What's new

minimal experience

cheers for the comments guys. the pll unit im getting is perfect simply because the ballast heat will keep the temps in grow chamber really toasty as i cant afford to be heating it and cooling it at the same time. pl-l is far better than cfl per watt/lumen from what i can see.
ive seen some immence grows with pl-l's aswell cfl can grow the dank pretty well :)
Back on topic, what size is your grow space? I ask because seeing as you know the lumens of your chosen bulb, it's best that you aim for around 2500 lumens per sq ft minimum for optimal growth.

Here's a link on lighting and other things cannabis:-
http://www.cannabis-seed-banks.com/cannabis-lighting.html

h 112,w 87,d 52 canvas dresser black. :) guna gut the inside and put mdf on all sides to create a box within the canvas it will just be a smoke and mirrors for people who are likely to snoop about myplace:)

oooh okay thankyou:) sorry about that rant. i was sorta stumped because i looked back on the posts and you was pretty much my main influence for what im doing :) apart from yours being a solid box and mine being a diy adventure im probably guna end up with cfl as the pl-l doesnt kick as much light as i would like. sorry again for the rant

h 112,w 87,d 52 canvas dresser black. :) guna gut the inside and put mdf on all sides to create a box within the canvas it will just be a smoke and mirrors for people who are likely to snoop about myplace:)
1st of all I'm not the troll here, bozo is! It would have been easier if you stated you measurements in inches or centimeters (I guess cm) but I'll still try and work with ya.

I done the sums and your width x length is around 2.9ft x 1.7ft, which is 4.93 sq ft. This would only give you 2,231lm per sq ft. (If using p ll lamps at 11,000 lumens. Doable, but NOT GOOD!)

PS. Fair enough Second Time. I'm not a micro man so I can't help you any further really so this will be my last post in your thread and I'm sorry it got trashed by bozo the gun waving main man for the micro projects, ain't that right bozo? ;)

PPS.
bozo what are you on about?...
Very good question because nobody knows except him! I bet he's been pm'ing you about me aswell lol. Sad guy huh? I'd just simply ignore his sad pm's btw if I were you, but if you wanna "buddy up with him" then be my guest. He's a nut job and a lonely man who likes cats, weed and "other things" btw, just to let you know:(

update. moving into a new place in the new year :) cannot wait finally getting out of the hostel i live in woop. major problems flat comes with absolutely nothing so my plans for growing have clearly been put on hold maybe for a month or 2 which is okay i guess as priority's have to be met. also gives me a while to get used to electric usage and tweaking of my final plans for growing. but that being said i will if spare money arrises buy new things for my cab and lights etc. chances are the first grow will be cfl due to budget . ima keep this thread open as its a reflection ofmy learning experience into all types of grows and i will post all the new things i do with the cab which im still getting first week i move in:p.

just an update on all i have researched. ive completly changed the grow op :D.
im ither going to be running led or a hps. the only worry with a 250w hps is that i may get caught using it due to the ballast electric spikes when turning on. i may be over thinking things i dont know any advice on this would be much appreciated