What's new

MMPR- meet the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapor

Veteran
cause spinach and kale dont have cbd and thc among other cannabanoids in acid form....
Beside spinach and kale are all over the garden too they are important parts of anyone's health.

growshopfrank

Veteran
Yup, I know this is a Canadian Forum

Have a few FN friends from back in the day who have spent some time in jail here in MB. They didn't get very good plea deals and can't afford Lawyers like Pinks...my friends learned their lessons and have since "grownup".

If they were scared when they are inside (truth be told after beers and some of herb), i'd rather not experience it being a visible minority (white)... They had friends or FOF inside..I wouldn't.

That is reality folks....

PPT = manditory minimums.... Pretty hard to justify even a 5 lighter as "personal"
I'd rather not take the chance.....

here is one for all the bright legal minds
after the permits go away
if you had a permit for say 40 plants
and get caught with 40 or less
can they call it trafficking if doc says that 40 plants are reasonable for your situation?
just a little food for thought

blastfrompast

Veteran
can they call it trafficking if doc says that 40 plants are reasonable for your situation?

I'm actually liking this angle, I'm thinking more of "I had 25 plants" now I have 4....

Still stay well within limits...

beanja

if doc wants to take time to go to court and say that. I doubt thats gonna happen ....

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I'm happy that he says things like this, but if he is in a position of leadership I'd like to see how committed he is. Lets hope for the best though...

You know the cannabis community has been doing just fine without Gov intervention imvho.. It will go on doing well without our very corrupt Gov official trying to get their greedy fingers in this pie. I would love to see our Gov do the right thing here but I have been around long enough to know that would NEVER happen. Our Gov is corrupt and unless they change this nothing will change for the good!!! Stay frosty Headband 707:biggrin:

Last edited:

growshopfrank

Veteran
if doc wants to take time to go to court and say that. I doubt thats gonna happen ....

guess i wasn't communicating this properly
not saying to have a doc as a expert witness
what im saying is that if a permit holder was to continue after the permits are discontinued at or below the numbers that were on their last permit the HC paperwork could perhaps be used to refute the crowns case for trafficking and the mandatory minimum penalty:biggrin:

FWIW I'm not advising anyone to break the law but if one were to find themselves in this situation they may want to discuss this with their lawyer but I do recommend that all permit holders to hang on to their documentation just in case

Strange analogy: I have a restricted firearms license - I can own a handgun; if the license gets revoked or canceled by the issuing body and the RCMP find a properly stored restricted firearm in my house - I'd be doing hard time. While the license is active you are good to go, after its done - its just a piece of useless paper (or plastic).

blastfrompast

Veteran
Strange analogy: I have a restricted firearms license - I can own a handgun; if the license gets revoked or canceled by the issuing body and the RCMP find a properly stored restricted firearm in my house - I'd be doing hard time. While the license is active you are good to go, after its done - its just a piece of useless paper (or plastic).

I was thinking more of convincing a jury of peers that since I am only growing 3 plants vs the 25 I had prior to 2014, I am just Self-medicating vs trafficking.

Restricted firearms analogy, lets say the cops were saying you were selling guns out of your home....but they only found the one handgun that was previously registered and stored properly....I call that resonable doubt on gun trafficing charges......Still got you for possession of a restricted firearm tho..

Me personally, all my guns are at the bottom of a lake...damn boating accident..LOL

Last edited:

growshopfrank

Veteran

but if one had documentation from a government agency no less of a legitimate need for said weapon...

I wasn't talking about selling guns, lol. I meant that once the license is expired/revoked I would no longer be able to legally own a restricted firearm. Regardless of whether its properly stored or loaded in between the couch cushions. Granted that proper storage would serve as a mitigating factor.
Perhaps and expired PPL could be considered a mitigating factor by the jury, but the crown could always argue that since the license is no longer valid, you are no longer allowed to conduct the activities that you were authorized to previously.
Like drivers licenses, if yours is expired/suspended/canceled you wont be able argue that you can drive now, since you were able before.
Speculating as always...

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am still rocking 5 plants at home. even with my cpl lol

med-man

blastfrompast

Veteran
Possession is one thing, Distribution...that is what you wanna avoid, this is just an angle perhaps that might lead to some reasonable doubt..

Green Supreme

Veteran
Blast I get yer point, if caught with weed {Any amount of product or plants
}they automatically go to trafficking. Not so with guns unless you have lots. Peace GS

growshopfrank

Veteran
now we are on the same page
the whole idea is to try to make prosecuting growers a legal quagmire for the courts
the harder it is to prosecute growers the less of a priority it will be for the police to bust grows
screw decriminalization we need legalization

GS, are you going to talk to your lawyer today? Would be nice to get another point of view on ground product vs. whole buds requirements. Maybe MM can pitch in since he has a CPL already, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts