What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mikado x Sourbubble speaker grow

q3corn

Looks great!

I'm not sure if those are seeds, I've definitely had some buds that looked seeded the whole way through, but were just fat stacks of bracts :joint:

PCBuds

A few free seeds is a good thing if your bud quality doesn't suffer.

I got over 170 seeds from my last plant but the weed tastes great and it gets me stoned.

I didn't have to let my plant die to get viable seeds but I'm switching to Autoflowers to help avoid the hermied plants.

(my closet if full if light leaks.)

Swanson

Screenshot_20200502-113132.jpg
Switched in an old 25W 2700k CFL. Was getting some light bleaching right under the purple unit. They were getting close and didn't want to break anymore of these branches. easy to break branches on this strain.

Swanson

week 6
Screenshot_20200508-091715.jpg

Screenshot_20200508-091731.jpg

Screenshot_20200508-091851.jpg

mini box
One of my Krakken decided to hermi in here so I guess I am doing a feminized seed run of that which is cool.
Screenshot_20200508-091918.jpg

Screenshot_20200508-091931.jpg

Swanson

Screenshot_20200510-102048.jpg
Decided to move the non hermied Krakken (right) outside with my volunteer seedling (left) to be force flowered. Potted it up in pure coco. I live in a fairly wet mold prone area but force flowered or autos do well. Looking forward to mid summer finish on these. :biggrin:

Swanson

week 7
Screenshot_20200514-122437.jpg
Starting to plump up. Big calyx with thick hairs. Lost almost all its fan leaves already. Lots of cloudy trichs already. Looks like day 65ish for harvest. Similar to it's ancestors, maybe slightly quicker. Planning on taking an early sample nug next week. :)

Swanson

Screenshot_20200521-073941.jpg
Smells great, hard buds. Cloudy with some amber trichs. Good enough. Taken at day 55, cool strain. Oddly enough it is faster than either of it's parents.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Looks great but a tip for you, hermie plants make hermie seeds. They do not make feminized seeds.

You need to reverse a true female if you want feminized seeds.

Swanson

Looks great but a tip for you, hermie plants make hermie seeds. They do not make feminized seeds.

You need to reverse a true female if you want feminized seeds.
Wow thanks. Did not know this. Thought it just carried the trait and some would.

Swanson

I've given this some thought and I think I recall stress induced female with some balls producing fem seeds. Hard to remember all my projects at this point in life. Anyone older and wiser on this matter care to chime in?

TyroneShoelace

Hey Swanson!

In the early 2000's some people were using that technique to create Fem seeds. Soma called it "Rodelization" and used it commercially. It appears to have fallen out of favor because stress-induced F to M plants are likely to pass that same stress-induced-intersex trait on to their offspring. So while you will get "females", it's more likely that some will flip on you if you look at them funny.

ICGA

View attachment 12990291

View attachment 12990292
Updated double stacked mom speaker fitted with 14W 6500k LED, mini noctua exhaust fan .. going to start keeping a couple moms. Plenty of height there now. Soaking 2 blueberry x Mikado Bx for finding a mom using seed sexing method. Planning on a mono crop from clone of that cross next. I have a couple stragglers flowering that still need a month so I should have time to get some cuts ready without much downtime.
Recently picked some Mikado bx up my self. Pretty sure the seed sexing thing is fake tho. Does the original Mikado you had have a grapefruit taste or any sourdiesil flavor?

ICGA

View attachment 12992801
First sample of the first one taken down. Vapes nicely and has a great almost psychedelic buzz that seems to be fading into some sedation. Pretty impressed!
Is this the Mikado bx X blueberry indica or the Mikado bx X LA confidential or something else? Looks dank especially for that set up. Lots of resin.