What's new

More Snow Bring it on those that whine are pansies!

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
More Snow! Bring it on! Those that whine about it are pansies! We have 20 or so inches on the ground, the snow piles by the walks are 5 feet tall. I had to knock them back to make room for more. Now they are saying we could get 2 feet between 2 storms, one the day after the other. And maybe another Saturday! Bring it on! Those that whine about it, do the rest of us a favor and move to a climate that has no snow, and let the rest of us enjoy it! At times, I feel like I am on the verge of leaving this reality and setting sail for another, about to find out what's on "the other side". Still, I welcome the snow. As odd as it seems, I still love it, and when I shovel it I feel better, more alive and like I have a chance of beating whatever is effecting me. You would think it would finish me off, but I go out there with the attitude that I will die with my head hung high and with honor, and instead the pain melts away and I feel alive again. I love snow!

man it rained today for a good 3 minutes and I about died. I was driving and with such crazy weather I didn't know if I could keep control. It's wild over here where I live as well.

SmokinErb

Anyone else here hit by that ice storm?

Anyone else here hit by that ice storm?

There's gotta be some people in here. It's shitty out here, man. We have 2 utility poles down in our backyard, transformer box on the ground and everything, power wires all through the back yard. No power, no hot water, no heat, no way to cook, no nothing. Going on 3 days now.

And... I'm on house arrest. They got me on this GPS tracking unit that has to be charged up exactly like a cell phone. They allowed to to go to my grandmothers place in town where they still have power and charge it up and I was SUPPOSED to be able to stay there until power was restored.. however they just told me to get home, and I'd be allowed to come back in town to charge it tomorrow. It's below zero with the wind chill, about 40 degrees inside the house and I'm sure it'll only get colder. No means of cooking anything, I guess it'll be dry ramen for a while. Power company estimated "up to 2 weeks" to get power restored due to so many downed utility poles. Posting this from my grandmothers house, waiting for my unit to be fully charged then gotta head back home.

This is fucking miserable.

supaleeb

You think you got snow? Silly, rabbits. Check this out:

http://gizmodo.com/5749871/how-in-snowhell-could-you-crash-a-car-like-this

500x_lsd-snow-2_01.jpg
500x_179658_126479244086904_120392064695622_158273_6762534_n.jpg

That first picture, by the way, is LAKE SHORE DRIVE in CHICAGO.

I must say, though, I personally shit myself when I saw the second one.

crazybear

Move to the midwest, you'll love the snow & cold! If a geo metro beat somebodys 4wheel drive, you either didn't have it in 4wheel drive or you don't know how to drive, or you got the wrong 4wheel drive vehicle!

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I'm lovin my 4x4 f-150. She has been bulletproof so far this winter. I pass many vehicles, off the road, on my way to work.
They thank me when I pull them out!!!!
Good tires + good metal music + years of driving in snow = SMOOOOOOTH sailing!!!!!!
Mainer for life, it's how we like it!!!!
Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!

ice sucks for sure, as does driving in bad weather. But like I read somewhere, it's all about trade offs no matter where you go. Where you don't have the snow, you have tornadoes or earthquakes or much more frequent hurricanes or extreme heat and humidity in the summer. Screw that, give me the snow any day, even if we do top 100 inches this year. Up to 60 something, have to check but 61 sounds right. A snowstorm every 3 or 4 days seems to be a pattern that is going to hold for a while. I hope we do have over 100, then at least I can have something to tell the grandkids if I ever have any, you know the uphill both ways in 4 feet of snow type stories! :D

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

so how many ICMag'rs got stuck or are still stuck @ home due to the storm? I suppose the worst of them are without power and unable to respond here yet.......

I'm far north enough that the storm missed us completely.

I have lived in the white mountains and the big citys of the midwest and both places i really enjoy the first snowfall but grow tired of it after the first week. still not sure what I enjoy more the look on a little kids face the first time they see snow or the look on a little old ladys face after she has to learn how to drive in it again after the warmer months.

who is so anal as to give someone negative rep for those last 2 posts? They didn't say anything wrong! well anyway, I am not looking forward to this next storm, as it will be rain then slushy 1-3 inches of snow. If there is anything I hate, it is rain in the wintertime! peace

C

Cheeb

All of the power failures got me thinking about definitely getting some type of battery backup for the exhaust/scrubber.

Many are still without power now for several days with no signs of it coming back up anytime soon. I can only imagine a lot of people are potentially stinking it out if they happen to be full flowering. I'm lucky to have kept my power with all the heavy ice.

No light no worries, but those scrubbers gotta stay running.

How long can a battery backup run a fan (225w)/scrubber after a power failure?

- -

I wish it would just stay around 30 and dump snow. I hate single digit temps and low teens. Makes it hard to breathe when you 1st get right out into it.

Really gets me thinking about cold climate and how it effects our life expectancy. drastic temp changes going from heated houses to single digits, little sunlight..stuff like that.

I've heard about people getting SAD syndrome from constant gray days, but this hobby takes care of that for us lucky ones. It definitely depresses a lot of people around here.

Couldn't live with constantly gray skys w/o gardening indoors.

B

bongbong

An ice storm knocked my power off for a few days last month it caught me off guard and a tent suffered. Hope all the icmaggers are doing okay. Im looking to get a small generator that would power just one digital 600 and my led tv.

F

feral

We've dodged the bullet so far here in the DC area (knocks on wood) compared to the rest of the nation. I think we've seen like 6 inches total this winter.

well it ended up all rain here and could end the winter now with just another inch or 2 or could be a nice storm tues, and the thurs storm out to sea, I hope we get one of the 2 at least.

well it seems we are not to get snow here until about the 22nd, on the contrary a warm up with temps in the 50s for a few days, a few days is ok but want more snow!

wisco61

But it's all good, I was running the snowblower for hours yesterday and today, and shoveling, providing some much needed exercise I can't get any other way in the winter. I still had pains during and after, but it did not seem to matter anymore. So tired I could collapse but it made me feel alive again. I love snow! That is an understatement but don't know how else to put it.

Possessing a snow blower removes your right to question others viewpoint of winter.

Candyassess and their power snow removal machines...