What's new

More Fems?

S

scai

There is so many fantastic varieties to work and discover, and so little time and space...Wish we could try all of them ;)
Hey to you too GB ;)
P.S. I'm leo, lol ;) we are not all bad, are we?

konopenko

Veteran
WTF is leo? femenized lion :biggrin:
I think that Ace/Cbg produced fem seeds only cos of market demand..most customers buy regular so they can cross those beautifull lines and produce f2, develop their own hybrids...producing fem seeds is a step in wrong direction..leeds only towards weak cannabis genetic pool :xmasnut:

Big City

Selfing is a powerful breeding tool. There is no advantage to growing regular seeds over fems.

Here is a quote from Tom Hill from another thread yesterday that reinforces this point:

"Selfing is approxately 3times more intensive than full sib mating, being that there arer no extra bonus point for going slow (after all, we are not slow cooking tritip) there is zero justification other than hebi jeebi's you can't explain, to stick to M/f selection methods"

"Listen and listen good, the only thing you're losing by throwing the Y away is the wasted time you incur by not doing so."

I hope to see more S1's of exceptional females, and hybrids made using reversed pollen of these exceptional plants, from people like Ace and CBG in the future.

konopenko

Veteran
TH is 1.class breeder and a good homo economicus as well :) his interest-from economic view is to sell more fems then regular cos they bring more $...simple as that!
My good friend is the same patient, he prefers 5 fem seeds over 11 regular for same price???
So 5 wannabe females against at least 7 or 8 healthy females..crazy:bashhead:

b8man

Veteran
Female seeds are useful for keeping your numbers down - thereby keeping within a different legal category should doors be busted down. I'm not happy with 20 highly illegal plants in my house - 10 i'm not so worried.

And in my experience you get just as good taste of the strain through the feminized version - maybe not the variety, but again that can advantageous.

konopenko

Veteran
Adze my bad, from BC post I asumed that he is already producing fems..I admire his work dont get me wrong, so Im pleased he didnt waste his time on fems ;) Im patiently waiting release of North Indian from Tom Hill..could be something special :)

S

scai

Selfing is a powerful breeding tool. There is no advantage to growing regular seeds over fems.

Here is a quote from Tom Hill from another thread yesterday that reinforces this point:

"Selfing is approxately 3times more intensive than full sib mating, being that there arer no extra bonus point for going slow (after all, we are not slow cooking tritip) there is zero justification other than hebi jeebi's you can't explain, to stick to M/f selection methods"

"Listen and listen good, the only thing you're losing by throwing the Y away is the wasted time you incur by not doing so."

I hope to see more S1's of exceptional females, and hybrids made using reversed pollen of these exceptional plants, from people like Ace and CBG in the future.

Hmm, It might be that I don't understand all what people are writing, cos english is just another landuage for me...

But , but, who can say that it is no worth of growing regulars?

I'm SO very oppose to that.

I always think how much genepool we miss, if we all grow only fems.
But , probably, those fems are made of stock that doesn't give many varieties...cos they are for yield..

How about the variety of standarts all F1, F2, F3 and all that breedingstock that people miss, when they grow only for quick profit.

How about norishing all that genepool they gives to us..all the runts, all the male , all different expressions that our seeds give us.How about saving them? How about taking them to f2 and selecting the best ones...

Hmm some of us might be a breeder that wats to take things futher.
But like afterthouhgt, I still say, that people who use only fems are waisting a genepool.
It's allright, I understad people who have no space and want only results, it's ok.
Still I weep all genepool that is lost..That could have been used in breeding, to work something unusual

S

scai

TH is 1.class breeder and a good homo economicus as well :) his interest-from economic view is to sell more fems then regular cos they bring more $...simple as that!
My good friend is the same patient, he prefers 5 fem seeds over 11 regular for same price???
So 5 wannabe females against at least 7 or 8 healthy females..crazy:bashhead:

Konopenko, maybe you make same mistake that I made.Tom Hill is not the same as Th seeds...two different things:

konopenko

Veteran
@Scai@ Tom is true breeder no doubt, but maybe he is ready to indorse fems cos of market demand..Im sure lots of growers will aploud with their ears, how we say ;)

S

scai

Hmm...Tom still has no fems?
Need to go to his forum to see if there is something in the air...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
There are indeed more feminized versions being released this season: the new Malawi fem, Golden Tiger fem, Zamaldelica fem and Congo fem. All of them available now at Seedboutique.

We also have a new Purple Haze x Malawi killer fem limited edition that is about to be released, and more fem stock will be available for the second half of 2013 and 2014 :)

Regards! dubi - ACE Seeds -

Cryptlord9999

Fem seeds are nothing but hyped up, glorified hermie genetics. As someone who for my medical needs prefers pure sativa strains and grows indoors I would have to ask why one can not simply plant more then they need, sex the plants before flowering (by flowering cuttings) and then culling the males and females they don't need/wants? Fem seeds also take longer to germinate and get through the seedling stage then regular seeds. Fem seeds are also more sensitive to light leaks and stress, which coupled with hermie genetic potential (which is in ALL cannabis plants) increases the likelihood of producing hermies. Fem seeds are for lazy growers and keep them having to replenish their seed supply when with regular seeds you can produce your own after buying a strain once, fem seeds are a waste of money, I would waste far more in seed purchases using fem seeds then I would ever waste on soil, space, water, grow equipment wear/tear and electricity growing regular seeds and disposing of males, especially with the cost of seeds!!!. Plus with organic grow methods you can recycle the soil. Though I will have to admit I need to restock on my Nepalese Jam seeds as I didn't make my own seed with that strain and really enjoyed it.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
There are indeed more feminized versions being released this season: the new Malawi fem, Golden Tiger fem, Zamaldelica fem and Congo fem. All of them available now at Seedboutique.

We also have a new Purple Haze x Malawi killer fem limited edition that is about to be released, and more fem stock will be available for the second half of 2013 and 2014 :)

Regards! dubi - ACE Seeds -

Definitely picking up those zamal x malawi fems, strictly for the effects :tiphat:

yoss33

Veteran
It's great to be able to choose between regular and feminized, as in some cases feminized seeds are truly convenient.
I like them because I don't have much space to start my seedlings before transplanting outdoors. No space is wasted on males (i.e. more females to select among) and no need to wait for sexing (i.e. no females discarded because they didn't preflower), I simply select the plants with best traits and plant them outdoors when convenient.
And then, I'm happy that I bought the regular version of Zamaldelica because it supposedly gives me higher chances for a more clear high due to the Thai influence.

stimp

Definitely picking up those zamal x malawi fems, strictly for the effects :tiphat:

Same Gerard, as soon as the zamaldelica regs came out my first thought was that i'd really love a straigh Malawi zamal cross, being fem is a bonus though. But i'll also be picking up the reg version.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
It's great to be able to choose between regular and feminized, as in some cases feminized seeds are truly convenient.
I like them because I don't have much space to start my seedlings before transplanting outdoors. No space is wasted on males (i.e. more females to select among) and no need to wait for sexing (i.e. no females discarded because they didn't preflower), I simply select the plants with best traits and plant them outdoors when convenient.
And then, I'm happy that I bought the regular version of Zamaldelica because it supposedly gives me higher chances for a more clear high due to the Thai influence.

I'd go with the bangi haze if you're looking for clarity, or if ya don't mind 20+ week bloom times the double thai. I think Dubi made the Zamal x Malawi with pure trippiness in mind so looking for a clear "thai" effect in the regular seeds may not be worth it. Just sayin.

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks for the advice, Gerardbutler. But of course, I didn't buy Zamaldelica to look for a clear Thai effect. I want max trippiness, but without the heavy body which the Malawi can introduce, so the speedy and clear Thai mixed in seems advantageous to me.
Nevertheless, it's great that Zamal x Malawi is offered, for those looking for the roughest African trip.