What's new

Morel Mania

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I find mine this weekend in timber areas outside of Eatonville Washington.

I find two pound

Betterhaff

Veteran
We’ve had unseasonably cool weather, but it’s been wet. Still a little ways off because of it, may have a bumper season with flushes all at once or a bust.

dickcorn

Got another pound or so in a different area today. It's very spotty here, lots of spots not popping yet or just teeny ones. Couple other areas have big 3-4 inch drying up ones. Excellent weather forecasted though, could be great year for them and ticks haha.

Ncogneato

I started this thread two weeks ago. I must have jinxed myself! I still don't have my first shroom of the season yet! Fuck!
That will change this weekend. We could use some rain in our area so I will focus on the bogs and creeks.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Let you know how much I love them, I was picking shrooms with a cast on my ankle

dickcorn

Woke up before sunrise, got shy of 9 lbs before wife had to work at 11. Ended up selling 6 for 160$ bought 10 pounds ribeyes plus groceries. Gonna be feasting haha. Just coming on strong here.

dickcorn

I'm freezing them this year, previously I've only dried them. I was told to batter then freeze in single layer, then store. Anybody else freeze them or have suggestions? Really hoping I didn't ruin a couple pounds.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I usually dry them but have froze them. I don’t batter them just flour. Cut them in half, rinse in cold water, drain to remove excess water, flour them and spread and freeze on a cookie sheet. When frozen solid bag up. A vacuum sealer works well here.

Ncogneato

I need to get back out there. I am seeing local reports of massive hauls. We just got a nice rain and it warmed up by nearly 20 degrees over the last couple of days. We are expecting scattered showers and storms for the next three days! I don't mind getting wet for our little Morchella friends!!

dickcorn

Me n buddy found 13 pounds this morning, one of my best days ever! Still finding fresh ones popping but most are enormous. Great year for me already and I estimate 1-2,weeks left still.

Betterhaff

Veteran
^ ^ Nice.

First it was cool and wet then it got warm and dry, weird Spring. Finally got some rain and found these whites while looking for some sites. A couple were past prime but still OK. I wish I would have used something as a size reference, the middle one was big. The second pic is it on a dinner plate.

I chopped it up and fried in butter with some sweet onion and then cracked a couple of eggs over all…delicious.

Attachments

• 5.17.15.jpg
    5.17.15.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 11
  • On Plate.jpg
    On Plate.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 16

shithawk420

Veteran
My buddy recently found some good looking ones in the Midwest.he says they can go for two hundred dollars a pound in Chicago.is that true?

Betterhaff

Veteran
$50 – 60 a pound retail here (Midwest). $200 is pretty steep but I can imagine some high end shops trying to get it.

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks betterhaff.that's what I thought.50 a pound stills sounds good though.I think this is a good hobby.great thread

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Thanks betterhaff.that's what I thought.50 a pound stills sounds good though.I think this is a good hobby.great thread

they go for 3 or 4 times the price of dried shittake mushrooms in local grocery stores when they can get them. sell out overnight...:woohoo: