What's new

MMJ Patients cant buy or own guns.

mrcreosote

Veteran
I don't know what you are referring to, but since the NRA was founded in 1871 I find it difficult to believe that you saw a speech by one of the founders saying that.

Really old speech?
icon10.gif
9Dd0ZISVEB8yjQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I don't know what you are referring to, but since the NRA was founded in 1871 I find it difficult to believe that you saw a speech by one of the founders saying that.

Is it really so hard to believe that immortals live amongst us?:laughing::moon:

I don't own a firearm, but I exercise my right to bear arms every day by carrying Wakazashi ( Japanese short sword) in the center console of my car.

It's my road rage weapon of choice!

Here's why;

GUN;
If I piss someone off, and they have a gun,.... they will be putting their second clip into my lifeless corpse before I could get to a properly stored gun in accordance to local regulations. (see how having a gun doesn't help me more than a large knife?)

If someone pisses ME off and I've got a gun,... I'm going down for manslaughter.

SWORD;
If I piss someone off, and they force me off the road and get out with a bat, or crowbar,.... I'll answer with a sword............... :eek: Shock factor, odds are they are gonna just get back in their car and drive away,....
If not, well I actually know how to use a sword in combat, I'm GOING to win!..... then get arrested for manslaughter :eek::

Once again, if someone pisses ME off,... most I can do with a sword is wave it out the F'n window, worst case someone takes my license plate # and I get bagged for menacing. :blowbubbles:

Either way with a sword, I live (most likely), and for the most part stay the fuck out of jail! :tiphat: :dance013:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
When I seen a speech given by one of the founders of the NRA saying that citizens should only have guns that are a single shot and high capacity magazines are for Goverment/Law enforcement only I knew they were a sham.

ummm rink prease?

your post rack diciprine..

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I used to belong to the NRA. Not any more. I got sick of the dinner time calls trying to sell me junk Chinese made scopes or making me listen to another message from Wayne telling me another Chicken Little gun grabber story in order to get me to fork over more money.
My State organization does more for the gun owners here than the NRA ever did or ever will.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^I wrote the NRA a letter and they did not give a shit. In fact, they agreed with the federal government. wtf eh.

Oh well eventually the message of all these protest going on will get the point across, and the reefer madness crowd will die off. The broken corporatism will be voted out due to the government becoming so inefficient that even the dumbest person will see the corruption. At a certain point when the economy does not recover and the big issues are not addressed the people will not vote for the two parties that have failed multiple times in a row.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
rocky mtn gun show this weekend i may just go buy few assualt rifels n few thousand rounds of ammo !!!

SKS 150$
1,000 rounds 7.62x39 ammo 100$

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hey fellow Americans ;)

I don't really understand the need of some of you to own a gun... It's maybe a european point of you though, it's not like our neighbours are allowed to carry them so why would we ?...
But also I ve read this AmericanStudy that shows that carrying a gun will increase by four times the chance to get shot at or killed, and that US is the industralised country that has the highest rate of firearms related homicides... Maybe a sign it is time to review the weapons policy ?

While I do agree that MJ patients should have the same right as others, I am not sure I would agree with all the other restricted substances users being allowed to own a gun, assuming some of these substances are used to treat severe mental diseases.... So the problem would be MJ treated the same as others heavy drugs, well kind of a long time issue !

We need more peace, more love, more rights in this world, and more weed of course. But not more guns nor gunshots... Isn't it ?

++

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
We need more peace, more love, more rights in this world, and more weed of course. But not more guns nor gunshots... Isn't it ?

++

While you sate your opinion that we need more rights, you question my right to own a weapon? That's cool and I can respect your opinion but respect mine to disagree with you. It's a personal choice. And not a choice everyone is comfortable with. As far as my weapons go, I find it easier and less messy to shoot an intruder than to bash his head in with a bat.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
militarization of the police force has been under way for some time, the second amendment did not stop or slow that in any way...
when the balance tips in their favor, there will be no way to stop the inevitable.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Hey fellow Americans ;)

I don't really understand the need of some of you to own a gun... It's maybe a european point of you though, it's not like our neighbours are allowed to carry them so why would we ?...
But also I ve read this AmericanStudy that shows that carrying a gun will increase by four times the chance to get shot at or killed, and that US is the industralised country that has the highest rate of firearms related homicides... Maybe a sign it is time to review the weapons policy ?

That's some serious selective reasoning going on there. More guns = more gun deaths. No shit, really? Now, what about NON-gun related violent deaths? Is the US top there too? NO! It's disarmed countries like England with much higher murder rates, per capita. Why? Because more knives = more knife deaths of people that can't defend themselves because they don't have a gun to use escalating force as a deterrent. Your stats, while possibly accurate, are very tilted and reek of typical anti-gun propaganda.

You mean more rights, as long as you approve of what those rights are. You can't have it both ways. Btw, humans generally are primitive, ignorant animals that don't have much love or peace in them and this has been proven throughout history. See how far "But I love you man!" gets you when someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
'But also I've read this AmericanStudy that shows that carrying a gun will increase by four times the chance to get shot at or killed, and that US is the industrialized country that has the highest rate of firearms related homicides... Maybe a sign it is time to review the weapons policy ?'

Titoon, that study is a bit biased imo. Philadelphia is a war zone pretty much, meaning gangs running the city streets. I would guess most of those shot were gang members with a gun illegally in their waistbands. I do not think carrying a pistol is even legal there, but anyways. They usually pull their guns on the victim before he has a chance to react, and if they did they are already getting shot by then. Drive by shootings are the same, an execution.

The 'homicides' in the US, typically include suicide. That is a shitload of the deaths like a third. I am not happy if someone shoots themselves, but I think suicide should be a legal option for some, but whatever.

But yes, if guns were outlawed here there would be much fewer murders no doubt about it. Countries with few or no firearms for civilian ownership are much more likely to be taken over by dictators, oligarchy etc. whose killings make what happens here seem mild. When you cannot legally shoot or seriously jack up someone attacking you even in your home for fear of legal action , something is lost which cannot be explained in statistics. England is there and parts of US are there already.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
This morning the paper said that in about 5 states they were giving back certain felons the right to have guns again. I guess the feds gave that decision over to the states. And yet people with a MMJ card aren't allowed to own guns? Wow what a country. LOL. Story originally from NY times and I read it in Denver Post, Monday Nov. 14, 2011

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Hey fellow Americans ;)

While I do agree that MJ patients should have the same right as others, I am not sure I would agree with all the other restricted substances users being allowed to own a gun, assuming some of these substances are used to treat severe mental diseases.... So the problem would be MJ treated the same as others heavy drugs, well kind of a long time issue !

++

The problem with that...is that criminals will then be the only ones armed--

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
The problem with that...is that criminals will then be the only ones armed--
And since most of us here are criminals already... Look you all can do what you want..it's your choice and I respect that. I'll show up to a knife fight with, well something better. Nobody needs what I have more than I do

Mr Pengra

Lol, what about all of the cardholders who already have their guns? I'd like to see the ATF try to take guns away from some of the people I know.
Let me tell you, there will be a huge news story about a shootout, a dead medical patient clutching his shotty and luger and 3 or 4 ATF agents shot dead outside his house.