What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mills Nutrients Thread

pH problems anyone? I have been adding around 3ml per gallon cal mag and keep my Mills around 5ml AB 4ml R in veg. Ive noticed If I leave it in my res aerating, my pH will rise from 5.8 to 6.5 by the next day. Could it be from aerating it?

I used mills this past run and I wont be using them again, the buds were lacking in the smell department. Flavor is also lacking. I never went above 1000ppm in heavy flower. You'll need to supplement with calmag. Its a ok line,

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
pH problems anyone? I have been adding around 3ml per gallon cal mag and keep my Mills around 5ml AB 4ml R in veg. Ive noticed If I leave it in my res aerating, my pH will rise from 5.8 to 6.5 by the next day. Could it be from aerating it?

Are you using RO or tap water?

Kiefer

As a good friend owns a store, over the past year or so, I have been running different samples, including Mills. Mills are easy, and produce well. I added some sugars, and have very nice results with smell, taste, yield. In my experience, most systems take some time to get to know, but Mills is certainly a fine choice. I have a lot to play with, but I will be running Mills against a few tried and true favorites, and we will see what the side by side says. So far, it seems to hold its own against most, but each plant, grower, and experience is different. You may want to try subsituting some things here or there, but Mills will get the job done.

Kiefer

Mills was actually among the best i've recently sampled for pH. Hardly ever have to adjust.

Twister in Ore.

Weak stems

Weak stems

We are just finishing our first run with Mills. The colas on Lemon Skunk are so big they caved in due to small weak stems. Supported with several poles and twine spider-webbed. 8 week veg. and had its own 1000w. 1200-1400 ppm

Has anyone found this to be problem? I have started to using Pro-Tekt to get bigger stronger stems.

Organic farmer:
Im using Mills. Im running some 4x8x7 tents, gavitas in soil. Gorilla in them. Im in day 20 and this is the stinkiest, frostiest they have ever been. A little warning though, mills will definetly burn your shit. Im feeding lower that the lightest feeding schedule. If you in mendo go to hydropac...tell them mami sent you

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Organic farmer:
Im using Mills. Im running some 4x8x7 tents, gavitas in soil. Gorilla in them. Im in day 20 and this is the stinkiest, frostiest they have ever been. A little warning though, mills will definetly burn your shit. Im feeding lower that the lightest feeding schedule. If you in mendo go to hydropac...tell them mami sent you

I'm using Hydroponic Research Veg&Bloom now. I find I get more frost from the V&B over the Mills. The mills is quite easy but I find the V&B is more simple than the mills also. Just one powder all the way through.

sunshine247_365

Thought it was time to finally chime in. I started on Mills about 4 months ago... Finished another round with it last week. I'm blown away by my results. I've been on H&G for the last 2+ years and have gotten that pretty dialed in for DTW Coco. After my second side by side between Mills and H&G, I'm getting rid of my sea of green bottles and changing them all to the red Mills bottles- They're just that good.

In a 4800W side by side, the Mills room produced 29% more than the H&G room, had better aroma, structure, flavor, density, color, and overall appeal. On top of that, I calculated over 40% savings in cost.

Bigger yield, much higher quality, and lower cost?? I'm sold! It's been a good run Van de Zwaan, but we're through. It's not me, it's you.

Happy to answeer any questions about my experience with Mill. I am just now switching my veg room over to Mills, so I can only offer my knowledge regarding it in flower.

-42Degrees

Great feedback on the Mills line. I'm setting up a DTW coco garden now and considering all options for nutrient lines. May I ask if you still like the Mills line? Have you found anything which performs better in that set up? Also, did you end up incorporating any supplements outside of what that line offers? Any tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

CannaPatient

Great feedback on the Mills line. I'm setting up a DTW coco garden now and considering all options for nutrient lines. May I ask if you still like the Mills line? Have you found anything which performs better in that set up? Also, did you end up incorporating any supplements outside of what that line offers? Any tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I currently and have for a long time used the Mills line. It works very well for me and I consistently achieve 2+ per light of great quality herb with flavor and aroma.
I follow the Mills Feeding Chart but have made some changes and use a few other products. Below I explain when and how much I use.
For cookies I follow the Light Feed Chart and use the heavy feeding chart for varieties like Blue Dream.

My regime added to the reservoir in this order:

1) Mad Farmer Silica: I start at 1ml/gal in veg and by early to mid bloom I am using approx: 5ml/gal

2) General Hydroponics CaliMagic: 1ml/gal from beginning of veg to end of flower

3) Mills A/B: Depending on variety... lately I have been growing cookies I start w/ 4ml/gal at first watering then gradually increase each week. Usually by end of flower I am somewhere between 15-20ml/gal. ***Use a good ppm pen to check your concentration after all base and additives are added

4) Start-R: During veg I start at 2ml/gal first feeding and 4ml/gal every feeding after that. I STOP using Start-R before I set the lights to 12/12. I give them just water a day or two before I switch the lights to 12/12 This give them a chance to break down the remaining nitrogen from the start-r in the media.

FLIP 12/12

5) Mad Farmer MOAB: I use this at the rate of *** 1/4 TEASPOON PER 5 GALLONS! ***

*** Whatever my A&B is for the week I will cut in half! (Example: If at week 1 of flower I am using 10ml/gal of Mills A/B... Then I would use 5ml/gal while using MOAB the first week)

6) Mills C4: I begin using this week 1 of flower with the MOAB and Mills A/B. (I also use this at HALF the recommended amount. So instead of 8ml/gal I use 4ml/gal.) By week 2 I stop using MOAB and go back to Full strength Mills A/B + C4 which I use until Week 6.

7) Ultimate PK: I start this on week 6 of flower at the suggested rate of 8ml/gal.

8) I then check pH and adjust to 6.0 using Mad Farmer pH up/down.

9) Microbe Life Plus-C: I use this at the rate of 30ml/5gal

10) General Hydroponics FloraNectar Sugar Cane: 5ml/gal early veg and 10ml/gal for veg/bloom.

This is an easy recipe using cheap products that WILL get you 2lb/per light of some fire!

CannaPatient

This is a DTW Coco garden using Black Gold Waterhold. I forgot to mention I also use Mighty Wash until week 3 and Dr. Earth Go Gnats as root drench once a week 30ml/10gal, usually on the day I water. * FEED/FEED/FLUSH (WATER)

Mrgstack

First time using mills

First time using mills

I'm in the 3rd week of veg and just fed at 740 ppm. I'm using the light feed chart but I add some super thrive. Is this too high of ppm? I noticed some of the top growth was getting a lighter green. I'm growing in coco. Any advice would appreciated. Also is there any other nutes that is beneficial to use when using mills?

Mrgstack

I currently and have for a long time used the Mills line. It works very well for me and I consistently achieve 2+ per light of great quality herb with flavor and aroma.
I follow the Mills Feeding Chart but have made some changes and use a few other products. Below I explain when and how much I use.
For cookies I follow the Light Feed Chart and use the heavy feeding chart for varieties like Blue Dream.

My regime added to the reservoir in this order:

1) Mad Farmer Silica: I start at 1ml/gal in veg and by early to mid bloom I am using approx: 5ml/gal

2) General Hydroponics CaliMagic: 1ml/gal from beginning of veg to end of flower

3) Mills A/B: Depending on variety... lately I have been growing cookies I start w/ 4ml/gal at first watering then gradually increase each week. Usually by end of flower I am somewhere between 15-20ml/gal. ***Use a good ppm pen to check your concentration after all base and additives are added

4) Start-R: During veg I start at 2ml/gal first feeding and 4ml/gal every feeding after that. I STOP using Start-R before I set the lights to 12/12. I give them just water a day or two before I switch the lights to 12/12 This give them a chance to break down the remaining nitrogen from the start-r in the media.

FLIP 12/12

5) Mad Farmer MOAB: I use this at the rate of *** 1/4 TEASPOON PER 5 GALLONS! ***

*** Whatever my A&B is for the week I will cut in half! (Example: If at week 1 of flower I am using 10ml/gal of Mills A/B... Then I would use 5ml/gal while using MOAB the first week)

6) Mills C4: I begin using this week 1 of flower with the MOAB and Mills A/B. (I also use this at HALF the recommended amount. So instead of 8ml/gal I use 4ml/gal.) By week 2 I stop using MOAB and go back to Full strength Mills A/B + C4 which I use until Week 6.

7) Ultimate PK: I start this on week 6 of flower at the suggested rate of 8ml/gal.

8) I then check pH and adjust to 6.0 using Mad Farmer pH up/down.

9) Microbe Life Plus-C: I use this at the rate of 30ml/5gal

10) General Hydroponics FloraNectar Sugar Cane: 5ml/gal early veg and 10ml/gal for veg/bloom.

This is an easy recipe using cheap products that WILL get you 2lb/per light of some fire!

Would this work well with Gorilla glue 4 and also Death Star

Samadhi Farms

Mills

Mills

Hi guys, I have a 12,000w garden and I use mills in FFHF. I run the 'low' recommended dosage with nothing else and it does the job (i don't run C02, and I give them about 800 micromols/sf).
What feed regimen do you guys use for coco? I just started running another 16k watt garden and everything's in coco and I'm a bit lost. Who has had good results? Any help greatly appreciated!
Z