What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Misinformation' from Fox News helps shape Trump's views

imiubu

Misinformation vs Disinformation

Misinformation vs Disinformation

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
IMHO journalism is no longer an honest profession. Currently, perhaps even more dishonest? I think that much of what is presented on network television etc., is intentionally DISinformation. Journalist are suppose to do their own fact checking not simply parrot what another network/ source has said/ written.
That's a fact Jack! And... it started waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Trump!

I have seen clips on CNN during the day and, all of a sudden we see something totally (PLASTIC SURGERY (nip & tuck)) on the evening news.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's because most is Opinion based news. Once this became news it all went to shit. Any real journalist shouldn't add on there BS. Just report it as it is. They learned real news is boring. Even when the news is bad they all embellish to make it seem worse. Asking any mother how she feels about her kids death is just stupid shit.

Gry

Veteran
Nova and Frontline each used to be favorite shows.
In the late seventies, they changed so much, I lost all interest in them.
Later learned those changes were the result of "underwriting" from the Koch family endowment.
The relationship between the military and the media has always been more than interesting.

EsterEssence

Veteran
The lady I see for my feet and haircuts spews Fox News, I can’t believe what they tell their viewers, when the pandemic started Dr. Fauci was talking about the things we need to do, she said she wanted him to stop talking so she could hear what 45 had to say. I was dumbfounded and had to tell her that the little guy is the top DR. We have for a pandemic response. People live by what they hear on fox scary...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The lady I see for my feet and haircuts spews Fox News, I can’t believe what they tell their viewers, when the pandemic started Dr. Fauci was talking about the things we need to do, she said she wanted him to stop talking so she could hear what 45 had to say. I was dumbfounded and had to tell her that the little guy is the top DR. We have for a pandemic response. People live by what they hear on fox scary...

It's so perplexing how folks believe (his 24,000 LIES) #45 and disregarding professionals, experts in their fields to take verbatim "un" truth of DJT.

DJT saying, “You tell people a lie 3 times, they will believe anything."You can’t con people, at least not for long. You can create excitement, you can do wonderful promotion and get all kinds of press, and you can throw in a little hyperbole. But if you don’t deliver the goods, people will eventually catch on" from Art of the Deal.

Many, I think, hear what sounds good and don't care if it's true or not. That's SCARY!

Gry

Veteran
I would hope that everyone read the Powell Memo years ago.
Anyone who did would not have been at all surprised by Rush Limbaugh
or later by Fox TV. Each were called for directly by the memo.
Which makes Fox TV unique compared to other broadcast outlets.

'Boogieman'

The experts have been politicized or have an agenda. Many Americans don't trust the "experts" and for good reason. Endless wars, weapons of mass destruction, the list goes on. Everyone is corruptible and most so called experts are corrupt, none are looking out for your best interests.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...all of mainstream media, including Fox is full of shit and staffed with microphone monkeys who will spew whatever bullshit they are paid to spew.

...Fox is just as anti-Trump as all the others but they are more stealthy about it.

bozo

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trump and Attorney General Bill Barr have turned the constitutional order and the rule of law into a joke. If you’re Roger Stone or Michael Flynn, the White House will arrange pardons, commutations, or even the outright betrayal of the Justice Department’s own lawyers. Felony convictions are for the little people. The Constitution is just busywork for chumps.

Reconstructing the GOP—or any center-right party that might one day replace it—will take a long time, and the process will be painful. The remaining opportunists in the GOP will try to avert any kind of reform by making a last-ditch lunge to the right to fill the vacuum left by Trump’s culture warring and race-baiting. In the short term, the party might become smaller and more extreme, even as it loses seats. So be it. The hardening of the GOP into a toxic conglomeration of hucksters, quislings, racists, theocrats, and cultists is already happening. The party gladly accepted support from white supremacists and the Russian secret services, and now welcomes QAnon kooks into its caucus. Conservatives must learn that the only way out of “the wilderness” is first to vanquish those who led them there.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/i-used-think-gop-should-be-saved/616189/

Latest posts

Latest posts