What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MJ Legalization? A White House Rebuttal, Finally

Mr. Stinky

haha thats the best description of beck ive ever read!!:jump:

i used to listen daily, but over the last year or so, he has gotten so crazy, i cant watch him anymore. i wish he would get back to the factual stuff, and less of the great conspiracy crap. obama isnt a wolf in sheeps clothing, he's just a fuckin wolf...same as the last wolf, and the one before him.
im afraid when his ratings start sliding, he will go more conservative instead of toward his libertarian base. we already have 1 rush, and thats plenty. more than enough, really

It will take clear-thinking parents, teachers, local officials, faith leaders, and law enforcement officers to convincingly articulate why the march to legalization must be continued. They can, if they use the kinds of reasonable and fact-based arguments that the nation’s majority population, (including most doctors and scientists) have just laid out.

sounds about right.

robbiedublu

I had some hope when Obama first got elected but that was quickly squashed. Nothing's gonna change. As soon as we have a republican pres again the raids will start all over and the way things are looking now Obama is gonna be a one termer.

nt1789

Just typical drug war rhetoric. The drug czar says marijuana is harmful, but doesn't state how or why it is harmful. Then proceeds to point to all the many studies that show how marijuana is harmful, without even naming them. There are far more studies that use science which show the benefits of cannabis. I don't see the drug czar naming these studies. But it's all about science right? Yea sure whatever. It's not about science, it is about prohibitionist ideology that the drug warriors wish to cling to. Not to mention the big business of the arrest and prosecution / private prison industry. Then we get the comparisons to alcohol and tobacco, and the social cost of those drugs. How is cannabis like alcohol and tobacco? Everyone with half a brain knows that alcohol and tobacco are more dangerous, but we don't go arresting and persecuting individuals who use those substances. I'm not voting for Obama. He says one thing and then does another, typical politician, go figure. Only candidate worth a darn is Ron Paul.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Glen Beck is a schizo, He took meds for it for years. When he was a DJ in Washington state he used to talk about how his meds made him feel like he was wrapped in a wet blanket. He is a whack job. no doubt. I never listen to him or any of the other right wingers. :blowbubbles:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
More than 30 percent of people who are 18 and over and who used marijuana in the past year are either dependent on the drug or abuse it – that is, they use it repeatedly under hazardous conditions or are imparied when they’re supposed to be interacting with others, such as at work. This is according to a 2004 study in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
Again... this study does not take into account the individuals that should have been using it medically already and says nothing of the strains used. (Look it up)

Pot is also associated with poor motor skills, cognitive impairment (i.e., affecting the ability to think, reason, and process information), and respiratory and mental illness.
Yeah... because people believe bullshit and aren't aware of the differences between indicas and sativas. How could they, with prohibition still on?

The recent “Pentagon shooter,” John Patrick Bedell, was a heavy marijuana user. The disturbed young man’s psychiatrist told the Associated Press that marijuana made the symptoms of his mental illness more pronounced. Mr. Bedell’s brother, Jeffrey, told The Washington Post that marijuana made his brother’s thinking “more disordered” and that he had implored him to stop smoking pot, to no avail.
Gee.... maybe if his doctor had been able to recommend a strain that DIDN'T make is symptoms worse... things would have been different. His doctor doesn't know anything about strain differences though. How could he with prohibition still on?

Kerlikowske also effectively knocked down the argument that regulating and taxing marijuana is a great way for states to make money in these deficit-dreary times. Indeed, NORML, the lead group in the legalization movement, is set to launch a digital ad campaign in Manhattan’s Times Square next week: “Money CAN grow on trees!”

It’s a claim that’s too good to be true, just as the exclamation point implies. Look at the nation’s experience with regulated alcohol. America collects nearly $15 billion a year in federal and state taxes from alcohol. But Kerlikowske says that covers less than 10 percent of the “social costs” related to healthcare, lost productivity, and law enforcement. And what about lost lives? Let’s not add marijuana to the mix of regulated substances.

“The costs of legalizing marijuana would outweigh any possible tax that could be levied,” Kerlikowske explains. In the United States, illegal drugs already cost an estimated $180 billion annually in social costs, according to the Office of National Drug Control Policy. That number would increase as marijuana became more widely and easily available.
Total and complete bullshit.
The savings in the healthcare industry alone would be MASSIVE. The explosion of hemp related industries, waxes, oils, meds, fibers, clothing, products of all kinds would put the American profit... back into America. No.. it won't change things overnight... but hell.... this damage has been going on for almost a hundred years now!

I'm not going to cover the rest of this crap response... it's just disgusting. More lies... More B.S. More statements by indoctrinated puppets.

Educate Yourself! Then Educate Your Neighbor!

Stay Safe! :tree: :blowbubbles:

DankSide

So when can we start the public debate?
I'm ready

Its not hard to see we need to legalize and regulate. We need to keep sales dispensary based (no buying joints at gas stations) and to an age cap.
We need to take marijuana away from a black market that sells other drugs which DO kill.

We need new opportunities to start businesses across the country -
we need to carry the spirit of entrepreneurship and hard work in this new age the people are willing.

Its both for the PEOPLE and for the BUSINESS OWNERS.
Democrats and Republicans should be joined in unanimous support.
I don't understand :dunno:

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Oh yes... marijuana makes you dumb.... probably can't compete as well with those that are merely drunks..

Studies have shown that pot smokers are MUCH BETTER OFF... spending a few years in prison and having thier assest confiscated... plus we can hire a few more people off the streets and give em jobs as jailers... the ones that would normally have ended up in prison anyway for violence or some such.... we can put these asshole types in charge of these stupid stoners.... The RAND corp has discovered..

Yes... Alcohol costs the states billions... . Pot will cost them trillions.... not to mention all or you Jesus loving... Muslim killing Christians.. won't have to worry about little Johnny wanting to try a weed.. that the Devil has stratigically placed for him.. to turn him into some kind of liberal passificst.. caring about those that should be killed... praise jesus!

Now that we have our talking points... we can rest assured our views will prevail.... we just need a few more cops with the power to search and seize... a few more prisons with those too mentally unstable to work in the general public, taking care of the vile scum smoke slurrping dopers... and many many more prisons... and America will FINALLY BE>> THE LAND OF THE FREE..

FUCK YOU OBOMB.... BUT YOU NEVER FOOLED ME ANYWAYS...... THANKFULLY I WOKE UP...

OH.... there are plenty of "studies" out there showing EXPLOSIVES were used to take down the twin towers. PEER REVIEWED AND UNCHALLENGED AS OF YET... perhaps you can add those to your studies arsenal of facts to spew to the public.. hahahha

Bergerbuddy= A life long Democrat... who finally figured out.. THERE AINT NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A REPUB & A DEM... THEY BOTH WORK FOR THE SAME SCUMBAGS AT THE TOP...
Dr. Ron Paul... A TRUE CONSTITUTIONALIST... WHO WORKS FOR THE PEOPLE.. AND THE CONSTITUION... FUCK THOSE AT THE TOP WITH THE MONEY...

WAKE UP PEOPLE..> POT DOESN'T MAKE U STUPID... AND IT ONLY TAKES YOU OPENING YOUR EYES TO HISTORY>>> TO SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT DEMS & REPUBS...

OH CHRIST ALL MIGHTY.... GLEN BECK.. THE SAVIOUR OF AMERICA AND HER CONSTITUTION... MY FUCKING ASS...

Try the TRAITOR OF AMERICA.... that piece of shit works for the same fuckers that want you DEAD OR IN PRISON... or sucking their dick...you take your choice..

Beck at times.... WHEN IT DOESN"T MATTER.... says all the right things.... course WHEN IT DOES MATTER... you find him supporting BUSH and the scumbag PATRIOT ACT.. should I say.. UN=PATRIOTIC ACT..

GLEN BECK.. HAS YOU BAMBOOZLED..... WHAT A FUCKING JOKE... FIND SOMEONE CONSISTENT.... not... on your side when it doesn't do shit.. but on the side of the ELITE.. when they need him... otherwise.... look like your for the constitution glen on this one... we have er wrapped up and don't need ya this time.... but stick around... we have another patriot act or warrantless wiretapping coming down the pike.. and we'll need you to tell the good people how THAT is different AND OK... fuck you

Beck the ambush artist... taking out REAL CONSERVATIVES AND CONSTITUTIONALIST... to protect the pretenders.. who do nothing stop nothing then cry about what they did nothing to stop... IN FACT THEY SECRETLY SUPPORTED IT>.... but in public acted like they were being frustrated at every turn by those stinkin dems.... MY ASS... Just like the Dems couldn't stop shit during BUSH.. even though there were more of them after 2006... hahahhaa WAKE UP AMERICANS...

The man.. THE ONLY MAN in politics who has been the same FOR TWENTY YEARS AND HIS VOTING RECORD PROVES IT... FOR TWENTY FUCKIN YEARS.....He is on my avatar .... figure it out.. hell CHECK IT OUT.... prove me a liar about Dr. Ron Paul... prove he is a scumbag or JUST LIKE THE REST OF EM... I dare you...hell I challenge you..... good luck

Last edited:

Mr. Stinky

Glen Beck is a schizo, He took meds for it for years. When he was a DJ in Washington state he used to talk about how his meds made him feel like he was wrapped in a wet blanket. He is a whack job. no doubt. I never listen to him or any of the other right wingers. :blowbubbles:

hes not a right winger. just because you are far left, doesnt make everyone to the right of you a "right winger". putting down and belittling your opposition is a tactic of the small mind. be a grown up, and have a mature debate instead of just blasting away with the rhetorical garbage and personal attacks.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If y'all haven't figured it out yet, most everything he said was campaign rhetoric to get him elected. Just as many of the President's before him.

The President is merely a puppet for Mr. Money Bags these days. That's why United States OVERALL foreign and domestic policy has not changed in decades. It's been bait and switch for how long now??

The MJ fight is only a small microcosm of what is happening to our freedoms in this country. The government does care about you or your well being at all and we need to really wake up to that fact IMO.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I tried to tell everyone before the election.

I got really trashed out for doing it.

If he refuses to give clear public support before the election, he will not give any support after the election.

Barak Obama ran a con job on the marijuana community.

The hint of support in exchange for our votes was a lie.

First time a politician has lied to ya???:laughing::laughing:

phan

I actually think that it is amazing that we have come so far so quickly to have the white house even have to release a statement saying it is a "non starter". Seriously that is taking the issue more seriously than any other president in my 40 + years. Of course I would have rather the article said that they are "looking into the feasibility" etc. But as I see it this is the start of the public debate, which honestly we have been winning over the last five years. Look at the USA Today article and map from last week, a state at a time as either decriminalizing or allowing medical use...this is way past where I thought we would be.

qdavid

Not surprising at all. I look at this as the just an opening salvo (a pretty sneaky one too) in what is sure to become a huge propaganda blitz in the coming months against legalization in general, and California in particular, because they're at the forefront of this, are getting the most attention too.

First, consider the source here and where he was: drug CZAR at ground zero. He (they) would only stand to lose if out if cannibas were legalized.

Second, a huge, huge fight is looming over states rights here. Again. And again. Another BIG issue. POWER. Whose is bigger?

Then also, always follow the money in the US to understand motive. The Feds are supporters of big business (big pharma, etc.) who stand to lose BIG. In both money and power.

I say bring it. Nobody's being fooled. The people will prevail. Always have, always will.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
By The Monitor's Editorial Board
Source: Christian Science Monitor ---- snip -----

Did you know that if you copy and paste this whole article into yahoo mail... and then mail it to yourself.... it ends up in your spam box? The first one I sent.... actually never arrived and I was given the "Type this in to prove you're not a spambot" which I've also NEVER gotten that prompt when sending e-mail before.

I sent the exact same message just now (a few hours later)... line for line, including the subject and it went straight to my spam box.

I have NEVER had anything I've sent to my own e-mail address... end up in the spam box.

Smells fishy.

Educate Yourself! Then Educate Your Neighbor!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First time a politician has lied to ya???:laughing::laughing:

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

We as Americans love believing what our politicians say no matter what. More so than any other country.

We love what they have to say more than our country and Constitution itself.

Geez, you'd think we were all brainwashed or something.

]A[Boss

even God lets each of us make our own decisions... fuck the falsified Christians and the governments that keep us down based on what they think and what they want us to do for their sake.

NHMI

Screw you man! I am a Christian, it is the fucked up Govt that is making descisions for people they don't have the right to make. So why don't you all do something about it? Call your local politicians and definitely the governor and demand that people stop being prosecuted for victimless crimes like pot, where the state acts as the behalf of an imaginary injured party...it is against our constitutional rights...and it is lazy people and liberals trying to socialize america that created this mess....and carreer politicians...

So put your money where your mouth is:

http://www.guardiansofthefreerepublics.com/front-page.html

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
What a load of ignorant rhetoric. Like the lessons from alcohol prohibition aren't enough evidence for our "leaders".

Big Pharmacy has this country by the balls so very hard. Can't pee right? Take a pill. Can't sleep well? Take a pill. Can't get your dick up to reproduce? Take a pill.

Oh yeah and the side effects include pissing out of your ass, headaches, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. Sounds wonderful.

-Funk

Latest posts

Latest posts