What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MMPR- meet the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbag

Veteran
Dang, that sounds legit ! crazy new era in Cannabis R&D is dawning, whether we like it, or not...;)

bigbag

Veteran
they may be great at capital investments but can they grow pot ? maybe Eddie's Wholesale's old warehouse came with a bunch Sunshine Mix and Miracle Grow ;)

growshopfrank

Veteran
until LP's start giving MD's cases of free product and comped vacations and all those other perks that conventional pharma routinely doles out very few MD's are gonna write pot script

how many patients are going to shell out $500+ for some skype DR for a post MMR permit?

seems that potential investors are being led to think that the Canadian medical pot script is like the US med state version where doc's will write for anyone whose check will clear no real med exam required

you would have to be very gullible to have any faith in those pipe dream patient number projections IMHO

investors wanted LOL

Last edited:
seems that potential investors are being led to think that the Canadian medical pot script is like the US med state version where doc's will write for anyone whose check will clear no real med exam required

There is no difference. As oyu note, tare already doctor's becoming established to fill that niche. In states like California or Colorado, it's very common to pay a doctor 2, 3, 400 dollars for a prescription.

HealthCanada projects 50,000 script holders in the next year or so, I think it's safe to assume they expect the flood gates to open wide.

growshopfrank

Veteran
There is no difference. As oyu note, tare already doctor's becoming established to fill that niche. In states like California or Colorado, it's very common to pay a doctor 2, 3, 400 dollars for a prescription.

HealthCanada projects 50,000 script holders in the next year or so, I think it's safe to assume they expect the flood gates to open wide.

from your post I can safety assume that you have little or no experience with Canadian health care

I advise anyone who doubts my statements about physicians writing med pot script to visit their GP and ask

opiates no problem, pot no fucking way "what kind of doctor do you think I am" will be the attitude displayed

as far as health Canada's projections keep in mind that hc views the MMR program as a red headed stepchild that was forced upon them and it is in their best interests to have as many LP's signed up as possible so they are perhaps stretching the truth more than a little just to be free of the debacle that is the MMR program

unless there is some financial incentive for the doc's to write it isn't gonna happen end of story

Last edited:

Pangea

Veteran
Based on the ten year projection of 450K yearly medical documents, could be $45 million per year @ $100/medical document.

Frank has it right regular MDs are not gonna sign folks, mine happily wrote me a script for ativan , When I pulled out the peace naturals paperwork he freaked out and said the college is against doctors signing, might as well asked him for heroin.
So ya the existing hired gun doctors may sign if the price is right but what self respecting patient grower is gonna pay big bucks for the privilege of buying from the lp goons.
I bet a bunch of em are gonna sue the ass off health canada for false predictions on what kind of patient numbers .

B

Blused

Same thing here went to my family doc and he laughed at the peace natural project paperwork i had with me, he asked if he could keep them and check with the doctors college and he came back the next day and said "No Go". Been a year since my licence expired and could not get renewed again and the meds are down to the last of it, hope you all stash lots because its not a good feeling looking at empty jars.

bigbag

Veteran
don't know where you all live, but 'round these parts, there are more than a few pot friendly doc's, most of which use cannabis themselves ;)

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Enough stories like this one, and it sounds to me like possible grounds for a suit against the college of physicians and surgeons. Blused you should try to get something in writing from the Dr saying he was cautionned by the college not to sign the forms.

I can guarantee a whole host of clinics will end up filling the void, the numbers Pangea quotes are compelling. Obviously not all patients will need to resort to a marijuana clinic, but the resistance of doctors to sign forms will inevitably lead to their expansion into a host of markets to fill the void.

I know of a few groups already exploring the 'doctor's side' of the equation, big business doesn't fuck around when it comes to ensuring people will have access to their markets - don't be surprised when certain doctors start recommending certain LPs.

---
growshopfrank, the current system (mmpr) doesn't leave any space for "cases of product" to doctors from LP's that would be trafficking and of course illegal.

-Chimera

blastfrompast

Veteran
I saw a poster at the local growshop advertising "looking for any Dr." willing to sign, the guy has started a compassion club.

FYI, the Sask college and surgeons has stated that there cannot be a "handfull" of Dr's handing out scripts and the DR. who signs off MUST BE TREATING the person for the condition..

Based on this and a relative who is a GP....things are going to tighten down a bit...
Not sure about dr. shaw in bc...but MB, Sask are probably going to toe the line.

B

Blused

I am in Ontario and about ready to apply for a visa and head to Colorado, seriously

growshopfrank

Veteran
growshopfrank, the current system (mmpr) doesn't leave any space for "cases of product" to doctors from LP's that would be trafficking and of course illegal.

-Chimera[/QUOTE]

this is understood

I was just making a little humor about the ridiculousness of the proposed system and the business practices of pharmaceuticals in general

all of the physicians that i have spoke to (including a couple of childhood friends) say that there is a stigma among peers if it gets out that a particular doc is signing MM forms

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
I am in Ontario and about ready to apply for a visa and head to Colorado, seriously

lol go for it buddy...Canada doesn't need ya anyway

when people say things like this...it really makes all the stoner jokes TRUE

peace
Chefboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts