What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Millesime 2023 (show your homemade hash)

Hashislife

Hi everyone,
I create this post, so that everyone can show their homemade hash. charas (finger hash), dry, bubble ect...
if possible with description of taste, effect.
why not your way of consuming it, or what you are looking for in hash compared to weed.
to start I will present you my bubble hash that I have this week. I would make others as well as dry.

the first is a broad spectrum super Skunk hash, it was made with 225/180/25, 4 trims. I have grouped the first 3 qualities to make them easier to handle. the 4th I keep it apart, for the moment it is the only one I tasted with the 4th of my other bubble. Bottled pressed. the taste is earthy and a bit spicy, very close to an afghan. the high begins with a relatively euphoric high quickly followed by a very pleasant body high.
IMG_20230109_220554.jpg
IMG_20230109_223705.jpg

the second is a mix of ~90% Himalaya gold/killer kush + some psicodelicia and others. made under the same conditions as super skunk. it has a very sour taste with complex notes of candy and cake batter. Its effect is a longer lasting but less euphoric high, followed by a very powerful and relaxing body effect, ideal before sleeping.
IMG_20230110_005458.jpg
IMG_20230110_011120.jpg

I hope you like that my smoker friends:smokeit::greenstars::smoky:
Edit: I was forgetting a group pic🙈
IMG_20230111_200958.jpg

Last edited:

Dabbert Globberfield

Does this hash rosin count? freshly squozened

Edit: shit sorry, i looked back up at the op and theres like so much info... ok um, here i go.

So what we have here is a squishening of some flower from dispo. It is the first part of a 3 part squish. This is 10g of an oz squish(this is why 3 part, I do 2x 10g squish and 1x 8g squish) through a 160micron bag using a rosin press (I won't name the name of because I dislike the manufacturer but it still squishes nice).

I probably pressed this around 195-205, as that's where I usually land for dispo bud. As you can see, it was easy to collect. The trick to getting a huge glob like that is to fold the paper back on it self and pull apart like a bandaid so the rosin that's on one part of the paper sticks to the other side and is stuck together. Then big one pieces like this can be plucked out.

squish.jpg
squash.jpg

Last edited:

Hashislife

I'm not going to be a killjoy xD oils are accepted 🙈 even if it would be nice to favor "solid" extracts. your rosin looks excellent, I'm drooling🤤
you use a 160 bag from weed? personally when I make Rosin, I make it from hash pressed on 25mic. which do you think is the best? (I haven't done a lot of rosin yet, at best 10gr over several years🙈 but I want to improve my technique)

Dabbert Globberfield

Ok, cool.... coool....

Yep, as for the pressing, I used 160micron bag. It's dispo flower, so I wasn't going to be breaking out the good sheets.

For flower I don't usually go under 90 micron. But I do have 160/90/75 bags to use. It really depends on how I'm feeling. But 160micron is good for me when I don't know the material. Then as I become more familiar, and if I like it enough, we'll jump down a micron size. But I feel like I'll lose more as more gets trapped in the bag weavings.

I've never had the pleasure or opportunity to squish any kief, sift, bubble, etc. I will soon tho.... :) But I have 25micron and 37micron bags waiting for that.

But if you like "solid", I happen to have just pressed some of the most stable rock hard shatter rosin that I have ever pressed. I mean like these are little stones that would cause a serious bump if you had it thrown at your head. It was actually the first time I had to use a warm plate to collect, cause it pressed out like shatter-- from super super dry dust dispo weed. I didn't rehydrate like I always do. I have more of the same bud rehydrating currently. So I will be very curious to see the difference. Cause at this point it's been rehydrating 11 days and the below pictures are from day one out of the dispo packaging and right to the press.

It's not the most flavorful(terps were only 1% on bag test), but it slams hard with a peppery front note. Also, the oz was 75 out the door, so it is what it is.

dusty diamond dalls drops.jpg

Rock hard, couldn't even form it really after pressing and collection

shatter splinters 2.jpg

Sharp shattery rosin shards. I literally was using a chisel** on these to split iceberg dabs off. You can see how they split sharp and straight.
**the other side of my dabber has a chisel like thing, so I tapped while it was resting on the rosin and it would split like a precious stone after the shocktap

dusty old bones.jpg

But doing that made a lot of dab dust.

I dislike working with rosin of this consistency, not because of any other reason that it's hard to get dabs. I dislike struggling getting a dab. Same thing with too liquidy. Like how am I supposed to get into the bucket, a straw? lol

Hashislife

Ok, cool.... coool....

Yep, as for the pressing, I used 160micron bag. It's dispo flower, so I wasn't going to be breaking out the good sheets.

For flower I don't usually go under 90 micron. But I do have 160/90/75 bags to use. It really depends on how I'm feeling. But 160micron is good for me when I don't know the material. Then as I become more familiar, and if I like it enough, we'll jump down a micron size. But I feel like I'll lose more as more gets trapped in the bag weavings.

I've never had the pleasure or opportunity to squish any kief, sift, bubble, etc. I will soon tho.... :) But I have 25micron and 37micron bags waiting for that.

But if you like "solid", I happen to have just pressed some of the most stable rock hard shatter rosin that I have ever pressed. I mean like these are little stones that would cause a serious bump if you had it thrown at your head. It was actually the first time I had to use a warm plate to collect, cause it pressed out like shatter-- from super super dry dust dispo weed. I didn't rehydrate like I always do. I have more of the same bud rehydrating currently. So I will be very curious to see the difference. Cause at this point it's been rehydrating 11 days and the below pictures are from day one out of the dispo packaging and right to the press.

It's not the most flavorful(terps were only 1% on bag test), but it slams hard with a peppery front note. Also, the oz was 75 out the door, so it is what it is.

View attachment 18803540
Rock hard, couldn't even form it really after pressing and collection

View attachment 18803542
Sharp shattery rosin shards. I literally was using a chisel** on these to split iceberg dabs off. You can see how they split sharp and straight.
**the other side of my dabber has a chisel like thing, so I tapped while it was resting on the rosin and it would split like a precious stone after the shocktap

View attachment 18803541
But doing that made a lot of dab dust.

I dislike working with rosin of this consistency, not because of any other reason that it's hard to get dabs. I dislike struggling getting a dab. Same thing with too liquidy. Like how am I supposed to get into the bucket, a straw? lol
I find your rosin magnificent, and very interesting, especially since subjectively, I find rosin the best form of "oil". for the Hash it depends on your tastes and modes of consumption I think. if you are a smoker rather than a dabber, chances are you prefer a good hash😉🤤
How it is this?
I have never consumed an extract so young.🙈

Dabbert Globberfield

Wooo! I tend to agree with your subjective findings. So here's to that. It's interesting how many different types of hash or concentrates have their own specialized tool or method to consume it most efficiently and enjoyably. Because this, in addition to the quality material, is part of the experience and adds or takes from liking a particular style. I personally enjoy rosins in an oil rig with a bucket in a bucket system that is heated with a coil.

As for how it was?? :D ;) It was one of the stranger smoking experiences I've had, but not for the effect, per se. Like it was almost completely odorless as rosin. It only smelled of fresh baby weed/plant, but very lightly. When I vaped it at 469, my standard temp, in my rig with pelinail there was no flavor at all to the hit.

The hit was super light and airy. It felt thinner, less dense, going in than what the cloud looked like coming out. It clouded big and normal for this temp, still felt like nothing though. As for the effect, it was weird. I felt it in my jaw a lot, like the back part under where wisdom teeth are/were and behind my eyes.

These are uncommon sensation for me so I knew it was from this. I remember at one point pacing and laughing a good amount. But really I was also laughing at doing this. Cause I mean... who does this? lololol I was just so pleased with myself that it worked so well, really. Hah! I'm thinking since it did.... next time will be a much lower micron size.

I split this little amount into 3 dabs. The 2nd time, I mixed it with another dab and was pleased. I still have one left. It had cured into something like if hot glue was crumbly when dug into. I'll probably dab it soon.

Was it worth it? I mean, yea. it was fun. everything about it. so yea. I'll tell you this, I definitely am putting aside everything like those sucker branches from now on to hang out in a paper bag until there's enough. Like, I have a few more things cookin for some real early life cycle waste-not-want-not experiments.

For now, here's a smorgsquishboard platter of normal rosins. That goldilocks middle zone, compared to my other posts lol. These are 4 different strains. There was a local dispensary that had a deal for mix and match at the same price I got zips for. So I got 4x 1/4oz.

Those bottom turd looking guys are the 2nd pressings. Don't worry about those guys. These were right after pressing and whipping prior to curing and all that . And I say curing like it's some special process. I just suction the lids on these guys. I still dab out of em, but just resuction.

squish smorgsquishboard platter.jpg

Hashislife

Wooo! I tend to agree with your subjective findings. So here's to that. It's interesting how many different types of hash or concentrates have their own specialized tool or method to consume it most efficiently and enjoyably. Because this, in addition to the quality material, is part of the experience and adds or takes from liking a particular style. I personally enjoy rosins in an oil rig with a bucket in a bucket system that is heated with a coil.

As for how it was?? :D ;) It was one of the stranger smoking experiences I've had, but not for the effect, per se. Like it was almost completely odorless as rosin. It only smelled of fresh baby weed/plant, but very lightly. When I vaped it at 469, my standard temp, in my rig with pelinail there was no flavor at all to the hit.

The hit was super light and airy. It felt thinner, less dense, going in than what the cloud looked like coming out. It clouded big and normal for this temp, still felt like nothing though. As for the effect, it was weird. I felt it in my jaw a lot, like the back part under where wisdom teeth are/were and behind my eyes.

These are uncommon sensation for me so I knew it was from this. I remember at one point pacing and laughing a good amount. But really I was also laughing at doing this. Cause I mean... who does this? lololol I was just so pleased with myself that it worked so well, really. Hah! I'm thinking since it did.... next time will be a much lower micron size.

I split this little amount into 3 dabs. The 2nd time, I mixed it with another dab and was pleased. I still have one left. It had cured into something like if hot glue was crumbly when dug into. I'll probably dab it soon.

Was it worth it? I mean, yea. it was fun. everything about it. so yea. I'll tell you this, I definitely am putting aside everything like those sucker branches from now on to hang out in a paper bag until there's enough. Like, I have a few more things cookin for some real early life cycle waste-not-want-not experiments.

For now, here's a smorgsquishboard platter of normal rosins. That goldilocks middle zone, compared to my other posts lol. These are 4 different strains. There was a local dispensary that had a deal for mix and match at the same price I got zips for. So I got 4x 1/4oz.

Those bottom turd looking guys are the 2nd pressings. Don't worry about those guys. These were right after pressing and whipping prior to curing and all that . And I say curing like it's some special process. I just suction the lids on these guys. I still dab out of em, but just resuction.

View attachment 18804501
very interesting experience that you describe to me, at least you felt a few things. it's funny, the effect you describe in the jawline has sometimes happened to me, each time it was while smoking weed which took less than a week to dry. I've always equated this with a possible excess of chlorophyll, but maybe I'm wrong.
A couple chunks of some fine hash concoction something or other! Bubble hash temple balls? Not sure what to call it...
temple ball I don't know, but it looks excellent, especially the black one which seems to have received a good phase of hardening 🤤🤤🤤🤤 what is the configuration of your bags?
your smoke test?

Hashislife

Hi friends,
here is my new dry-screened, 150 mic. I used psychodelicia to do this.
the taste is very kush with very interesting spicy/pepper notes. the high is extremely psychedelic, it is better not to have anything intellectual planned afterwards, watching a movie or listening to music would be better.
IMG_20230128_233654.jpg

IMG_20230128_235302.jpg
IMG_20230129_000337.jpg
IMG_20230129_001412.jpg

Sam-i-am

I used the largest and second largest bags for contaminant collection then the 90, 73, 45 bags for hash collection. After that i ran the wash water through the 25 bag and used that for edibles. I am new to making hash but damn its some good stuff...the blacker ball was my first ever run and i do believe it could be dabbed (even though i dont do dabs) but it melts fully and is quite potent.
Smoking provides a dreamy like state that is just kind of doh - di - doh...i am not getting much done today...

Hashislife

I used the largest and second largest bags for contaminant collection then the 90, 73, 45 bags for hash collection. After that i ran the wash water through the 25 bag and used that for edibles. I am new to making hash but damn its some good stuff...the blacker ball was my first ever run and i do believe it could be dabbed (even though i dont do dabs) but it melts fully and is quite potent.
Smoking provides a dreamy like state that is just kind of doh - di - doh...i am not getting much done today...
it's nice to see, actually the black looks very good. what variety did you use?
I hope you will regale us with new photos soon. :smoky: :smoke::joint:

BrassNwood

Veteran
1675045505696.jpeg

Hashmaster 5000
10 pounds of Dry Ice and a 5 gallon bucket of buds

1675045617070.jpeg

Works really well for making these with.

Hashislife

View attachment 18806444

Hashmaster 5000
10 pounds of Dry Ice and a 5 gallon bucket of buds

View attachment 18806445
Works really well for making these with.
your hash looks excellent, I've always dreamed of working with such quantities. mostly dry ice, but I live too far from civilization to bring it myself 😂😂😂😂😂 what variety did you use?
I took a quick look at your culinary recipes, it looks extremely good, interesting to see that you use coconut oil, in Spain they use more olive oil or butter to make a Marrakesh butter and mix it in most dishes. Does the coconut have an advantage, or is it for the taste?

BrassNwood

Veteran
your hash looks excellent, I've always dreamed of working with such quantities. mostly dry ice, but I live too far from civilization to bring it myself 😂😂😂😂😂 what variety did you use?
I took a quick look at your culinary recipes, it looks extremely good, interesting to see that you use coconut oil, in Spain they use more olive oil or butter to make a Marrakesh butter and mix it in most dishes. Does the coconut have an advantage, or is it for the taste?
All the strains shake out as a spicy cinnamon smell is best I can describe it. I grow what clones or seeds other area growers gift or trade me for. Since I don't care they do all the $$$ seed buying so I don't have to.

All cooking oils save one take a full 2 hours to get from your mouth to your Liver. Only Coconut Oil does it in 45 minutes. Speed of onset is why you see it used so much. However it is also a great natural Laxative so we have a good reason to make small very concentrated batches.

Refined Coconut Oil like the brand I use (LouAna) has no smell or taste. This lets the delicate flavor of the Hash-Kief shine through. I let the capsules melt in my mouth as they are tasty as can be. Organic, Cold pressed Coconut Oil will smell and taste of Coconuts.

BadKat was still active when I found her threads a decade ago so I got some first hand tutelage on making her Oil.
The most important thing she stressed was her high ratio of Lecithin to Oil. It makes such a huge difference.

Sam-i-am

I used MANY strains in my hash production.
Cherry Shylock - sunleaf seeds - by far was the best yielder
I-95, sour super skunk, legend haze, sour diesel bx4, hazelnut piff - top dawg
Debo - bred by 42
There may have been one more that I can not remember.
There was two cherry shylock phenos and one smelled of banana bread and the other smelled of cherry chap stick.
I at times wish I would have kept them seperate but the hash salad is nice!

Hashislife

All the strains shake out as a spicy cinnamon smell is best I can describe it. I grow what clones or seeds other area growers gift or trade me for. Since I don't care they do all the $$$ seed buying so I don't have to.

All cooking oils save one take a full 2 hours to get from your mouth to your Liver. Only Coconut Oil does it in 45 minutes. Speed of onset is why you see it used so much. However it is also a great natural Laxative so we have a good reason to make small very concentrated batches.

Refined Coconut Oil like the brand I use (LouAna) has no smell or taste. This lets the delicate flavor of the Hash-Kief shine through. I let the capsules melt in my mouth as they are tasty as can be. Organic, Cold pressed Coconut Oil will smell and taste of Coconuts.

BadKat was still active when I found her threads a decade ago so I got some first hand tutelage on making her Oil.
The most important thing she stressed was her high ratio of Lecithin to Oil. It makes such a huge difference.
Sorry for not having answered before, thanks for the explanation on coconut oil, before I let it macerate in olive oil for two weeks (or boiled in butter), your method greatly speeds up the process, everything being more efficient.
can you explain to me the effects of lecithin mixed with cannabis?
I used MANY strains in my hash production.
Cherry Shylock - sunleaf seeds - by far was the best yielder
I-95, sour super skunk, legend haze, sour diesel bx4, hazelnut piff - top dawg
Debo - bred by 42
There may have been one more that I can not remember.
There was two cherry shylock phenos and one smelled of banana bread and the other smelled of cherry chap stick.
I at times wish I would have kept them seperate but the hash salad is nice!
a good mix is always interesting, but I agree with you, separated can be great too, especially with such interesting strains.😍

Hashislife

Well, i wrecked my day before i even got moving. This snaked joint of headband with the black ball hash pictured above has got me in a state of.....something...lol...heres to a lazy few hours!
Look a good morning 😆😂 what is the weed do you have use for smoking the joint with the hash? If you are stone and don't want it, cafein and energy drink are you friends 😉😂

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts