What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Missed it

Veritas629

I missed his passing too and I'll be listening to his music tonight, probably all night. I'll assume anyone in this thread knows the Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald song. She cast off her lines for the final time a few miles from my childhood home (Superior, WI). Settle in with a joint, cause I'll tell ya the tale of the spookiest moment of my long weird life...

In summer 1998, I was sailing the Great Lakes on a large research vessel. I had a unique noon-midnight watch and slept from midnight to 0800. We were on a L. Huon to L. Superior trip and were a few hours out of Sault St. Marie. I woke at 02:14 and couldn't fall back to sleep. Weird, because I was stoned and exhausted after hauling lines in the Soo Locks. I gave up on sleep and went to hang with the middle watch in the wheel house. The 1st Mate asked why I was awake and I explained. His eyes got big and then he back-tracked our route on the charts. Yep, we cross the resting place of the Fitzgerald at exactly 02:14.... I don't believe in anything supernatural, but that gave me shivers for days and even a bit right now!

Latest posts

Latest posts