What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mod help with rules please

Status
Not open for further replies.

No-Till Thrill

Hi there guys,

New member here, needing help.

I apologize if this is not the correct place to post this, and will gladly move it if need be.

I am looking to speak to a mod regarding rules and such? I don’t want to piss anyone off trying to figure this out lol… I am hoping I can communicate with a mod privately to keep it off the main boards? As far as I could see, this is an off topic section of the forum. So I figured it was safe to do so here…

I was told to keep my questions about this off the introduction section. I am only after clarification. I really want to do this the correct way.

I can’t seem to send a message to admin/mods to figure it out privately.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help me. 🙂

Thrill.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I'm not a mod, but I do wonder why you'd join a cannabis grow site, yet your first post is in the off topic section? Not sure if any topic is too sensitive for speakers corner.

Anyway, if you are a grower welcome.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there guys,

I apologize if this is not the correct place to post this, and will gladly move it if need be.

I am looking to speak to a mod regarding rules and such? I don’t want to piss anyone off trying to figure this out lol… I am hoping I can communicate with a mod privately to keep it off the main boards? As far as I could see, this is an off topic section of the forum. So I figured it was safe to do so here…

I was told to keep my questions about this off the introduction section. I am only after clarification. I really want to do this the correct way.

Thrill.

covered in the terms of use where you clicked "i agree"

No-Till Thrill

I'm not a mod, but I do wonder why you'd join a cannabis grow site, yet your first post is in the off topic section? Not sure if any topic is too sensitive for speakers corner.

Anyway, if you are a grower welcome.

Hey there Chi….

Thanks for taking the time 🙂

I am a grower yes…. 33 plus years now.

I know it seems odd, but I just had my first account banned? It said for spam? I was only in the introduction section saying hello to everyone? I also said hello to a fellow van islander, and offered any help I can be, as I was only trying to pay it forward (something my old hippy mentor demanded of me). I can’t seem to figure out the rules regarding “spamming”. I have no services or products to push here. I am just a grower.

I had an old account from a couple years ago, I tried to use, as I finally have the time and need for a site like this? It seems like a great community.

@uncle fish stick …. Is there anyway you could find out how I spammed the boards by any chance? I just want to know what not to do again. I don’t want to break rules, or cause trouble. I have never offered any goods for sale etc… This is pretty confusing for a new member on here.

Thanks very kindly for your time fellas…

Super appreciate it…

Thrill.

sneezydog

I had a similar thing happen, in my case they said i was trolling. i have been known to be sarcastic, but not outright mean like i see sometimes..
you can use the @ feature to pull up their name, or whatever mods you want to see this personally and ask to set it straight... i think it was a mistaken case in my case, their are people who do try and sell stuff their first post in or just rag on others...
if your a grower of 33 years we need ya here though so hopefully everything works out.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey there Chi….

I know it seems odd, but I just had my first account banned? It said for spam? I was only in the introduction section saying hello to everyone? I also said hello to a fellow van islander, and offered any help I can be, as I was only trying to pay it forward (something my old hippy mentor demanded of me). I can’t seem to figure out the rules regarding “spamming”. I have no services or products to push here. I am just a grower.

I had an old account from a couple years ago, I tried to use, as I finally have the time and need for a site like this? It seems like a great community.

@uncle fish stick …. Is there anyway you could find out how I spammed the boards by any chance? I just want to know what not to do again. I don’t want to break rules, or cause trouble. I have never offered any goods for sale etc… This is pretty confusing for a new member on here.

Super appreciate it…

Thrill.

you probably had a link in one of your first post,we get a lot of spammers here...

avoid looking like your selling anything or advertising for products and you should be fine

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Hey there Chi….

Super appreciate it…

Thrill.

There's a revolving door of banned members, and spammers, who keep turning up. Did you link to any site that does sell something? That might be enough.

I would try an intro again but just play it safe, such as the first sentences of this post. Mods are pretty fair.

No-Till Thrill

There's a revolving door of banned members, and spammers, who keep turning up. Did you link to any site that does sell something? That might be enough.

I would try an intro again but just play it safe, such as the first sentences of this post. Mods are pretty fair.

Roger that…

And no, no links… I have nothing to sell…I did ask for how I spammed, but got confused for someone else, maybe? And got no answer from admin.

Thank you for your response Chi,

Have a great night,

Thrill.

No-Till Thrill

I had a similar thing happen, in my case they said i was trolling. i have been known to be sarcastic, but not outright mean like i see sometimes..
you can use the @ feature to pull up their name, or whatever mods you want to see this personally and ask to set it straight... i think it was a mistaken case in my case, their are people who do try and sell stuff their first post in or just rag on others...
if your a grower of 33 years we need ya here though so hopefully everything works out.
Hey Sneezy….

Thanks for your response…

I think I was mistaken for a pro photographer, trying to sell my wares haha… I do like taking shots, but defiantly no professional…

I look forward to getting a grow journal going now…

Thanks for your kind welcome Buddy..

Thrill.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
No-till's previous handle was banned for obvious spamming with only 2 posts in 2 1/2 years.

Sneezy's past 2 handles, Cudme and Sertaiz, were not banned but it looks like he requested that they be deleted by Gypsy.

.......... if he had a 3rd handle that got banned for trolling, let's have a name! :D

Alla this was explained to both!

:tongue: I smell a troll, Question is, is it 1 troll or 2 trolls? :whistling:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hi there guys,

Thrill.

FWIW the "tell" sign of most spammers... Is someone linking to something in their 1st post. You/we will see "newbie" with two post lets say and they basically say the same thing, in different threads across the board. IOW, unwanted advertising! "The post" is usually trivial and benign but, will contain a link to something or other which is not germane to the post itself. IOW, it is not the post as such, but the link to something which in turn goes against the TOS.

OTOH, a long standing mbr may link to something during a post if... and that is a big if, it is germane/appropriate to the convo.

It is sort of akin to "newbies" saying blah blah blah and BTW (link). Which really has nothing to do with the post or site for that matter. Simply promoting a product/products during a persons 1st post. We often see (at times) the "newbie". It is not unseen (here) that someone will come along and I have seen it in the past, have 11 posts, in various areas, saying the same thing via cut/copy and paste, in a short time frame (read minutes) because you have to wait 60 sec between posts). That is spamming!
In all honesty, who really reads the TOS on anything they do? No one. You got your peepee slapped. Simply don't do it again and you will be fine :tiphat:

No-Till Thrill

Thanks for your response Switcher… I’ll take your advice and try to make sure I don’t do such things…. I appreciate the heads up…

Thrill.

No-Till Thrill

No-till's previous handle was banned for obvious spamming with only 2 posts in 2 1/2 years.

Sneezy's past 2 handles, Cudme and Sertaiz, were not banned but it looks like he requested that they be deleted by Gypsy.

.......... if he had a 3rd handle that got banned for trolling, let's have a name! :D

Alla this was explained to both!

:tongue: I smell a troll, Question is, is it 1 troll or 2 trolls? :whistling:
I appreciate the explanation sir… But I am still confused as to what I was spamming here Cosmic? And a Troll I am not… I have been growing for a long time man… Only looking for a new community of growers to learn with…

I forgot I had registered a couple years ago.. Also forgot my login etc… I have zero reason to “spam”, or “troll” anyone here? I am too old for that crap.. I just want you converse with fellow growers.

I never realized how easy it is to get banned with no explanation. I STILL don’t know what I did that you are referring to my spamming ? Do you have records of something I have done? Because I can’t figure out what I did?

I have been very open here, not shady at all.. Please accept my apology for whatever I may have done…I have never been banned like that before, it’s new to me.

Regards,

Thriller.

No-Till Thrill

you got caught SPAMMING and now, it looks like you're TROLLING, end of story, no further explanation is needed and stop playing dumb! :tongue:

This is crazy man… Please tell me what/where I was spamming? What do I need to do to prove otherwise? And to be honest, I don’t really enjoy being blamed for something I didn’t do.. Not a very warm welcome.. Even after you erased my introduction post. Why that happened is beyond me..

You were accusing me of being a pro photographer with a business. I have a decent iPhone camera, that’s it lol… No business, man. I’m a grower…

You have me confused for someone else, and punished me for something I never did. You are saying it’s because I only had two posts in two years? I forgot I even had an account here man.. How is that wrong of me?

And I am not trolling anyone. I am trying to figure out what I did wrong…And prevent any future mistakes.

I have never had anything like this happen on any forums I have been part of in the past…

All respect to you Cosmic… But this is nutso. I have not even been shown proof of these allegations, or proof for my original punishment…

Regards,

Thrill.

buzzmobile

Veteran
gone.jpg

So tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts