What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MMJ Patients cant buy or own guns.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I live in a medical state but won't get a card. Not having my name on any lists I can avoid.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
As far as I can determine the NRA is pro guns and the 2nd amendment rights. At no time have I ever heard La Pierre say any thing positive about mj. They will sid with the gov cause they will think it will make them take less heat on any future gun issues. They're paranoid about Obama not trying to do any gun regs. So everyone will be lulled to sleep and he'll come for them next term. Gimme a break.

B

BrnCow

this country is fucked, but i've known that for a while :cry:

The country is just like it was 30 years ago except for a ton more people and environmental damage. The politicians and their minions are what is fucked. I say vote with logic instead of listening to liars and party bullshit! They are slowly dividing us into categories and picking us clean because we are in small bunches and cannot watch each others backs while we sleep, work, and play.It is too bad that these greedy power mongers have been allowed to declare war on US citizens. They should have met their fate on nation television by being hung at the Whitehouse. But their dividing stratagem worked and they convinced the straight people that a war on drugs and other countries was the right thing to do. Now all we can do is vote the bastards out of office and hope they all fucking die soon. Anything else a person would do to these thieving traitors might get a person labeled a "terrorist" and an end game prison sentence or death. So, if you vote for their politicians, you have just aided the real terrorist. Maybe a vote for Paul or Johnson might stop it...maybe not...:cathug:

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm NRA

I'm NRA

Bet the NRA sides with the government. It's about smoking the devils weed as far as both of them are concerned.
Pearl why, or what, makes you say that? This is a very disturbing developement and hearing someone like you say this ^ ^ even more so for me. I am NRA life member and I really don't think they would take sides at all. They have stood up against the toughest of issues, right in the face of goverment, and I hope will on this issue as well. I'm writng them as soon as I'm done here, Baron thanks for posting..DD

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My guess is as long as Cannabis stays a schedule 1 drug that the NRA will side with the government. I dont see this as all bad ... just might end up being the catalyst that gets Cannabis rescheduled.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
I don't remember the NRA ever backing down to the government in my lifetime... just sayin...

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Rights, Can not be taken away.. they can only be Given up..Privliges can be taken...I chose to Keep my Rights. and except No privlige..

M

mugenbao

this obama feller must be tryin to bring back racism, sure seems to piss off alot of people with no real reason
So that makes you mad at all black folks or something? Very odd comment to make, in my opinion. Not likely to "bring back racism" except for those who are already racist. Just sayin'

---------------

MMJ patients in Washington have already been denied the right to own firearms, after the Sheriff's office proclaimed that medical marijuana creates a "presumption of illegal activity". Nice, huh?

I was talking to a guy about a year ago that had this happen to him when he attempted to buy another firearm after a home invasion where he was shot (he also shot one of the intruders). I haven't followed the story since then so I don't know if he was eventually successful, but it should never have happened in the first place. I know it wasn't an isolated incident, either.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Pearl why, or what, makes you say that? This is a very disturbing developement and hearing someone like you say this ^ ^ even more so for me. I am NRA life member and I really don't think they would take sides at all. They have stood up against the toughest of issues, right in the face of goverment, and I hope will on this issue as well. I'm writng them as soon as I'm done here, Baron thanks for posting..DD

Ill do ya one better. The NRA will not touch this issue with a 10 foot pole. They won't want to be seen as defending "drug use" to the bulk of their membership, 50+ year old religious white men. The NRA is a compromise lobby and their compromise this time will be to ignore the issue entirely.

ozman

Makes you wonder if this passes if they would make all new gun purchasers do a piss test ,to make sure you are telling the truth on your application.

I

Iron_Lion

Fucking disgusting and just one more reason to hate that mother f#cker.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The local prosecuting attorney said he won't prosecute any rip offs here and now we can't have guns to defend ourselves, makes sense to me. Just the government doing it's only real job, protecting the people.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I let my card expire. I dont know if I will renew it. I have legal drugs here that are 1000x more potant then cannabis. Im small time and im permantly dissabled. If they want to waste money prosecuting me where all in big trouble.

T

THE TROOPER

let me get this straight.......the fuckin ATF will give mexican drug cartel members automatic weapons paid for with my and your tax money but i can't buy anymore guns and must get rid of mine because i'm a MM PATIENT!
this shit is getting out of hand quick and this adminasstration is F U B A R !

TT :tiphat:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
who said tax dollars paid for those automatic weapons funneled to the cartel by the ATF in some loose operation? those were purchased by the cartels through strawmen, the ATF just let them go so they could track them.
lets keep the static down, these threads don't usually last long.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
I hate to chime in without reading the whole thread, but damn my blood is boiling right now!

Once again the federal government shows its rogue status by punishing people who excercise their rights afforded them by thier neighbors. State's rights are a punchline, not a constitution :badday:

It scares me to see this happening. You can only bend so much. Scary thing is, the more something can bend, the worse the backlash when the restraints are broken.

We are so close to the edge right now...

What happens when the fed says yes, and someone says no, and more people come out to defend the no than are there to enforce the yes?