What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Miricle grow teams up with Denver company

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
www.9news.com

You think they are gonna grow tomatoes?

KUSA - Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. is working more closely with one of its indoor-gardening partners, a Colorado firm.
The Ohio company (NYSE: SMG) known for its lawn and garden products is enlisting Boulder-based AeroGrow International Inc. to help with its direct-to-consumer business segment and with developing large-scale gardening

OldSSSCGuy

You mean the image of flooding our country with pure chemical crap so our watersheds are poisoned? Or the image of being a Monsanto clone intentionally bent on fucking up our horticulture?

(smile)

Betterhaff

Veteran
lol, I'm not promoting Miracle-Gro by any means and it has no where near the impact of ferts that are used in agriculture. Miracle-Gro is basically known as a home outdoor product but they do have recipes/instructions for indoor use. What I meant was they're probably trying to gear toward an indoor use specifically. Is that good, the market will decide, hopefully. The positive I see is that are recognizing a market they have otherwise neglected.

Not sure if this can be taken as good or bad news, but it will definitely be interesting to follow up on this and see what kind of antics they may get into next, especially since big business kind of pushes things they want to go in a certain direction. *sigh*