products (excepting the weed); Cannabis growing and smuggling is the only way of living for thousands of families into the valleys and surrounding cities.

Regarding your second Q, obviously you dont go to prison for a lil of hash. If you are get stopped by a road control police for instance, and you were so naive to do not hide your stash and if they found out, you could always bribe the officer. This is a must here, just as the same as in Mex (pay the mordida). Obviously you can do that in the area, not in youre get caught in the airport or maritime port fo example (more officers, cameras, etc...)

So, all in all, is very very safe to travel and smoke here, establish Chaouen as headquatters, and go to explore the farms and villages surrounding the city, and also visit the Natural Park (Talassemtane). And having this in to your mind: its better do not fight with locals (especially if you are into his house bargain for hash late in the night and far from your hostel). You have to bargain for everything (also the hash for sure), but i do not enter into an strong argue with a farmer for 20 miserable bucks.

Take the appropiate precautions, you will be told to not buy hash from others guys apart from the guy who is selling you atm, and blabla bla bla. Just carry your hash stone well hide, and ask in the restaurants before you roll and smoke a J. Probably you could smoke in almost everywhere, and almost all the people you run into will offering your hasish. Wonderful place and nice people for hashish hunting. PM me if you or whoever had some more especific questions. Hope it helps-

Dar Salam. Ashlama

...and a very nice tour guide you are too!

Very little information is made on the fact that in the last 10 years or so,
local Riff farmers have been importing their seed from Pakistan, and the local seed if still available has been crossed with the Pakistani,
the Paki is said to be better grow for the higher cooler Riff mountains and of better quality ..

Falling sales due to the Dutch, Uk, and soon to be, US seedbanks is causing great harm to the local single digit thc market,
even going legal in Maroc, is being heavily debated amongst the local corrupt politicians and the er....non corrupt? ....lol
if thats possible ...lol

T

tropicannayeah

ElRubio wrote "they were growing kiffi with the same techniques as the modern hybrids, so the morocan hashish they got is truly supreme."

Hey ElRubio, thanks for all the informative posts, it's just like being there!
Did they remove the males? How else apart from irrigation was done different or better with this particular field of Moroccan plants?

and there's no need to write "wish you were here" on your posts as we already all wish we were...

Last edited:

ElRubio

Veteran
HOla tropicanna!

Yes. in that last farm i pictured they removed the males from their whole diffrents camps (criticals, somangos, cheese, kiffi, ....al fo them). Besides, this guys dont dry their cop in the sun but in barns. Hence the got a superior product (and more expensive consecuently).

Thanks for your nice words mate.
Big Ups!

theclearspot

Excellent thread. was in Morocco recently (the south: Marrakech,Essassouria) but not great for hash etc. I heard the Chefchauen area is much better. If you fly in where can you get to? Tangiers? Casablanca? I mean from Europe....

Latest posts

Latest posts