What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Minions of the Dark

Darktimes

You'll be fine until they get mobile..... when they spend their time sitting still is nothing....

Its when they are climbing on top of the refrigerator that you have to worry.... My smallest is 4 1/2.... and autistic. He doesn't speak, but can read and write at 4..... So curious, and into EVERYTHING...... totally different set of challenges as the elder girl (almost 10).... she's just got a snotty attitude. I think they teach that attitude in school these days, not sure......

Hell, some days I wonder how I make it at all, but you'll always find a way. It's what your new job is, and there's no quitting this job...... but being a dad has brought me more irritation.... and more joy.... than anything else in my life.... wife included I'm afraid.

My dream is to be a dad... But sometimes i feel afraid hahaaha plus this hobbie kinda makes it a little more scary.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I kept from having my own kids because of growing.
I can handle my own consequences, but a child would have been a victim.

I lament of having had a child.
But at the same time, realize I have what I have because of no kids.
Kids are expensive beyond reckoning.

I tell young folks all the time, if you have kids before you buy a home and have a nice car.
Chances are 50/50 you'll never have a home or a nice car.
If you do get them, it'll be much later than you would have liked.

Gold Hill Ganja

Veteran
?s for the Minions and SG1 and anyone else with input, what do you guys think of Cataract Kush?????? good/bads

I have smoked it, not grown it, but what I smoked was potent a warm kind of buzz. CK was insane with resin gave the nugs appearance of white mold growing all over it (there wasn't any but that's the look). Smell was unremarkable very generic, taste was a b- grade similar to northern lights but softer, kind of a gym locker room funk. The high was pleasant enough tho good hybrid stone high in the clouds body stuck on the couch. Personally I didn't see what the fuss was about.

Gold Hill Ganja

Veteran
Well i had crossed it with the CT and wondering what purple x i am going to drop next.. I don't try my seeded females... Better drop 1 anyways

The bud and plants I've seen of CK have looked promising. I'd grow one if I was you, the example I got was not grown the standards I think you are capable of, also I think they rushed the dry and cure, with a proper cure who knows could be gangster.

Gold Hill Ganja

Veteran
I kept from having my own kids because of growing.
I can handle my own consequences, but a child would have been a victim.

I lament of having had a child.
But at the same time, realize I have what I have because of no kids.
Kids are expensive beyond reckoning.

I tell young folks all the time, if you have kids before you buy a home and have a nice car.
Chances are 50/50 you'll never have a home or a nice car.
If you do get them, it'll be much later than you would have liked.
I thought you had a son? No?

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Step children/sons.

Fuck, was I poor back then.
Hated them as much as they hated me.

One was distant, the other a mommas boy.

I have no real relationships with them anymore.

The youngest whom I taught to grow has ended up quiting his high paying legal job,
growing hay for weed, and stays stoned all day.

All after I co-signed for a house for him.

Totally twisted all the lessons taught him of hard work and quality growing.
Haven't seen him or talked in a year, since he asked for money because he ran out of unemployment.

I believe in being a responsible pot smoker, rather than a pothead.
Hard to relate to someone whom thinks that you are just a walking wallet.

No biological kids to call my own. :(

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Deff tested my metal.

Being a stepdad was the hardest, most unrewarding thing I've ever done.
I did it for their mom, my wife.

I'm fortunate for the experience, taught me many things.
Now I have someone to grow old with.
That is priceless to me.

But I still lament holding my own minion :)

Madamayo

Need help! Not sure what's going on with a few of my plants. The Halo 2x Cube are all starting to kill themselves off *Temp drops a little low here at night since its winter now, not much I can do (Halo have temp problems?)

Tried CaMg to see if that would help fix them, but it definitely did not.

Medium:
Royal gold Tupur
Happy Frog
Blood Meal
Granular Mycchorizae
Bat Guano
Ancient Mineralized Seabird Guano
Diatomaceous Earth (Kills the creepy-crawlies)

Feeding full General Organics line:
BioThrive (Grow)
BioRoot
BioWeed
CalMag

Never had any issues with all of this before, and I havent even really been feeding heavy nutrients because all of the healthy plants show no signs of nutrient issues in the medium, even my larger veg plants (not pictured)

Definitely is not over/under watering.

I see the occasional aphid, but there definitely is not an infestation.

Same medium as my other healthy plants

pH 5.8-6.0

Water quality is fine, my flowering plants are experiencing no issues.

Tried transplanting one to help it out, but it just got worse.

One is completely limp and lifeless, figure it would die by the end of tomorrow last night, so thats why I transplanted it.

Seems to only be affecting my smaller plants... and they had no problem up until the last few days.

First time having major issues of any sort... every dog has their day right?

gallery_517915_5200_1993034.jpg

gallery_517915_5200_1323589.jpg

gallery_517915_5200_657904.jpg

X

X_man

hola Master and fellow mins. I've got a 35 yo son that's still single. and no he's not gay or anything. It's just because he saw all the shit dear ol' dad went thru with 2 failed marriages.

alcohol played a big part in that.:dance013:

Third times a charm though and finally found my soulmate.
just hit 20 year anni so thats a record for me.

anyways , hope everyone has a dank weekend.

got 5 in the dirt:woohoo:

Gold Hill Ganja

Veteran
Need help! Not sure what's going on with a few of my plants. The Halo 2x Cube are all starting to kill themselves off *Temp drops a little low here at night since its winter now, not much I can do (Halo have temp problems?)

Medium:
Royal gold Tupur
Happy Frog
Blood Meal
Granular Mycchorizae
Bat Guano

BioThrive (Grow)
BioRoot
BioWeed
CalMag

Never had any issues with all of this before, and I havent even really been feeding heavy nutrients because all of the healthy plants show no signs of nutrient issues in the medium, even my larger veg plants (not pictured)

pH 5.8-6.0

One is completely limp and lifeless, figure it would die by the end of tomorrow last night, so thats why I transplanted it.

Seems to only be affecting my smaller plants... and they had no problem up until the last few days.

View Image

View Image

View Image
I think it's ph bro, might need a new tester. Since you already tp'd I would make a AACT tea or a pre made mycro package like white widow or orca and water that in and get your microbes right then water only. It could also be the soil is way to hot or You also could have nuked them with the calmag.
I've seen plants bounce back from there.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Medium:
Royal gold Tupur
Happy Frog
Blood Meal
Granular Mycchorizae
Bat Guano

BioThrive (Grow)
BioRoot
BioWeed
CalMag

pH 5.8-6.0

View Image

View Image

View Image

Halo (original) is a sativa dom cut and a light feeder.

What I'm seeing is too hot of soil for that little thing.
It will be dead soon, so here's what you do.

Get some unamended base mix soil ready.
Gently wash the existing soil away from the roots or as much as possible.
Don't worry about F'n anything up, it's currently dying.
Gently TP into base mix.

I believe the hot soil has messed up the root function, which in turn allows water to stagnate in the soil(anaerobic)
This also causes change in PH which should be at 6.3-6.8

Once it goes anaerobic, no hope without fresh soil.
TP into a small cup so it can be TP'd again after re-rooting.
Try it, and let me know how the new growth responds.

Madamayo

Thank you SG, will get to it right meow.

One is dead, that's for sure... seemed to hot, was a concern when I made the mix.

Guess it's back to the plain old bag o' tupur till I TP to flower mix.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
yes...defiantly hot soil....in addition to roots starving for oxygen...the medium needs to DRY out between each watering....a plant that size needs VERY little feeding @ that size....

SG! is totally right.... re-pot... uncup the girl w/ the steam between U'r fingers to provide support.... dunk entire root ball in water to wash away the majority of hot soil...

then replant in a mix that has been cut down.... if in a jam, take all U'r insisting medium... and cut the total volume in half...w sum thing less hot, and provide to aeration to the new mix.....

consider Napa Floor Dry...it offers a world of support for U'r soil....
even perlite, or crushed lava rock w/ help... cut the soil....

the new epsoma soil perfecter is very promising in this area.....look "@ expanded shale for soil options.... it VERY up-and coming...

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
oh.... is that PM... on the plants in the back,,,, or over-spray from foliar feed....
those leaves need to be cleaned and washed if so....
otherwise U got PM...fixing to got nutZ...........

Latest posts

Latest posts