What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mold prevention

Majo

Veteran
I had great success in containing mold (or just prevent it) with using pure propolis extract.
4ml x 1L if you spray it or 10ml x 1L if you use it in the water.
It's great from every kind of mold, from botritys to oidium.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I shake the shit out of my plants after it rains. If they were infants they would be dead or severely mentally retarded. Defoliation also works wonders. I try and take any leaves that make clusters on the plants, and take the leaves that lay on top on buds. And seriously if your growing in a spot that is prime real estate for mold to grow and thrive, why wouldn't you visit your plants more often then not. I'd rather take calculated risks to ensure success, rather than letting my plants go to shit cause i'm too scared to get caught. Ohh and I put my plants out in may. They don't hit the 10' mark ever. Lst'ing is the way to go. A plant can't be 10 ft. tall if it's been tied down. 10 ft. around is what it will be.

sutra1

I do grow in my yard. I'll just take the hit (mold/rot) and hope most of the buds survive. I've never lost more the 20% even in the worst years. I grow for my own head and I ain't smoking Serenade or any other preventative.

Sinkyone

Smokey is more or less correct. Genetics selection is your first line of defense against mold, as well as the most effective defense. Some strains are just mold magnets and have no business being grown outdoors. Sonata, Serenade, Oxidate, etc can help keep mold in check, but once a plant gets a severe infection nothing will stop it from spreading.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do grow in my yard. I'll just take the hit (mold/rot) and hope most of the buds survive. I've never lost more the 20% even in the worst years. I grow for my own head and I ain't smoking Serenade or any other preventative.

This is also another reason why I don't spray anything on my plants once flowering starts. I give this stuff to my friends and family. I do not want to risk their health for a little more healthy bud.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I shake the shit out of my plants after it rains. If they were infants they would be dead or severely mentally retarded. Defoliation also works wonders. I try and take any leaves that make clusters on the plants, and take the leaves that lay on top on buds. And seriously if your growing in a spot that is prime real estate for mold to grow and thrive, why wouldn't you visit your plants more often then not. I'd rather take calculated risks to ensure success, rather than letting my plants go to shit cause i'm too scared to get caught. Ohh and I put my plants out in may. They don't hit the 10' mark ever. Lst'ing is the way to go. A plant can't be 10 ft. tall if it's been tied down. 10 ft. around is what it will be.

I lst my plants even if they're only 3ft tall. Lst is the only way to guerilla grow safely, imo.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
im a guerilla grower and im gonna try to prevent bud rot this year with my first line of def being mold resistant strains like serious6,biddy early,green posion and im also gonna use the greencure and actinvate..i will hit them on week 1 of flower with greencure week2 with activnate and repeat till week four of flower..im hoping this will prevent it from ever appering..i lost total plants this year to mold and nothing is more painful cuting rot out a otherwise beautiful cola..if i see a spot of mold after all the above steps i will then use liquid copper to spot spray the infected area and remove the bud..i will post back in sept of 2015 to let any guerrilla grower out there know if this works as im sure most of us guerilla growers will always battle this shit

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Kygiacomo, any news?

Hey purple i had really good results this year by preventing bud rot. i still got some rot but i know the exact reason that was. i had snails and caterpillars on 3 of my plants. they was the only 3 that got the rot and the plants that wasnt hit with snails and cats had zero mold. its a very time consuming process to spray ever 3-4 days but i did it. i used greencure,sns244c,actinovate,regalia,aspirin and chitosan. i applied at different times all thur the flowering stages. i did a complete journal here in the outdoor section which is in my sig if u want to take a look at it. i found 2 great strains though to run along with the Delahaze that i really like alot and so do my customers. the incredible bulk and blueberry headband from Emerald Triangle.