What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Misinformation re: black ash/flushing/drying/curing

Hi, I have been growing in an organic set up for a while now and personally would not flush' I start lowering the feed over the last 10 to 14 days, I have some c99 my good friend gave to me and he don't get no black ash the same as me, Crumpledtrumpet.

Bongstar420

The odor/flavor is far more variety dependent than grower dependent. The smoothness is the same there too. I get plants that are finished as perfectly as any but are still harsh due to high terpene content-some terpenes are just harsh in the smoke. Oh, and conventional wisdom is way off on the fert finish theories here. People are doing much more than is necessary to accomplish the cessation of luxury consumption. Most of the growing protocols are more akin to religion than actual objective necessity.

And for the ash, I will start caring about that when people are paying for it. How much is it worth to get white ash over black ash all else being equal? Otherwise, I am mostly concerned with *smoothness* and *headyness* first and for most. *flavors* come after since flavorful stuff with out head will be rejected by m most consumers.