What's new

Miracle gro tomato formula.

Im going to the store today.so pics later of what i can get.thanks for helping me icmag people. Im so excited about a grow store in my area i cant even sleep.

Mix the ocean Forrest and strawberry fields together. That should feed the plants for 2-3 weeks. You can buy a bottle of Botanicare Bloom Soil formula and that will grow good weed start to finish one bottle.

Get a few rounds done and expand your nutrient line or mix your own soil and lose the bottles.

Good luck and let us know what.you find in there.

Thank you

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Pro-mix HP with General Hydroponics 3part Flora series is the easiest to use for beginners. Ocean forest has their own line of nutrients that are made for ocean forest but is more difficult to use. I have seen a lot of people disappointed with their results using Ocean Forest and Happy Frog. 😎

Yea ive heard mixed reviews about various brands but, its why i started the thread.to get help on whats available locally.like i said im going there today and will post photos of what they have.hopefully icmag can help me choose what to but.

Just got back from the seed n feed store.they had these for ferilizers and food plus some sprays.also they had light warrior soil.which is what i want to start my seeds in.the owner said the rest of the soils are hot.

Attachments

• photo2088924.jpg
    photo2088924.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 40
  • photo2088925.jpg
    photo2088925.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 36
  • photo2088928.jpg
    photo2088928.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 41
  • photo2088929.jpg
    photo2088929.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 35
  • photo2088930.jpg
    photo2088930.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 35
  • photo2088931.jpg
    photo2088931.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 34
  • photo2088932.jpg
    photo2088932.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 39

Three Berries

Pot size is important due to the watering needs. A larger pot only needs watered once a week maybe when the plants are seedlings or a month old. This make it hard to correct anything with watering. The FoxFarm Happy Frog does not need anything for the first month. I do add some epsom salt and Calcium Acetate to the initial watering being careful to not over water to run off as that's some good stuff on new soil., all pH up I use is Potassium Bicarbonate. Then the needs start to show up. When in flower they need quite a bit of nutes for the first half, little to no mitogen though in flower.

Mg, Ca and K are the boosters you need that most fertilizers don't give. I saw one water soluble one that had just about everything needed for cannabis but can't find it again. :( I've heard the FoxFarm boosters cause problems with Happy frog soil.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Happy Frog, Ocean Forest Strawberry Fields are all FoxFarms products so why wouldn't FoxFarms nutrients work with FoxFarms soil? You store there looks like so many stores all over the country, Many are really big on FoxFarm because people know the name and they aggressively market to the stores. Pretty much everything you took pics of is FoxFarms. I'm not saying it's bad but I've tried it and I wasn't terribly impressed. I get the feeling you want to go the organic route or maybe your eyes are just drawn to FoxFarms colorful labels? Anyway in one of the pics I could see on a self behind the FoxFarms products, several Epsoma products and they seem pretty good for trying to put together your own organic soil mix and probably a good bit easier on the wallet compared to FoxFarms.

As far as liquid organic mix I've tried Botanicare PureBlend Pro with decent results both the grow and the bloom. Sometimes I would add liquid Karma but stopped because it got too expensive some times I would add a little Superthrive to a feeding or two in veg to basically stimulate root development I tried adding blackstrap molasses for a while but that became hard to fin and a bit price to get me thru an entire grow and it didn't feel like it made that much difference. The biggest enhancement boost I ever felt like I got was when I added mycorrhizae to the soil, I can't remember which brand name it was though. Now if you're not so strict about using organics I used to use this stuff called Ionic, when I look them up now online it seems like they stopped making a for soil version and are just doing a hydro version but I had good results with them to the had a veg, a bloom and a boost formula. I tried a few other brands here and there but now I can't remember which ones probably because I wasn't impressed.

Be careful of those grow stores if you're not really too sure about what you're looking for. I'm sure some have good knowledgeable people that will steer you in a good direction with honest information but a lot of them have staff the don't know much about anything and just try to act like they do and talk you into the most expensive products.

Oh yea they had alot i mean alot of other products.organic. agricultural. Powders.amendments.different companys.etc.that was just one wall i took pics of. And my first visit

Three Berries

Happy Frog, Ocean Forest Strawberry Fields are all FoxFarms products so why wouldn't FoxFarms nutrients work with FoxFarms soil? .

I'm of the opinion anyone's nutes will work at the right ratio. But many use the already hot Happy Frog and when going by FFs label directions end up with nute problems. Or so I have heard.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I'm of the opinion anyone's nutes will work at the right ratio. But many use the already hot Happy Frog and when going by FFs label directions end up with nute problems. Or so I have heard.

Oh okay I get you, that makes sense, because you're adding something that's already covered by the soil itself.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
You can buy a bottle of Botanicare Bloom Soil formula and that will grow good weed start to finish one bottle.

lester is that true??? - i grow in ff ocean forrest, adding a bit of castings- n i have the whole ff lineup of ferts - n i go by their feeding chart- if i could feed fron one bottle start to finish, that would be great...

lester is that true??? - i grow in ff ocean forrest, adding a bit of castings- n i have the whole ff lineup of ferts - n i go by their feeding chart- if i could feed fron one bottle start to finish, that would be great...

That would be real kool.a simple soil plus one bottle.cant beat that. What would u add to fox farm light warrior because thats what i use.i gonna post more pics of other products the seed n feed has.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Microbes are a deal onto themselves. They are for all soil, and are what makes it work. I use rootwise and Spectrum PSB. Each has energizers.

Latest posts

Latest posts