What's new

Missouri Constitutional Initiative Covering Industrial Hemp, Medicinal & Legalization

WHAB

Missouri Constitutional Initiative Covering Industrial Hemp, Medicinal & Legalization

Hello everyone :wave: I hope you've all been well!

SMCR (Show-Me Cannabis Regulation) has been approved by the Missouri, Secretary of State, Robin Carnahan to gather signatures to put on the 1012 ballot a State Constitutional Amendment that will cover legal adult usage of our herb, allowing the return of Industrial Hemp to the state and allowing for the use of Medical Marijuana. A Three-fer, if you will :headbange

I met with the fine folks from SMCR last night and got the heads-up and the low-down B) I was also given ten petitions to gather signatures on (for starters ;) ).

We need to get at least 150,000 legitimate, legal voter signatures for the initiative to go on the ballot. That's 150,000 'legal, registered voter' signatures.

The cut-off date for completed petitions with legal, registered voter signatures on them is May 6th, 2012.

I have contact information if you want to volunteer to gather signatures yourselves. I have petitions if you are a legal, registered voter in the state of Missouri (registered to vote at your current address) to be signed and want to add your signature to it.

I think the time is ripe here in Missouri. 150,000 isn't a lot of signatures, relatively speaking, but we'll need everyone's help getting it done.

I really like this initiative for a number of reasons and primary among those reasons is that it is for a State Constitutional Amendment. That makes it much more difficult for anyone (politician, or whoever) to dick around with it later. It can't simply be thwarted on a whim or done away with politically with a change of political winds or power without another constitutional referendum.

The other reasons why I like it is because it covers ALL three of my favorite ideas in regards to Marijuana....full legalization for everyone over the age of 21, medical usage for those requiring it AND the return of Industrial Hemp to its proper place in the state (any state, for that matter).

Let's get'r done...we're burnin daylight, amongst other things :tongue:

:smoke out:

Take very good care, one and all :good:,
WHAB

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Great find - I'm not in Missouri, but you may want to advertise this on Craigs list, and other local advertising places as well. Also, if you can find financial support, a lot of times they pay people to go out and get signatures.. Usually $1 a signature - You can make a lot in a day if you are good at it. If they were able to raise money for this, it really helps boost up the number of signature significantly.

All residents of Missouri should be signing this!

Just some other ideas, I want to see this get on the ballot and pass. =]

Dank Regards,

Bi0hazard

WHAB

My mistake. It's May 6th, 2012.

My mistake. It's May 6th, 2012.

A little late if the deadline is May 6, 2011.

Hey Tony. My mistake. It's May 6th, 2012. The deadline for signatures is May 6th, 2012. Sorry about that. I'll change that in the post right now.

Take care :wave:,
WHAB

WHAB

Great find - I'm not in Missouri, but you may want to advertise this on Craigs list, and other local advertising places as well. Also, if you can find financial support, a lot of times they pay people to go out and get signatures.. Usually $1 a signature - You can make a lot in a day if you are good at it. If they were able to raise money for this, it really helps boost up the number of signature significantly.

Dank Regards,

Bi0hazard

Hey Bi0 :wave:

Good idea about craigslist, danks!

I don't know about the money end of this. I will mention it to the folks, though. Danks again ;)

I really want to see it passed, too. Hopefully we'll get it done this time...

Take care,
WHAB

Cool Moe

Veteran
Hey WHAB,

Great effort man. Top o my head best idea for obtaining maximum signatures is to work the mardi gras crowd hard...set up signature tables at entrances to as many big parties as possible and at strategic entry/traffic points all around the main parade route. We could hit 150K in a day. Just need to find a donor who'll buck up for weed leaf beads to hand out in exchange for tittie displays.

WHAB

Hey WHAB,

Great effort man. Top o my head best idea for obtaining maximum signatures is to work the mardi gras crowd hard...set up signature tables at entrances to as many big parties as possible and at strategic entry/traffic points all around the main parade route. We could hit 150K in a day. Just need to find a donor who'll buck up for weed leaf beads to hand out in exchange for tittie displays.

Hi Moe :wave:

Missouri has a Mardi Gras? <---serious question. IF there is a Mardi Gras on Missouri please point me to the information and I'll get it done personally.

And, thanks for the kind words. I'll accept them on behalf of Team SMCR.

Thanks Moe! :wave:,
WHAB

Cool Moe

Veteran
Hi Moe :wave:

Missouri has a Mardi Gras? <---serious question. IF there is a Mardi Gras on Missouri please point me to the information and I'll get it done personally.

And, thanks for the kind words. I'll accept them on behalf of Team SMCR.

Thanks Moe! :wave:,
WHAB

St. Louis, Missouri Mardi Gras parade is 2nd only to New Orleans in size. Usually estimated at 300-500K. Parade runs right down Broadway past Busch Stadium home of the St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions :dance013::dance013: Feb 17th is the party night, Feb 18 is the grand parade. Watch out for the crewe called the Mystic Knights of the Purple Haze.:rtfo::rtfo::rtfo:

http://www.mardigrasinc.com/events/

WHAB

St. Louis, Missouri Mardi Gras parade is 2nd only to New Orleans in size. Usually estimated at 300-500K. Parade runs right down Broadway past Busch Stadium home of the St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions :dance013::dance013: Feb 17th is the party night, Feb 18 is the grand parade. Watch out for the crewe called the Mystic Knights of the Purple Haze.:rtfo::rtfo::rtfo:

http://www.mardigrasinc.com/events/

I was truly ignorant of the event. I thank you for informing me of it. Sincerely, thank you!

I'll be there! I'll start planning now. And, I'll start talking to others about it as soon as I can.

Can you enlighten me on what I'm watching out for in regards to the Mystic Knights of the Purple Haze? Anything like the Mystic Knights of The Oingo Boingo? :rtfo:

Thanks again :thank you:

Take care, Moe!,
WHAB

G

guest86120975

May I be a party pooper for a minute? I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of pragmatism displayed by the people behind this initiative. What I mean is, a medical bill most likely WOULD pass, but an all out legalization bill most likely would NOT pass. So, what I'm saying is that you should go for what you can get now, and move from there later when you have a better shot. Either way, good luck. Missouri is a conservative state in general. You'll need it.

WHAB

May I be a party pooper for a minute? I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of pragmatism displayed by the people behind this initiative. What I mean is, a medical bill most likely WOULD pass, but an all out legalization bill most likely would NOT pass. So, what I'm saying is that you should go for what you can get now, and move from there later when you have a better shot. Either way, good luck. Missouri is a conservative state in general. You'll need it.

Hello maybe :wave:

I have been pondering over that since I became aware of this effort. I 'think' it may have to do with "severability"...

IF it is indeed severable then that allows for portions of it to be taken away without affecting the whole of the initiative. Something a court will decide....and once again, not a legislature/politician.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/severability/

I will try and find out if there is, in fact, a severability clause in this initiative and let you know either way. IF there is then it is a bonus and should allay any fears of overall defeat without at least a glimpse of hope for any separate portion of this initiative succeeding.

And, again, I sincerely do appreciate your interest and participation in the discussion of this very important matter!

You're right, it is a rather conservative state. That's what amazes even more about these folks, and the amount of folks, coming up to me and broaching the topic of Marijuana/Hemp.

We are in a more changed and aware world than ever before....especially on this topic.

I'll graciously accept your words of "good luck" for the SMCR team and work from that point forward ;)

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, maybe4sure.

All the best!

:plant grow:

Take very good care!,
WHAB

WHAB

Dank Regards,

Bi0hazard

I am still waiting for a response to my email query on the paying signature gatherers question.

I apologize for not being able to get you a response sooner. I will, however, get you an answer as soon as I can.

:plant grow:

Take care, Bi0 :wave:,
WHAB

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
As a St Louis native that has moved on and away, I will most definitely consider returning if this passes.

WHAB

Thanks for keeping me posted. No worries, always glad to help out =]
It's an important set of questions that need answering. Not only for you (and I do thank you for bringing them up), but for anyone in the future. I should have had the answers in preparation for this effort, but to be honest my game is a little rusty of late and I've only just recently pulled it out of storage and also just now tuning it up for the race to the finish ;)

I don't know you, per se, but what most people know about me is that IF I say I'm gong to do something then you can bet on it getting done by me.

And, I can't possibly think of 'everything' so I really do appreciate you and the others bringing them up.

:thank you::tiphat:

Take care, Bi0 :wave:,
WHAB

WHAB

As a St Louis native that has moved on and away, I will most definitely consider returning if this passes.

Hello Deezy :wave:,

It's a pleasure making your acquaintance, virtually ;)

Is there anything you can do to help make it happen? Do you have friends or family here that should be made aware of this effort? Former acquaintances?

I'm not trying to pressure you or anything. Just asking in a casual manner.

:tiphat:

Take care, Deezy! :wave:,
WHAB

L

LouDog420

Good vibes you guys over in the MO!!

I'm loving the 3 pronged initiative :tiphat:

Legalize it!!