What's new

Mitsu Strains and Experiments - 100w LED / 60x60cm

Boob McNoob

I'm going to have to start from the beginning to absorb your efforts; very vibrant and expressive plants. I've got seven individual grow stations with a range of fixtures - some dedicated to sprouts, some for extended veg, and some for flowering only. My normal routine is two months on 18/6 with topping and aggressive LST after the fourth or fifth node. Currently running everything in repurposed coffee canisters (roughly 2 gal) which allows for increased numbers to offset for the inevitable males that complicate my goal of a perpetual system. I've got a pair of the unit (Mars Hydro TS600) that you're using that are unused at the moment as I've been fortunate enough to review several fixtures from other makers in play right now. A brief read through your thread left me puzzled if you worked 12/12 from seed or offered a veg setting (sorry if I missed where you explained this earlier).
IMG_20221124_015459085.jpg
IMG_20221130_013616107.jpg

Boob McNoob

I used the TS 600 units for two grows with impressive results for such an affordable light. My current systems in play are Spiderfarmer SF 1000 (100w) Growplanner GP 1500 (150 w) and Mars Hydro SP 3000 and TSL 2000 (300 w each) along with a pair of Serwing 100 w (70 w actual draw). I would advise against the 12/12 from seed approach as my trial with that yielded satisfactory but undersized results - didn't really shave off more than two weeks from the normal 4 month adventure.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
36th day of flowering

I really like the small unknown plant which i called the odd one in the beginning and which i pollinated with the Malawi Sun Male. She got a nice fat head and i think she will finish first of all. Has a sweet stinky cheesy oldschool skunk smell also which i like. :)

20221206_055334-01.jpeg

20221206_055703-01.jpeg

The Malawi Sun is just a hairy beast ^^, will take some time i think...

20221205_161347-01.jpeg
20221205_132949-01.jpeg

Boob McNoob

I find myself amazed by the ferocious vitality of the males that are culled from my indoor delights. Using a large bread knife, I hack away at the root ball when removing them from the coffee containers and only about a third of it's mass remain for transfer to a bit larger pots to rough it outside. They don't even flinch and endure at times near freezing temps and a much less attentive eye which sees them getting tap water about once a week. The intention to harvest pollen never seems to become a reality as I wonder at how their structure and vibrant health. This rough treatment and survival is making me begin to consider the same treatment for the ladies just to see if they respond as well; the larger containers might help with my apparent issues through the later part of flowering.
IMG_20221120_210524905.jpg IMG_20221123_141217421.jpg IMG_20221206_084410464.jpg

Last edited:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Thanks guys! 🙌 I'm pretty happy with my plants, yeah. All is going well, no problems and the seeds are already well developed... 100w LED! 👏

Welcome @derAngler 🪝🐟 ^^

Looking good! What does the big one smell like?
You mean the Unknown Big One!? Really always hard to tell for me but i think i can smell some orange flavour + the typical sweet peppery cannabis smell. :)

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Todays breakfast... Popcorn. :lurk: :biggrin:

20221211_075209-01.jpeg

The mini-buds down there on the Unknown Strain plants are already sticky with resin, they won't get enough light anyway so let's see if we can get high a little bit after drying.

Here's one popcorn from the Malawi Sun, there's not much more than a few hairs and single calyxes, i can see that she will be flowering much longer than the unknwon strain. The seeds already getting hard and calyxes are slowly opening so maybe in around 2 weeks first seeds are ready.

20221211_072334-01.jpeg

AlphaCentaury78

Cosmonauta cannabico 🚀
I hope I didn't get it wrong🤣🤣
Would you like fruit names like orange?
There is Tangor which is a hybrid of orange and tangerine tangerun found in Jamaica in the 1920s or Hassaku is a Japanese hybrid citrus like an orange, Myakawa is a Chinese hybrid.