What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Missing red on me leds ?

Bio boy

My hlg leds and bxeb exceed my hps grows but when I put a hps in for winter the stretch was more and thricomes more I yielded more on the mixed side than the led only or hps only side

bxeb and hlg are identicle almost

the spec chart shows that 730-780 is the missing factor ? Anyone using far red boards to supplement this noticed a difference ? Does it match up to the hps ?
9ADA823E-36C6-44BC-9175-49ED49100CF4.jpeg
E01A0FBF-F4E5-4894-BB1A-DE7CE5BE9C3A.jpeg
387F1E6E-2075-4AD3-BD26-2D7D64CF2778.jpeg

Bio boy

this is interesting info. How much more did the plants stretch would you say?
My led side had 6inch through scrog net I wanted them to go a bit more gets annoying when the buds still in the screen but frosty as shit
the side under the hps stretched to the hps and had colas 14 inches and some heat stress it’s in a raptor hood some foxtails too

the Middle under both stretched up a bit shorter than the hps side taller than the led around 10 inches but they was so fat I ended up with some mould as they touched somuch and couldn’t get to them easy from the sides lol but they was glistening to hell and much better grown I’d dial That in boss

the hps was my walk-in area and couldn’t reach over it
led was on the wall side and short of they was reversed would have been easy to get to the middle set

led side most terps flavours
hps side was taller how I’d want them in the screen but lacked flavour
the middle was just flavour and double yield and more resin maybe from stress lol

I was thinking to go led hps led but I don’t want the hps or the drop of my new middle led so what’s missing ? That red in 750 if I can add that would it replicate the difference the hps delivers ?

Hiddenjems

In my experience spectrum affects plant morphology but not yield. Dli independent of source is the main driver of yield.

What is the measured ppfd under each light?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Put a flouro in to and you'll get better results again. Mixed sources is where it's at. No matter how "full" the spectrum is, it's still pulsing at a constant rate. Get diff pulse rates at diff nm sources and you'll be set

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Led is not full spectrum. Show me an led grow light spectrum that has as much green and far red as the sun.

The LEDS I use are listed as Full spectrum.. I can't prove to you they are lol. I use Mars and HLG. Your obviously misunderstanding what Full spectrum is for LED. There are no grow lights that are equal to the sun.

The FC Series LED grow lighting solutions feature horticulture-optimized Samsung LM301B chips with a uniform layout and full spectrum lighting to provide equal and high PPFD across the canopy and energy-efficient performance, producing indoor plants of uniform and consistent quality for grow rooms and vertical farms to achieve year-round bountiful harvests

Hiddenjems

Put a flouro in to and you'll get better results again. Mixed sources is where it's at. No matter how "full" the spectrum is, it's still pulsing at a constant rate. Get diff pulse rates at diff nm sources and you'll be
The LEDS I use are listed as Full spectrum.. I can't prove to you they are lol. I use Mars and HLG. Your obviously misunderstanding what Full spectrum is for LED. There are no grow lights that are equal to the sun.

The FC Series LED grow lighting solutions feature horticulture-optimized Samsung LM301B chips with a uniform layout and full spectrum lighting to provide equal and high PPFD across the canopy and energy-efficient performance, producing indoor plants of uniform and consistent quality for grow rooms and vertical farms to achieve year-round bountiful harvests
Show me the green, far red, ultraviolet, infrared, X-rays, and gamma rays it puts out. That’s full spectrum, like the sun.

I’m sure that one hand you’ll claim full spectrum, and on the other claim the missing parts of the electromagnetic spectrum aren’t important.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Show me the green, far red, ultraviolet, infrared, X-rays, and gamma rays it puts out. That’s full spectrum, like the sun.

I’m sure that one hand you’ll claim full spectrum, and on the other claim the missing parts of the electromagnetic spectrum aren’t important.
WTF dude? Why are you asking me.. Go ask Mars or any other LED vendor. I cant show you shit.
As I ALREADY TOLD YOU LED IS NOT THE SUN. There are no grow lights equal to the sun. Why are you even mentioning this?. HPS is vastly different in spectrum than LED. This is what we are talking about not the sun.

This is the GROWROOM LIGHTING THREAD.

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
My friend has a new light that has less green and more red and added UV-A Plus IR built in. No extra bar needed.

Last edited:

goingrey

Full spectrum in reference to a lamp means the visible spectrum only, not X-rays or gamma radiation.

Lamp manufacturers achieve this by adding other diodes to complement LM301H or whatever the "main" diode is. But sometimes I wonder if the couple of different diodes are a marketing gimmick so that they can legally say "full spectrum", or actually useful.

Latest posts

Latest posts