What's new

Mob S1 or cross?

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Hey guys and gals. These photos are of three seeds i pulled out of a mob boss grow last round. Have been trying to figure out if they were self pollinated or if they are a hybrid from another plant in the room?

Here are the clues:
Only developed seeds in the room came out of one small bud on a mob boss, and another plant next to the mob boss. One of the seed plants this round looks nearly identical to the mob boss the seeds came from, where as the other two are very different, structurally and scent wise. What do you guys think? I'll show some photos.

The original plant that i found the seeds in.
picture.php

The offspring plant that looks similar
picture.php

picture.php

this offspring differs from the last, with smaller less dense buds, long stem leafs, and narrow bladed leaves. same height and both were very branchy.
picture.php

This is a shot of the last two plants next to each other.
picture.php

and the third plant is way different, with SUPER fat bladed leaves, and a bad nute sensitivity
picture.php

picture.php

I KNOW ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY FOR CERTAIN WHICH PLANT, OR IF IT WAS THE SAME PLANT, THAT POLLINATED HER, BUT IS FUN TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT, AND THE FIRST OFFSPRING ABOVE IS DANK AND WILL BE GROWN AGAIN. ALL THESE PLANTS ARE BEING CHECKED REGULARLY FOR BANANAS...

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
It might help to know what the other plant was but I would guess with only 3 beans you probably got an S1 light leak bean which looks awesome btw.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
well there were a lot of other plants in the room, like ten other strains and lots of phenotypes of the ten strains.
I found a total of 9 seeds all in the same small bud. I don't know much bout breeding at the moment, but it seems that the bud was almost pollinated from the inside, making it selfed.

The one that looks so nice flowering, has looked like a champion from the start. Sturdy, great brancing, tight node spacing, frosty as hell, dense and likely fire smoke. Just like it's mob boss mama.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
To me it can be an S1, you get some S1's that vary from the mother plant in a small way such as your reporting. Than again i dont have experience with selfing. It just seems weird to get 3 variations.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
To me it can be an S1, you get some S1's that vary from the mother plant in a small way such as your reporting. Than again i dont have experience with selfing. It just seems weird to get 3 variations.

Thanks for taking a guess bigballin.
i would call it more than small variations. Really the only similarity that i am finding is that they are all branchy plants. Each of the three have a different leaf structure, bud structure and size, and smell. Seems like a lot of variation for a Selfed plant, no? One of them is turning a bit purple and its the one with the extra fat looking leaves. Wondering if maybe it was the sandstorm that i pulled from the room that had a banana on it...
Anyway one of the plants is looking VERY strong in lots of categories.

I'll know better when i eventually pop the other 7 or so seeds.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Sorry i didnt have enough time before to take a good look at the pics(Had to grab dinner:shark:)

I still behind my guess. The first two look identical from those photos i see, just maybe a little bit of inconsistency with bud size. The third one does look much different from the first two.

Due to what you say and can actually see i'd be led to believe it could be a new cross. Pictures dont do enough justice in some cases though.

Have you done breeding inside your grow rooms before? Any males before? A little pollen can find its way to the buds sometimes...Its happened to me and i end up with an accidental seed or two...

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Sorry i didnt have enough time before to take a good look at the pics(Had to grab dinner:shark:)

I still behind my guess. The first two look identical from those photos i see, just maybe a little bit of inconsistency with bud size. The third one does look much different from the first two.

Due to what you say and can actually see i'd be led to believe it could be a new cross. Pictures dont do enough justice in some cases though.

Have you done breeding inside your grow rooms before? Any males before? A little pollen can find its way to the buds sometimes...Its happened to me and i end up with an accidental seed or two...

Hey dude you are right that two of them look real similar in the photos. Same shape, nearly exactly. Difference in bud density and mass, and smell. Yeah and the third grows like a tall 100% indica, or bubba looking girl.
Anyhow its fun trying to figure this puzzle out, thanks for helping.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
forgot to answer you questions....

Never done breeding in that space before, though the room has been used to search through many different seeds and phenotypes. Often ten different strains at once, and multiple phenos of each. Variety is the spice of life:blowbubbles:
though bananas will rear their yellow heads eventually when dealing with so many different seeds

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
forgot to answer you questions....

Never done breeding in that space before, though the room has been used to search through many different seeds and phenotypes. Often ten different strains at once, and multiple phenos of each. Variety is the spice of life:blowbubbles:
though bananas will rear their yellow heads eventually when dealing with so many different seeds

I agree variety is what keeps me going. Even in my small 15"x15" i keep 9 plants going. But thats why i say a little pollen can go a long way. I found some seeds recently in my Ultra Sonja which was weird considering that no pollination went on at the time and the males were chopped at first site.

If you can get me a full plant pic i can give you a definitive answer on this. Even the third plant does look similar to the other 2 with just a very little variation in leaf size.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
here are two of them at day 61. The smells are telling me they are S1's. But one of them grows like a tall Bubba Kush. Very Indica. It is not pictured here.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

guest3854

Defiantly selfed, would be my assessment, inreply. Looks like some really nice flowers and would be happy to have 'em in my own gardens (based on looks, would have'ta toke em to make a final).

Steele

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
This is the mother that i kept out of the three S1's above. Its the one on the right in the picture with two plants directly above this one.

This is the largest gal i have ever flowered indoors. 3 month veg about. She is on day 5 of 12/12 and eating a lot! will likely get her own 1000W's after i spread her many legs. I'll keep this updated as she grows.

20 gallon smartpot, Pure Botanicare coco, GH

picture.php

picture.php

G

guest3854

Inreply, I'd love to hear yer thoughts on tha gal you selected. Potency, quality, taste, aromas and grow details...... Looks like you'll have a fat harvest just off her, alone; treating her nice.

Steele

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Inreply, I'd love to hear yer thoughts on tha gal you selected. Potency, quality, taste, aromas and grow details...... Looks like you'll have a fat harvest just off her, alone; treating her nice.

Steele

Glad to answer the questions. I took a nice puff on this pheno last night as i was walking the dogs. The taste is special. Very Garlicky with a sweet aftertaste that lingers for a while in the mouth. Has had a nice long cure and it has only improved. The smell is also very unique like all the mob boss i have sampled.
The high is body warming, relaxing. Really some peaceful weed. brings a contentment right from the get go. This all from just one puff. I like to keep the sampling to one hit and that way i have an even comparison point. I imagine it could be devastating if indulged in heavily.
I have a difficult time pinpointing the smells that come off the mob boss i have had the pleasure of experiencing. They are so damn unique. Sweet astringent garlic is the best i can do. They make you go back for more and are repulsive at the same time. :tiphat::thank you: steele.
i'll snap a photo later

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Here she is after a 3 month cure.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And after 3 1/2 weeks of blooming. This plant is a monster and at this point it is not possible to fit it into a photo. But I try...
picture.php

picture.php

Hoping for 10+ ounces off this girl, though she has had some nutrient issues and i have not grown her to her potential. I have 11 of her in veg at the moment, and they will be vegged a total of about 7 weeks before flowering. I have about nine more of these seeds and given the wide variation between the three flowered so far, i am very excited to see them express.

Steele you da man homie.:thank you:

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Day 40 Update

Day 40 Update

This gal is packing on some weight despite environmental and grower abuse. She is stinky garlic funk or something...
Is deficient and or lockedout but the dank genetics are pushing through.

She is a beast and has about 10 colas this size on her.
picture.php

picture.php

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Hello my friend,
I've been watching your fine grows with much interest.
really nice to see you've found a few killer keepers. looking at the large cola above, the BBW lady will no doubt give ya 10+ bags of chem garlic..real nice pics..thank you...stay well and grow strong!!

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
:respect:Every time I see this gear grown out it just reinforces that I am one sharp MoFo and know how to pick em. Thanks all for the shots and the work..

Latest posts

Latest posts