What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Millions of new universes created every second.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm still struggling to understand how light can be a wave and a particle at the same time. My tiny brain needs to parse that before I even get to dealing with this.
As for that other bloke in that other universe growing better weed than me - least he can do is bung some of the good stuff my way.

I would imagine a photon (whatever sub atomic particles it is composed of) vibrating (waving) at a given frequency.
The different frequencies determine the amount of energy they carry & therefore the color of light they produce.

Why do models of atoms look like models of planetary systems look like models of galaxys look like models of....?
Curious isn't it?

Anybody keeping up w the workings of CERN & Higgs Boson particle?

B

Baron Greenback

It is endlessly fascinating, just makes me realise what a fuckwit I really am. If they did this sort of thing at school there definitely would not be a dearth of scientific talent in the UK.
There's a mountain analogy there somewhere too, scale of perception or somesuch but I seem to have lost my train of thought :)

Cashew

When i drink Nanu the energy drink with extract from green coffee beans my nutsack produces trillions.