What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mmmmmm...donuts

oti$

Looking dank. Welcome back! Nice seed collection :)

Can't wait to see how those baked beans turn out under your watch...

Bradley, I'm going to be getting your gear going soon too, I've got a fuck ing huge stock pile of your shit and it's always been fire in the past...thanks for popping in...

oti$

how did it smoke? it looks like a keeper?

not everyone likes dank weed, enjoy and share with patients and stoners alike!:biggrin:

the Polynesian thin mints were tastey, but with all these cookies cuts I now and the extremely poor yield paired with the painfully slow veg I shit canned her, but I have a bunch more seeds...

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I know my thread don't get too much traffic, so I hope I can say this without stirring shit, but a respected member here(who i still respect a great deal) once said this(2.o) was b grade at best with no smell at week 7....well, everyone is entitled to thier opinion and personally, this plant has some of the best smells that I've grown to date. from what I've been told it's gets even crazier at week 10. I don't see how it could get better, but ima find out. shit smells like bubblegum cookie dough this week, yields are on point, stacks decent, don't stretch too bad, roots fast, veges faster than forum and thin mint. WINNER! thanks to the homie who passed her and thanks chunky for being generous enough to spread the love.

THIS! the 2.0 turned out really great for me..........

Subbed for this thread oti$ :tiphat:

oti$

gg#4 week7
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

oti$

heavy buds flopping all over the place, a couple snapped branches here and there. I'd like to try to grow a few more plants with a bit less veg time. they get harder to manage the taller they get. it also doesn't help that I'm a strain where and want to grow 10-20 different varieties simultaneously....
picture.php

oti$

hopefully I can actually pull off a decent grow in the gavita room. I've turned off the pumps and started hand watering and will continue to hand water through bloom because I've been fucked twice by the irrigation in this room and would like a grow to actually pull off a good grow in this room and have it actually earn some $. they look a little tired bc it's lights out and bc it's been colder than a witches tit 'round here. as soon as I walk in and see everyone's leaves praying, I'm going to flip this one. btw, this room is mostly the csi Humboldt stuff on its second run
picture.php

...I love watching cuttings take root then take off in thier beer cups with no lag...
picture.php

Miraculous Meds

Bummer on the watering. what happened? I see u have what looks like a heater in there. I hated use electricity for a heater. I rigged up my light schedules to be on opposite times to equal out heat n humidity. Might be worth a shot if it fits in ur program.

Have u got ur 5 year strain whore anonymous badge yet? I have a goal to focus on 4 strains in production. the rest get there time in the pheno hunting chamber.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I feel you on that witches tit comment. Seems like my thermostat been kicking the heater on every 15 minutes lately. Not looking forward to the bill. It hardly ever snows where I'm at but its been letting loose this year. You been getting any unusual weather patterns this year too?

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i,ll send some up , got fucking heat wave every other week , to the point i had to google the actually technical term , 4 deg above norm yearly temperature for that time year . 38-40 deg c here all week , drops for week then back at it .

she,s all yours send me addy

oti$

Bummer on the watering. what happened? I see u have what looks like a heater in there. I hated use electricity for a heater. I rigged up my light schedules to be on opposite times to equal out heat n humidity. Might be worth a shot if it fits in ur program.

Have u got ur 5 year strain whore anonymous badge yet? I have a goal to focus on 4 strains in production. the rest get there time in the pheno hunting chamber.

in that little gavita room I had a brand new pump fail and bc I had a 100 gal bulk res feeding a 60 gal pump res+/- 1/3 full it was lasting 8-10 days before needing a refill. I mistakenly got too comfortable too quick as things were going smooth up until the point of the pump failure. I had not been to this grow for four days when I came to find a sea of plants burnt to a crisp@ week 6 of flower. brand new eco-plus 3600gph pump.....total loss...maiden voyage for this room and house.
....round two. new pump. things seemed to be good at first when I was only feeding 1x per day and even 2x per day things were still ok, but as the plants needed more feeds per day the more difficult it became to keep everything happy. I had ball valves under each octabubbler thinking I could dial flow with them, but the 2 octabubblers furthest from the res were watering waaay more than the two closest to the rest leaving either the furthest way too wet and the closest ok or the furthest ok and the closest way too dry. I harvested everything, but it was a very light harvest of poor quality. so I'm redesigning the irrigation...I'm on the fence about how. it's either going to be ppk or blumats. I loved my blumats and miss them the most of all the equipment that Johnny relieved me of when he weaseled his way in to one of my spots a couple years back. so, long story short, it's hand watering and daily visits until I get this place to make some money. I planned on being able to move flower out of this small room and into a bigger space in this basement and use this room for veg by now, but have not recouped the $ spent on equipment much less buy anything new....I've barely kept the place lit and payed bills with the lack of production.

...the space heater...I had the room exchanging air 2+x a minute with the house keeping things in range up until it got super cold. I found that the freezing cold outside air was being drawn in from a window behind a reflectix wall/ flap that is hiding the res room. I put the exhaust on a timer and it now only kicks on every hour for a few minutes to get some fresh air in without freezing it out. I need to cover the wall and window with that Styrofoam type stuff to cover the window and help insulate the room from the outside. something that needs to be done before flip.

...strain whore anon...yes, proudly wearing my badge...the glue and wifi 43 are both good producers and good quality and I should be monocropping both and maybe, if things go well, the gavita room will be monocropped with one of the two new to run. the 2.o is shaping up to look like keeper/ production material. for head stash I've fallen in love with both thin mint as well as an old family purple that I've selected from csi Humboldt seeds....and that's five already and I just popped a shit load of seeds this week, so it's tough for a strain whore. I always have e several plants that I want to give a 2nd,3rd,4th run and just seeds I want to try, so ya...I have not found that monocrop strain that will replace my beloved selected wifi also lost in the bust mentioned earlier. I'm hoping to one day find something to replace her...

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
All that talk about pump failure and plant feeding time trouble is just making me want to run sub irrigated planters in the future more and more. I just got my first 5 gallon sip made. You ever tried one?

Attachments

• Self-watering-container.jpg
    Self-watering-container.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 9

oti$

part of the ppk system is kind of sub irrigation, I haven't grown with sub irrigation alone as the ppk also included a recirculating drip irrigation. the redundancy is one of many genius components of the system. if one part fails, there is another thing keeping the plant alive. it took a couple years of popping in and out of the ppk threads before it made sense, but it was almost like an epiphany once it clicked. if you haven't yet, check out any ppk thread by delta9sx. his grows are amazing and the threads a wealth of knowledge.

Miraculous Meds

Sorry bout the pump failure bro. I like to check daily for that n other mechanical failures like temp control etc... I had a room get to 0 degrees Fahrenheit when there was a thermostat failure.

Let me know if u have any ppk questions. That's basically what i do with coir.

oti$

I had some awesome ppk grows under my previous account. I always did them with 50/50 coco/clay pebbles with great success. when I build the next one I think I'll take the plunge into turface. I just need to get some things cleared from my already over filled plate to get to it.