What's new

mistakes were made

Im'One

Ok i grew some Romulan Grapefruit from next generation and it smelled great. Early smoke reports were rather meh...smoke enough and you feel like moon walking but?

I kept in an a paper bag until felt dry and put in mason jar. I kept it at 72% for a month. Pulled some out a few days ago and it had a pleasant pinesol odor. I pulled some last night and it smelled like old hay. I emptied the jar and kept the buds out for three hours in 50% rh. Pulled one bud ground it up, it was stixky and hard to grind. I made a joint and smoked it. It was smooth, not much flavor but not harsh either. I suffered no ill effects and was pleasantly wasted for a few hours and went to sleep. Can i save these? Do i need to trash them? Would they be ok for sry sift or hash oil?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Jar it back up, keep the moisture below 62% and you'll be fine. Keep it cool and away from light. Use a search engine and search for site:icmag.com curing This will likely pull up a lot of helpful threads for next time. :)

Im'One

Ok thanks Doug...i checked this morning after letting them air our last night for two hours. The sweet smell was back! I checked the jars were at 72rh so opened again and let them air again. So...thanks again. This is some nice weed although not particularly potent.:dance013:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I put up a thread asking what was the gas produced during the jar cure. I now think it is chlorophyll, which I don't like the taste of. Some good info put in there too.

Hookahhead

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
QWEt ? Is that rso or hash oil?

By whose definition? It appears that varies by local.

I consider oil made by Rick Simpson's Naphtha or ISO process RSO, so QWET doesn't qualify.

Technically Hash Oil is a concentrate extracted from hash, while QWET is from plant matter, but the term hash oil is so grossly overused as to become generic, so it probably fits best out of the two.

BHO, PHO, QWET, QWISO, QWAT, et al, etc, all fall under the generic term Hash Oil, but all have decidedly different properties.

A little like walking into a candy store and asking for candy...…….

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Drying/curing Cannabis definitely produces ethylene gas.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/cannabis-cultivation-and-science-podcast/id1258365194?i=1000429256638

It also most likely releases other VOCs associated with plant injury/senescence. This is a very understudied area.
And along those lines, I'll share an experience.

I jarred some manicured buds in six half gallon jars for curing, but didn't extract them when our local laws changed making it a Class II Felony to extract outside a permitted lab.

I gave one away to a struggling patient, and continued to burp them for a while, but eventually more or less forgot about them until three years later, when I noticed them and opened one of the jars for a sniff.

Imagine my surprise when after removing the ring, the lid suddenly exploded off, blowing buds all over my basement floor.

I sniffed the contents, which smelled like cured Canna Gooey should smell, so I cleaned up the mess and reinstalled the lid before checking on the rest.

For the other four jars, I simply loosened the ring and waited for the loud pop, before removing it the rest of the way and sniffing. It popped loudly on three of the jars, but not at all on the forth, which seemingly was not as tightly sealed and bled off the pressure as it accumulated.

There was no odor of mold or fermentation, and ethylene is odorless, so no clue there. What was an eyeopener to me is how high the pressure was inside the jars.

Latest posts

Latest posts