What's new

More Dispensary Raids - Owner's Dog Killed

EDIT: Owners dog NOT killed, but shot. Sorry for the sensationalism.

SOURCE - L.A. Times

L.A. Times said:
Federal authorities and local police agencies today raided two Westside marijuana dispensaries as well as the residence of the owners.

The raids occurred at a facility on Washington Boulevard in Culver City and on Overland Avenue in Los Angeles. Authorities recovered undisclosed items and are continuing their investigation, according to a Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman. The names of the owners whose homes were searched were not immediately available.

During one of the raids, officers shot a dog believed to be a pit bull, but the circumstances of the shooting remain unclear, a law enforcement spokesman said.

The Drug Enforcement Administration, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Internal Revenue Service, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Los Angeles Police Department, Torrance Police Department and Culver City Police Department took part in the raids.

Law enforcement agencies have been cracking down on pot dispensaries for some time, but officials did not immediately say what prompted these raids.

[Update] Officials said they reported 200 plants, 100 pounds of marajuana, $100,000 cash and made one arrest. The dog that was shot by authorities was treated by a vet and expected to make a full recovery.

-- Andrew Blankstein
LATimes

Why is this shit (excuse my language) still going on?
I suspect there may be a little more to it... but, seriously.

UPDATE
IGROWMYOWN said:
Officials reported making one arrest and finding 200 plants, 100 pounds of marijuana, and $100,000 cash. The dog that was shot by authorities was treated by a vet and expected to make a full recovery

Last edited:
From what I hear a lot of "Dispensaries" in LA arent that legal, some just throw open a business and start selling weed out of it to just anyone.

If you want to do this you have to do it the legal way :(

dkmonk

Well if that's is the case were they weren't a legal dispensary than they should put Pot Shop closed not dispensary, because a dispensary that sells meds legally should never get shut down.

dkmonk said:
Well if that's is the case were they weren't a legal dispensary than they should put Pot Shop closed not dispensary, because a dispensary that sells meds legally should never get shut down.

Truth.

makedadproud said:
From what I hear a lot of "Dispensaries" in LA arent that legal, some just throw open a business and start selling weed out of it to just anyone.
You'd have to be pretty nuts, man.

coolx

BH - did you read what you posted:

"The dog that was shot by authorities was treated by a vet and expected to make a full recovery."

not killed.

but beside that, this sucks, especially in light of the decision a couple of days ago by the US attorney and DEA to officially on the record, accept a medical mj rec. in New Mexico and throw out the case. I've been to Organica and the people there are real nice. Dispensaries are a grey area, coops are more legal. Seeing as the IRS was involved, maybe tax evasion was the trigger ... I guess we'll soon find out.

Danknuggler

BH - did you read what you posted:

"The dog that was shot by authorities was treated by a vet and expected to make a full recovery."

not killed.

but beside that, this sucks, especially in light of the decision a couple of days ago by the US attorney and DEA to officially on the record, accept a medical mj rec. in New Mexico and throw out the case. I've been to Organica and the people there are real nice. Dispensaries are a grey area, coops are more legal. Seeing as the IRS was involved, maybe tax evasion was the trigger ... I guess we'll soon find out.
Do you got a link to that new mexico story?

master shake

Hmmm...Didn't Osama, I mean Obama say the feds would stop raiding Med clubs? Was this shop running illegally? Where are the local authorities? It's their job.

B

Blue Dot

Hmmm...Didn't Osama, I mean Obama say the feds would stop raiding Med clubs? Was this shop running illegally? Where are the local authorities? It's their job.

Obama said only if dispensaries were also following state law.

Just because a dispensary exists does not inherently mean it is following state law.

This is why
The Drug Enforcement Administration, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Internal Revenue Service, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Los Angeles Police Department, Torrance Police Department and Culver City Police Department took part in the raids.

washed up

"The Drug Enforcement Administration, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Internal Revenue Service, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Los Angeles Police Department, Torrance Police Department and Culver City Police Department took part in the raids."

Torrance is at least 20 miles from those 2 spots.... KARAYZAY! I guess you need 7 LE Agencies to raid 2 clubs & a house????? No weapons of mass destruction???? WTF?

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
Possibly, torrance pd was involved because the home(s) that were raided might have been located there. It doesn't specifically state they were involved with the dispensary raid. They were involved in the raids. (emphasis plurality of raids) It is not clear to make that assumption they took part in the dispensary raid.

"The Drug Enforcement Administration, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Internal Revenue Service, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Los Angeles Police Department, Torrance Police Department and Culver City Police Department took part in the raids."

Torrance is at least 20 miles from those 2 spots.... KARAYZAY! I guess you need 7 LE Agencies to raid 2 clubs & a house????? No weapons of mass destruction???? WTF?
Sounds like there might have been a lot of shit going on if they were coordinating with all those agencies. If the IRS is involved it usually means they are suspected of money laundering or tax evasion. The DEA is self-explanatory. They are so brainwashed that they probably still think dispensaries are evil and sell to kids and blah blah blah. FBI is who actually pursues most money laundering investigations. The other ones are probably local jurisdictions for the shops and the owners' homes (it's not just one house).

As stated above AG Holder's statement was that raids were to stop for those that are following state law.

O

ocean99

I'm pretty sure dispensaries aren't mentioned in 215 or 420, isn't that up to the cities to regulate them?

Fuck I hate how inconsistent our government is. Shows weakness, to us and the world. Take Charles Lynch, the dude fucking had the mayor cut his ribbon on opening day, was a model dispensary owner, 100% legit and just cause SLO county has a draconian piece of shit sheriff the dude gets what like 5 years? There needs to be a much more stringent selection policy implemented for authority figures....

I'm pretty sure dispensaries aren't mentioned in 215 or 420, isn't that up to the cities to regulate them?

Fuck I hate how inconsistent our government is. Shows weakness, to us and the world. Take Charles Lynch, the dude fucking had the mayor cut his ribbon on opening day, was a model dispensary owner, 100% legit and just cause SLO county has a draconian piece of shit sheriff the dude gets what like 5 years? There needs to be a much more stringent selection policy implemented for authority figures....
I think a lot of "dispensaries" actually classify themselves as co-ops or collectives. Dispensaries aren't really allowed under the guidelines or the case law, they used to classify themselves as caregivers but that was struck down.

Muleskinner

Veteran
Oh yes, pigs love to kill things. Especially small animals.

Funny, Vioxx killed 120,000 people - nobody got raided. Nobody's dogs got shot. Cannabis never killed anyone.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
This is probably going to be a problem...

This is probably going to be a problem...

UPDATE: Officials reported making one arrest and finding 200 plants, 100 pounds of marijuana, and $100,000 cash. The dog that was shot by authorities was treated by a vet and expected to make a full recovery....... hope they can explain the cash and are caregiving

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
UPDATE: Officials reported making one arrest and finding 200 plants, 100 pounds of marijuana, and $100,000 cash. The dog that was shot by authorities was treated by a vet and expected to make a full recovery....... hope they can explain the cash and are caregiving

Why wouldn't they be able to explain cash...they are a Dispensary--

Latest posts

Latest posts