What's new

Minions of the Dark

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahh! Mr Major poking his head in the door.
Good to see you again.

The canna cups are spendy for sure.
All my stuff I think highly of will be going to the testing labs.
If it isn't 20% THC or more, not gonna waste my money.
I contacted a lab in Portland OR, got their pricing.

$70 a sample for just THC and CBD tests.
They come with photos, strain info, and even a frame.

Told the fellow I'm just testing phenos for breeding and don't need all the bells and whistles.
I asked for a simple email report with my strain codes and #s and THC CBD profiles.
So negotiated the price to $50 for a 10 sample min run.

Better to test for $50 than lose $1,000 in entry fees.

New bolt on knee is doing well.
Mowed a half acre on my riding mower today.
Feeling the pain now, but glad to be back in the drivers seat again.
Walking without crutches now, keep a cane with me for safety, but don't need it.

Feels like my old knee after a flare up, but knowing it's bionic makes me feel safer.
On the mend and loving the recent sunny weather.
Wooo Hooo

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Glad to know you're doign better SG. My father recently underwent surgery to relieve his sciatic nerver which was pinched in 2 places. Fell off 2 story scaffolding 30 years ago and on the ski sloped several years ago. He hadn't slept in bed for 3 months recently because the nerve being pinched was constantly changing positions and therefore he was sleeping 2 hours a night on granite countertops, chairs, floors, etc etc (whatever hurt less atm). My mother has torn her ACL twice in 1 knee and once in the other and only has 16% left of her meniscus in one and 40% left in the other. Coming from a family heavily involved in athletics I know your pain! The only thing keepin' em goin are what they are passionate about; gardening (thanks mom) and woodworking. You seem to know what's up, keep it rolling.

My buddy entered some of his product for the 4/20 Cup in 2013. $4,000 and almost 3 lbs. of material. Holy Christ, it just seems not worth it at that point especially with all the breeders who have international fan clubs. I wish it was more about the product and not the placement.

Back to topic......

Here you see the Kraken and MCD. The 1/4 gal starter pot is the MCD while the 1 gal smartie is the Kraken. Both were germinated on the same day, but as you can see the Kraken is just a wee bit faster than the MCD. Kraken seems to have a nice little upward leaf growth going on which I always love to see over the droopy leaf varieties.... Everyone is happy, healthy, and loving life. With such a small garden right now all of my children get more attention than they'll ever need. Gave them a fungal compost tea a couple days ago to speed em up a bit. MCD's leaf structure is leaning heavily towards Indica dominant from what I can see as of now while the Kraken is leaning to be a bit more 50/50. We shall see in time as more nodes sprout up.

Attachments

• IMG_20140520_223430_922.jpg
    IMG_20140520_223430_922.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20140520_223535_821.jpg
    IMG_20140520_223535_821.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Nice to be doing something other than healing makes the body feel good. Nice to hear the knee is feeling better SG. Been a busy beaver the last few days. Made some act with kelp, ewc, alfalfa and feed the tea to the ladies. Foiler feed veg with the tea and planted clones with some vam for good measure. Thanks for the tip on that tea and c4.

Was thinking of a good way to foiler feed and used a big round bucket 18 gallon with a stand to elevate and sprayed on a background of panda film with a box and a tarp to catch overspray. Would love to make a mini shower with drain to catch the overspray with 3 walls. (like a spray booth) Sure would make treating for bugs and foiler feeding a breeze. Easy to clean up too.
So much to do, so little time.

Having a bbq in a few weeks and gonna do a mini cup. Hope c4 and tea enter something against these entries so far.
Strawberry diesel (11 weeks flower)
Green Crack
Cab driver

Probably be a few others as well. Just not sure what they are. Whats great about a local cup is no entry fee, only a small sample is necessary for 3 judges and a bud to photograph. Last year out of 10 samples I got 5th with Jack herer sweet pineapple tropical pheno. Columbian gold won first place. Prizes are usually seeds and medi treats. This year should have a couple other things too.

Hope you guys can make it.
Peace

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
I haven't pulled down anything in about 4-5 months, heh. Throwing my first girl into flower in 2 weeks. Excited to start having free weed again.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to know you're doign better SG. My father recently underwent surgery to relieve his sciatic nerver which was pinched in 2 places. Fell off 2 story scaffolding 30 years ago and on the ski sloped several years ago. He hadn't slept in bed for 3 months recently because the nerve being pinched was constantly changing positions and therefore he was sleeping 2 hours a night on granite countertops, chairs, floors, etc etc (whatever hurt less atm).

My buddy entered some of his product for the 4/20 Cup in 2013. $4,000 and almost 3 lbs. of material. Holy Christ, it just seems not worth it at that point especially with all the breeders who have international fan clubs. I wish it was more about the product and not the placement.
I've had 2 lower laminectomies for my sciatic.
Trashed the same disc twice, once in 1988 and again in 2008.
Your Pop is no stranger to pain, sciatic nerve affects more area of your body than any other nerve.
Lost lots of sleep, but quiting living will never be an option.

Canna cup requires a bit product and cash for sure.
The deeper your pockets the better.
Each entry = $1,000 and 40 grams of product.

I don't think there is any corruption involved.
But can tell you, with 50-60 entries in every category, the odds are stacked against the home hobbiest as ourselves.

There are several things that make canna cup winners.
Genetics are an obvious requirement.
But can tell you that the biggest part is having the grow space and time to grow many hundreds of seed at a time, and add in the many $1,000's of $$$ to test your prospects.

Us hobbiests have a long road ahead, especially is you wish make a name for oneself.
The scenery on this long road is spectacular, with friends walking with you, a priceless experience.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was thinking of a good way to foiler feed and used a big round bucket 18 gallon with a stand to elevate and sprayed on a background of panda film with a box and a tarp to catch overspray. Would love to make a mini shower with drain to catch the overspray with 3 walls. (like a spray booth) Sure would make treating for bugs and foiler feeding a breeze. Easy to clean up too.
Peace

You may want to weigh any benefits vs problems caused by foliar feeding.

Fact: Very few nutrients fall from the sky when it rains.

Leaves of about every living plant have never evolved to feed through their surfaces.
Excessive moisture has always been and enemy of the indoor grows, and many funky fungus types, and bugs love the moisture.

Your roots are evolved to feed from water carried nutrients.
The same spray on your plants leaves, are better consumed by your roots system, without any added headaches.

Just a thought

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even if the thread gets stickied and shut down.
Starting another chapter of the Minions thread won't be a bad thing.
I'm sure we'll be allowed to continue our work.

Nice knowing that all the minions are well behaved and we never say or do hurtful things.
Let alone the fact that donations are made to help support the site.
More donations will be made this year.

But Yah, we are a busy thread.

3Deez

Hi everybody. Just checking in to see how things are going. I hope that the recovery is going well SG. I see that you are making the best of it. I hope that the physical therapy isn't too torturous.

Just dropped some Ravnus beans last night to soak. One of em already looks like it cracked. Gonna check it when I get home!:dance013:

Ahh! Mr Major poking his head in the door.
Good to see you again.

The canna cups are spendy for sure.
All my stuff I think highly of will be going to the testing labs.
If it isn't 20% THC or more, not gonna waste my money.
I contacted a lab in Portland OR, got their pricing.

$70 a sample for just THC and CBD tests.
They come with photos, strain info, and even a frame.

Told the fellow I'm just testing phenos for breeding and don't need all the bells and whistles.
I asked for a simple email report with my strain codes and #s and THC CBD profiles.
So negotiated the price to $50 for a 10 sample min run.

Better to test for $50 than lose $1,000 in entry fees.

New bolt on knee is doing well.
Mowed a half acre on my riding mower today.
Feeling the pain now, but glad to be back in the drivers seat again.
Walking without crutches now, keep a cane with me for safety, but don't need it.

Feels like my old knee after a flare up, but knowing it's bionic makes me feel safer.
On the mend and loving the recent sunny weather.
Wooo Hooo

The amount of money they want per strain is a little crazy if you ask me. Thing is that I know that what I decide to keep around is good smoke. You are right that one should get some test done before putting down that kind of money.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Your Pop is no stranger to pain, sciatic nerve affects more area of your body than any other nerve.

Ya when I heard he was stumbling around a lot some days because his entire right leg would be completely numb I think it started to become a bit of an eye opener for him to get surgery. Think it was his first time seeing a doc in 5+ years heh.

More bugs today......
IMG_20140521_161102_484.jpg

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Nah... the worst with sciatic issues is when the nerves go haywire... its that half-asleep pins-and-needles in the bottom of one foot amplified by a thousand....

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sciatica is nasty shit.
My ruptured disc caused my left to go numb with a server throbbing pain from my buttock to the top of my foot.
No comfort in any position.
Luckily I clearly ruptured the disc so an MRI could show it.

So many of my friends and my wife have back issues that won't show a clear problem, yet suffer greatly.
If the Dr can't see it in black and white, they won't operate, leaving folks in chronic pain, and dependent on opiates.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
thats where I am minus the opiates... i refuse em.

unfortunately my father is against just about any drug so he refused everything. Stubborn jackass . He was open to trying weed for the pain, but there is the law (Iowa) and he is clean as a whistle in that regard . these weed laws are so much worse when it hits home eh?

Last edited:

3Deez

Sciatica is nasty shit.
My ruptured disc caused my left to go numb with a server throbbing pain from my buttock to the top of my foot.
No comfort in any position.
Luckily I clearly ruptured the disc so an MRI could show it.

So many of my friends and my wife have back issues that won't show a clear problem, yet suffer greatly.
If the Dr can't see it in black and white, they won't operate, leaving folks in chronic pain, and dependent on opiates.

Man, you hit that right on the head. I've had lower back issues since I was in my 20s. I'm 41 now and I've never had a clear diagnosis. X-ray, MRI, chiropractic help and even a pain clinic where I got a massage once a week (which I didn't mind one bit). I've been appealing my case with the VA for a while because it's a muscular thing and won't show up on any of the imaging systems so I get no real help for it.

This is where the stronger meds come into play for me. They don't kill the pain but they sure as heck make life much more bearable. That and daily stretching routine.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That and daily stretching routine.

I lived by stretching every morning.
Even at work, if my back started spasming, I found a place to lay flat and stretch for a couple minutes.
At night, spasms sneak up on me, first thing I do is stretch.

Most times, folks just can't keep the spasms from being too painful to stretch.
At this point, medication is needed to be able to stretch those atrophied muscles, but necessary to keep a guy going.

Luckily I got a garden to tend to, pain becomes secondary to necessity.
Kids still need to eat and drink.