What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MOOCHERS !!

Morcheeba*

Veteran
before i started growing my own i had never grown anything. i sucked at growing for a while due to too much info overload on the site but once you get over the intimidation of asking questions and reading up on the stickeys in the various forums youll realize that you can improve as a grower.

just dont think you will kill it your first grow or expect unrealistic weight upon harvest.

there is a learning curve and everyone either gets better or gives up growing.

you can be successful, just ask questions.

peace

Green Squall

Don't waste anymore seeds until you get the basics down. Just do some reading and take notes. Also don't pay attention to Just Like Candy. Sounds like a nasty troll.

I like your screen name by the way. It's good to have a sense of humor.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
If you had ordered your seeds from the Boutique you would have some freebies to give them.
On the other hand, since you broke rule #1 with peeps who are already giving you problems you may as well give them all your seeds.

Get some shwag or mids and grow the seeds from there to learn.

Also to see if you can really trust your "friends" give them some shwag/mid seeds and see if they really do split the harvest with you.

rolandomota

Veteran
The real question is why are your plants dying? Over watering not enough water too much food too little food crappy soil? If they want seeds they can pay for them like you even order with you receiving them. You can get hundreds of seeds from small plants once you can keep them alive. Some pay 10 or up to 20 a seeds the most expensive I see today are 350 a ten pack (Gage green limited edition) which is outrageous 5 per seed is average price. So have them buy their own or make some and gift. Get your shit together and grow something without killing it until harvest. Its not that hard man buy some potting soil mix plant your seed and don't over water which I think is the main problem people have at first. Mexican bat guano is great for vegging just add it when the bottom leafs are turning yellow. Flower nutrients are a little harder to use but again don't overfeed you'll be ok.

brown_thumb

The real question is why are your plants dying? Over watering not enough water too much food too little food crappy soil? If they want seeds they can pay for them like you even order with you receiving them. You can get hundreds of seeds from small plants once you can keep them alive. Some pay 10 or up to 20 a seeds the most expensive I see today are 350 a ten pack (Gage green limited edition) which is outrageous 5 per seed is average price. So have them buy their own or make some and gift. Get your shit together and grow something without killing it until harvest. Its not that hard man buy some potting soil mix plant your seed and don't over water which I think is the main problem people have at first.

I'm slowly getting better, I think. I did over water the first batch plus the soil straight from the bag has too much clay in it. Those all died.

I added more perlite, rice hulls and vermiculite for the new seedlings which are all doing okay for now though they seem to be growing too slowly. I think the soil needs even more perlite so it drains really well. I'll change the mix in the larger container I transplant them to.

I'm not over feeding them at all. In fact, the only things I've added to the new seedlings (per gallon of water and only twice) is a half teaspoon of epsom salt, one teaspoon of molasses, 12 ounces of regular beer, 3 ounces of H2O2 and a few drops of Microbe-Lift. All that stuff just helps feed the microbes so they can help release the food already in the soil. The H2O2 and Microbe-Lift killed the fungus gnats. I've been adjusting water PH to between 6.2 and 6.5 but I've read that may be too high... maybe 5.8 is better?

Currently the new seedlings are only 2-5 inches tall. I might start adding a little nutrients to the larger ones next time I water.

brown_thumb

So they want you to GIVE them seeds, lol. Here’s an idea, if they’re willing to share the crop, have them share in the expense of the seed. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. The down side is if they actually get and share the crop.

I sometimes grow with a buddy, we share but also do our own thing and it works out. The real bottom line is how good the relationship is. I’ve seen many of these things turn south real fast and sometimes in a very bad way.
On the side and don’t mean it personally but after reading this and noticing your screen name I laughed big time.

Yes, I'm laughing at myself and crying for my losses, both at the same time.