What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MMJ's Strawberry Amnesia Medical Bushes

MMJcali

(POST 1 of 2)

And here we are at day 60!!

I started flush on the Tahoe OG, cut back nutes on the other three to about 600ppm. Going to cut back even more in about 5 days to around 400ppm, then flush once I start seeing amber with DI water for 4 days.

Here are the three phenos all together, #3 on the left and 1&2 on the right. Buds are getting so heavy I had to tie string to keep them up. This is my first grow with this specific room and system so I had a lot to dial in, now I know for sure I need to set up a SCROG screen next go around. I have around 6 tops each plant, but #3 is so dense and heavy 3 of the 6 tops are dragging haha -

heres #1 on the right and #2 on the left:

#1 favors the Amnesia Haze mother, very fluffy (but not small) leafy sativa buds. It's way behind the other as far as maturation goes. Pistils are still all white. I estimate at least 3 more weeks:

#2 favors the Strawberry Cough mother. Smells the best of the three, so sweet and fruity. Mostly berry smell. The buds are also dome shaped, but not necessarily as dense as an indica like Kush, theres a good amount of squeeze to them. Nevertheless covered in resin. Pistils are 80% turned, resin heads still no amber. Kind of reminds me of shishkaberry:

MORE TO COME....

Attachments

• All.jpg
    All.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 1&2.jpg
    1&2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 13
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 14

MMJcali

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS (post 2 of 2)

#3 is a beast of a plant:

It's covered in resin, at least double the resin of #1 and probably 25% more than #2. The nugs are dense as heck, they dont look big but I'm guessing they weigh as much as the massive buds from #2:

Smells have developed from tangerine peel to deep grapefruit. It reminds me of the sweet sweet SweetTooth... I'm expecting some nice bubble from the trim here.

Heres the hempy tahoe. Hempy has exceeded my expectations. Obviously not as vigorous as the DWC but took virtually NO WORK. those res changes get to be a real B with DWC.... it's making me consider a change... but ONLY consider haha.

Up close and stinky:

I'm excited for harvest! A lot of people hate trimming but I love it. Nothing like getting close with what you've been nurturing for 70 days. I'm more excited to try all three and post the reports haha.

Stay tuned!!

Attachments

• 3 far.jpg
    3 far.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 3 2.jpg
    3 2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 13
  • TOG.jpg
    TOG.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 10
  • TOG close.jpg
    TOG close.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 8

MMJcali

quick update, day 68 from flip (and probably 61 from first hairs) saw my first glint of amber from bud trichomes on pheno #3. Started my DI water flush on it, going to harvest it probably monday or tuesday. #2 has leaf trichomes turning amber but none on the bud yet. leaves starting to turn beautiful autumn shades of purple though. Guessing will start that flush on saturday or sunday. And #1 is lagging way way behind. hairs are still 80% white... im guessing three weeks. it's flowers are also not that crystally. Probably not going to run that one again! (final decision will be made after sampling of course)

MMJcali

Coming at you after all of the plants have been harvested! Here's the rundown:

Pheno 1: 15 week sativa (!). I chopped her at week 15 but could have gone a week or two longer. I had some plants that were crowding my veg room though so I had to make the decision. Buds are fluffy, when dried they look like a pretty thai stick. Lemony berry smell, small but plentiful trichomes.

I appreciate them, but a lot of my patients are turned off by the appearance. Out in LA if it doesnt look like an indica (rock hard nugs) and beaten the shit out of by commercial trimming machines then most people think its shit. Oh well, more for me - I'm a sativa lover anyway!

Pheno 2: 10 week indica hybrid. Buds are dense but not rock hard. Smell is out of this world! been curing for three weeks now and when I open the jars it smells like strawberry ice cream. (no additives or enhancers, not even molasses). Lots of large trichomes. My female patients love this one, mostly for the smell. High is a little lame, just sit on your ass indica type high. Nothing special. But hey it sells.

Pheno 3: 10 week Sativa hybrid and my favorite so far. Buds are on the airy side but I feel like I can harden them up by adding a SCROG screen and dialing down the nutes a bit (lesson learned). High is amazing, instant head rush but calming, muscles very relaxed. A bit like Blue Dream with more energy. I made bubble from the trim and it smells like tangerine peels, very nice. The buds themselves havent developed a unique smell yet but I'm gonna give it a few more weeks before I judge.

My sativa loving patients are enjoying pheno #3. It's more dense than #1 so it looks semi attractive to them, and it is covered in trichomes so it looks super frosty. And once they put it in their pipe they are back for more :)

Will post a new thread with pics and smoke reports of the three dried buds and the resulting hash.

As mentioned before the things I learned from this first run in my small room: 1) I need scrog nets to support the buds and maintain even canopy 2) That will allow me to lower the light closer to the buds and 3) feed pheno #3 less. I probably wont run #1 again which is sad, but if nobody wants it what can I do. I have about 12oz to myself which should last a while.

For the people who stopped by, thanks a bunch and I hope to see y'all in my next journal!

-MMJ

Last edited:

MMJcali

I have to add as well:

This was the first time I've run feminized seeds, I had no idea the plants were going to be this diverse. I literally covered all ends of the spectrum with these three plants. I know SC is an indica and AH is a sativa and when you breed two extremes you get a lot of variation, and maybe combine the fact that theyre feminized... but something seems off. I've been hearing a lot of rumors about Dinafem not doing their own breeding and just repackaging from other breeders, just makes me wonder. The tangerine peel pheno (#3) is amazing but its not what I think of when i hear someone say 'strawberry amnesia'.

Maybe I'll rebrand them and give them my own names :p thats what they do on the east coast anyway. off track: back in the day one guy tried selling me underdeveloped buds and said it was "top shelf medical, strain called Yellow Hair". I had to explain to him that the yellow hairs were actually just unripe pistils haha. I took a rip with him to test it out and man that was the most paranoid and confused ive ever felt from bud. He understood after that.

Last edited: