What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MOOCHERS !!

brown_thumb

I've been trying to grow from seed for about six months now and have failed every attempt. I have 2-3 dozen high-grade seeds to keep trying though. Two neighbors... they say are my friends... keep asking for me to GIVE them seeds that cost me US$5-10 each. One 'friend' says he'll plant them randomly at the back of his property and will share the crop. The other 'friend' says he built a small greenhouse and will share the crop.

What I want to know is this: WTF do they want me to give them seeds for FREE when; 1. Both of these guys make 2-3 times as much money as I do, 2. The second guy claims he needs to leave town very soon to go to work... so he CAN'T possibly have time to grow to harvest (so he'll just take them with him out of state), 3. The first guy killed the 5 seeds I GIFTED him after he said, "There's NO WAY I'm paying $5 per seed"... but of course he accepted the seeds for FREE!!

MOOCHERS... SCAMMERS!! Friends??? HA HA HA HA!!!

Dankwolf

Lol . give them some peanuts and tell them to hook you up with smoke when there done growing at end of year lol . they should stop asking for seeds after that .just jokeing but people will say anything when you have something they want . happens all the time .

brown_thumb

You broke rule #1 of fight club...

Granted but these are my so-called 'friends'. The first one built my lean-to greenhouse so he's aware of what I'm growing. The second one figured it out on his own. But... yes... I probably talk too much.

What I've done so far is look them straight in the eye and have them tell me straight-faced that they'll do their best and will be here until harvest time.

The truth is, I'm so bad at growing that it would be a good deal for me if: 1. They know what they're doing, 2. They truly do share equitably, 3. Aren't lying through their teeth. The fact is I doubt all three these qualifiers.

brown_thumb

Lol . give them some peanuts and tell them to hook you up with smoke when there done growing at end of year lol . they should stop asking for seeds after that .just jokeing but people will say anything when you have something they want . happens all the time .

I know... and it makes me sad about the human race.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
1. pollinate one of you girls and give them some of those.

2. buy a bag of dirt weed and give them the seeds from it. you did say they wont or cant grow them to completion so they will never know.

3. be honest and tell them it cost you money for the seeds and make them buy it. if they are too cheap to pay 5 bucks they are not serious.

be careful after you tell them b/c they will know where your plants are and they may become rippers at your expense.

peace

Granted but these are my so-called 'friends'. The first one built my lean-to greenhouse so he's aware of what I'm growing. The second one figured it out on his own. But... yes... I probably talk too much.

What I've done so far is look them straight in the eye and have them tell me straight-faced that they'll do their best and will be here until harvest time.

The truth is, I'm so bad at growing that it would be a good deal for me if: 1. They know what they're doing, 2. They truly do share equitably, 3. Aren't lying through their teeth. The fact is I doubt all three these qualifiers.

There are no friends when it comes to growing bro.

Do you intend growing at the same time? If so then what happens if they get busted, and they sound like the fools who would tell everyone they are growing.
They will then shop you.

And if they do grow them, then how do you know that they wont keep snipping immature buds off them to speed dry to smoke out their buddies?
And by time they should be ready for harvest there is nothing much left on them, just a bare framework of branches.

Sorry but now you have told them you grow then there is nothing to do but for you to close up shop; it will just end badly whether you grow them yourself or you give them to your "friends" to try and grow.

You don't have friends in this business, not even one.
"But I thought he was my friend" is famous last words for many a grower through history.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

the old expression 'Fuck 'em and feed 'em beans' comes to mind, just make sure they're getting Bush's Baked Beans and not gear from any seed vendors.

I think the real reason they want your seeds is because they're too cowardly to take the risk in ordering/paying/receiving themselves, period.

Betterhaff

Veteran
So they want you to GIVE them seeds, lol. Here’s an idea, if they’re willing to share the crop, have them share in the expense of the seed. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. The down side is if they actually get and share the crop.

I sometimes grow with a buddy, we share but also do our own thing and it works out. The real bottom line is how good the relationship is. I’ve seen many of these things turn south real fast and sometimes in a very bad way.
The truth is, I'm so bad at growing that...
On the side and don’t mean it personally but after reading this and noticing your screen name I laughed big time.

brown_thumb

1. pollinate one of you girls and give them some of those.

2. buy a bag of dirt weed and give them the seeds from it. you did say they wont or cant grow them to completion so they will never know.

3. be honest and tell them it cost you money for the seeds and make them buy it. if they are too cheap to pay 5 bucks they are not serious.

be careful after you tell them b/c they will know where your plants are and they may become rippers at your expense.

peace

All true... all good options.

brown_thumb

Do you intend growing at the same time? If so then what happens if they get busted, and they sound like the fools who would tell everyone they are growing.
They will then shop you.

And if they do grow them, then how do you know that they wont keep snipping immature buds off them to speed dry to smoke out their buddies?
And by time they should be ready for harvest there is nothing much left on them, just a bare framework of branches.

Sorry but now you have told them you grow then there is nothing to do but for you to close up shop; it will just end badly whether you grow them yourself or you give them to your "friends" to try and grow.

You don't have friends in this business, not even one.
"But I thought he was my friend" is famous last words for many a grower through history.

All likely true. Perhaps my best bet is to give just enough that they STFU and shoot if that's not enough.

brown_thumb

the old expression 'Fuck 'em and feed 'em beans' comes to mind, just make sure they're getting Bush's Baked Beans and not gear from any seed vendors.

I think the real reason they want your seeds is because they're too cowardly to take the risk in ordering/paying/receiving themselves, period.

I know that's true of one of them but I know the other isn't afraid to mail seeds... the latter is just a cheap SOB... actually BOTH are cheap SOBs but one isn't afraid to mail order.

brown_thumb

So they want you to GIVE them seeds, lol. Here’s an idea, if they’re willing to share the crop, have them share in the expense of the seed. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. The down side is if they actually get and share the crop.

I sometimes grow with a buddy, we share but also do our own thing and it works out. The real bottom line is how good the relationship is. I’ve seen many of these things turn south real fast and sometimes in a very bad way.
On the side and don’t mean it personally but after reading this and noticing your screen name I laughed big time.

It's okay... I AM a weed killer. ;)

blastfrompast

Veteran
Friends like that get "experimental" beans lol....and they have to be growing alot farther away than your friends are...

Let them experience the "hermi" lol

shithawk420

Veteran
Holy shit I haven't seen that movie in forever.but seriously you can't grow op,and they are willing to share their crop and you still want them to pay?so what are you gonna do,try to grow them yourself and lose money cause they died?the obvious answer here is to browse the forums and ask someone for help.I'm sure someone will help.good luck

brown_thumb

Holy shit I haven't seen that movie in forever.but seriously you can't grow op,and they are willing to share their crop and you still want them to pay?so what are you gonna do,try to grow them yourself and lose money cause they died?the obvious answer here is to browse the forums and ask someone for help.I'm sure someone will help.good luck

I'd be fine with my neighbors asking for expensive seeds if they really would be successful and would share with me. My point is that one guy probably won't be successful (he killed the 5 seeds I gave him) and the other is moving soon so his offer to grow here and share isn't truthful.

Latest posts

Latest posts