What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MKOB Kush aka kush mkob

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
me too!im the guy thst contacted you on your site bradley

Not the only lol

I back crossed the macob one time and killed off the parents last year. I have been testing the macob bx1 this year and it tested out great. I'm gonna release some packs near christmas and then it might be a bit until the next drop. I'm gonna do a decent sized preservation project of the macob kush so hopefully it will be stocked up for a while after that. The jagerschnitzel is a macob cross and has lots of macob phenos. Those seeds should be in stock for a while. The initial jagerschnitzel backcross bx1 was made using the macob kush f2 male so there is lots of macob buds with added purple buds and jager terps :D.

Macob kush
picture.php

Jagerschnitzel bx1
picture.php

Jagerschnitzel bx2
picture.php

Schnitzel bx1 in test field
picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

Looking killer PDXdopedmoker!!! Those nugs are fat, frosty, and beautiful :D. I cant wait to test some of that it sure loves your environment. Those nugs look primo... yeah I'll have a limited supply of macob kush available on my site at the beginning of the year. I'm gonna be mostly releasing my jagerschnitzel cross with more macob kush to follow.

Thanks, seems like mine all came out even better than last year's. I tried some of the freshly trimmed bud in my vaporizer and it really is as strong, resinous & flavorful as the pictures suggest. Looks like yours all frosted up nicely as well, those purple Schnitzels are very attractive.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
From here on out I'm going to refer to the macob phenos of jagerschnitzel as Chacob. A seed tester of mine grew out a Chacob pheno really nice. Check out the harvest shots.

Chacob
picture.php

Chacob
picture.php

Chacob
picture.php

Macob kush bx1:
picture.php

Jagerschnitzel pheno or possibly 50/50 pheno:
picture.php

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Looking good! Can’t wait for this drop

Yeah I'm noticing lots of keepers with some tasty flavors to explore :biggrin:

That big, round, red one looks great. Whats in the story with the Macob BX1? Macob x (G13 x Macob) or something else?

Macob bx1 is (Macob kush f2 male x Macob kush f1 female). The female was my vixen. She looked and grew exactly like Mickey kush with sativa structure and a fast flowering time with the added flavor of Obama kush. That's exactly what I was looking for because Obama adds a unique grape terp profile that adds to the entourage effect of the smoke. It taste better and gets you a heavier stone than the Mickey kush alone.

I chose a vigerous male with Mickey kush structure that showed photoperiod sensitivity to make the backcross. There are lots of fun expressions to be found. Some recessive Obama structure types show up sometimes but they are fun too. I like the line where it is and want to preserve it for others to explore and enjoy. It could be stabilized and or improved for certain traits if someone wanted to do that too.

I was wondering what kind of fertilizer you use on your macob outdoor this year?

PDX Dopesmoker

I just use good dirt with eggshells in it, it was mostly just last years dirt I guess. I'm pretty ignorant about most soil issue stuff in the conventional sense, so I take a kind of hands off approach with those issues because I've seen clowns kill their precious plants with overly nutritious soil before and I don't want to be that guy. If I added anything to the plants nutritionally it was probably via all the stuff I sprayed on them in veg, but that was mostly to keep pests off. I also sprayed on the supplemental calcium spray I use on my tomatoes a couple times because I was already spraying the tomatoes and the pot plants were right there so why not and I sprayed sulphur a few times to hassle russet mites. I'm pretty sure sulphur is a nutrient, right? Growing in a CO2 enriched environment is a big help too, probably. Also I grew peas on my roof in the spring and some of the dirt I grew the pot plants in had peas in it beforehand.

PDX Dopesmoker

Yeah I'm noticing lots of keepers with some tasty flavors to explore :biggrin:

Macob bx1 is (Macob kush f2 male x Macob kush f1 female). The female was my vixen. She looked and grew exactly like Mickey kush with sativa structure and a fast flowering time with the added flavor of Obama kush. That's exactly what I was looking for because Obama adds a unique grape terp profile that adds to the entourage effect of the smoke. It taste better and gets you a heavier stone than the Mickey kush alone.

I chose a vigerous male with Mickey kush structure that showed photoperiod sensitivity to make the backcross. There are lots of fun expressions to be found. Some recessive Obama structure types show up sometimes but they are fun too. I like the line where it is and want to preserve it for others to explore and enjoy. It could be stabilized and or improved for certain traits if someone wanted to do that too.

I was wondering what kind of fertilizer you use on your macob outdoor this year?

Thats interesting how you've mixed different generations to make that Macob bx1. Did that BX1 come out like you wanted it to? Similar to the mother sounds like what you were looking for.
All 7 of My Macob #7 x Macob #7 females that I made from the Macob #7 seeds you gave me were nearly identical. One had less spear shaped buds, but other than that the color, odor, stretch, flowering start and finishing time, thick coating of trichomes, pest resistance, etc. were all very similar. They all have that grape terp in spades and a lot of cedar along with it.
Here are some trimmed bud pics
hRI600e.jpg

9OQNKtO.jpg

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Thats interesting how you've mixed different generations to make that Macob bx1. Did that BX1 come out like you wanted it to? Similar to the mother sounds like what you were looking for.
All 7 of My Macob #7 x Macob #7 females that I made from the Macob #7 seeds you gave me were nearly identical. One had less spear shaped buds, but other than that the color, odor, stretch, flowering start and finishing time, thick coating of trichomes, pest resistance, etc. were all very similar. They all have that grape terp in spades and a lot of cedar along with it.
View Image
View Image

Yeah the bx1 was legit especially since the male was a beast with a lot of vigor. That is the same male I bxed the jagerschnitzel too in its bx1. Lots of vigorous Mickey kush sativa structure phenos just like I was hoping for. Some phenos have better Terps than others. I like those spicey grapey terp phenos better than the subtle or fruitier phenos. Either way it's good smoke. Which phenos do you prefer? Those pics make me wanna puff some!!

PDX Dopesmoker

Yeah the bx1 was legit especially since the male was a beast with a lot of vigor. That is the same male I bxed the jagerschnitzel too in its bx1. Lots of vigorous Mickey kush sativa structure phenos just like I was hoping for. Some phenos have better Terps than others. I like those spicey grapey terp phenos better than the subtle or fruitier phenos. Either way it's good smoke. Which phenos do you prefer? Those pics make me wanna puff some!!

I don't know which ones I like best yet, mine were all so similar that it might not be immediately discernible which one is the best. I'll have to study the question for a while. Its crazy strong bud in a vaporizer, holds it's flavor forever too, but its probably still too green to smoke.

Happy Times

View Image
View Image

Looking great there!

Grape flavs? Love it