What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MIGRO 600 - Unboxing, Setup, Impressions

HalfArsedFarmer

Thanks for the bit of info on the Migro lights RB56.

I’m looking at the 300 myself at the current moment, working out the cost of 8 years of bulbs as the initial lay out is high.

I have seen very few grow using these lights & having a “review” as it were by someone with no skin in the game has eased my path somewhat.

A couple of questions if you don’t mind.

I’d love to know has your finished bud changed for the better?
Do you notice a difference in the power consumption too?

Sorry for all questions but I’m sure you can understand my eagerness for answers that don’t come from the guy selling it.

Many thanks HalfArsed…..

RB56

Veteran
Thanks for the bit of info on the Migro lights RB56.

I’m looking at the 300 myself at the current moment, working out the cost of 8 years of bulbs as the initial lay out is high.

I have seen very few grow using these lights & having a “review” as it were by someone with no skin in the game has eased my path somewhat.

A couple of questions if you don’t mind.

I’d love to know has your finished bud changed for the better?
Do you notice a difference in the power consumption too?
I moved from LED to LED. Started with a big Advanced LED fixture. Very nice light, but probably better as part of a bank in a really big grow. Very hot in the center. Anything less than 3 feet to the plants and I got bleaching. Ended up mounting the Advanced light to the ceiling in the veg room. This has worked wonderfully well. Veg plants very healthy and lots of room between the lights and canopies to work on the plants. Probably wasteful, but I love it.

Flower room went from two MH 400 watters to the Advanced light to the Migro. Veg went from 2 4x4 foot t%s to the advanced. Definitely using less juice in this configuration. My entire grow runs off 2 15 Amp circuits. Used to be marginal. If I plugged a shop vac into the flower room circuit when the lights were on, the circuit popped. No problem now and I've added more fans, a misting humidifier and pumps for a reservoir in each room.

No real difference in bug quality but a huge increase in yield, since I started scrogging with LED.

Much less heat to deal with. Because each fixture is aimable, you can really maximize light hitting the canopy, keeping it off the walls. I used to have hanging reflectors all around the canopy. Don't need them with either LED.

Sorry for all questions but I’m sure you can understand my eagerness for answers that don’t come from the guy selling it.

Many thanks HalfArsed…..
I found the guy selling them to be very helpful and straightforward. I'd feel pretty confident with his answers.

Can't think of any negatives with MIGROW. Perfect solution for the small grower.

HalfArsedFarmer

Thanks for getting back so quick RB.

I actually live in Ireland and was thinking of driving to his work shop but it's a bit of a trek for me.
What kind of distances from the with the Migro are we talking in flower & veg?

I see the grow show he has linked on his page & the guys lights look about a foot away but it's hard to tell when looking at photos.

I'll be moving from a 600W MH/HPS 20 plus years of these lights in a set up in a 1.3M room running a 5" intake & an RVK extraction which can get hot to say the least in the summer so I'm looking forward to the passive cooling.

Power isn't cheap here second most expensive in the EU, 2 months of running a 600W on 12/12 adds about €150-€180 to my bill.

Once again thanks for you help...

HalfArsedFarmer

Ahh, just downloaded the manual for the lights & it says 14" from the canopy.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this but for anyone else interested in these lights it kind of does show that they are well made kit.

https://www.migrolight.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/MIGRO-300-400-600-manual.pdf

I was originally looking at a GN telos 10 but they don't use COB & from everything I read COB is by far the better option, they're also a box unit too. I have seen a lot of good grows from these lights but for the extra €100 I think the Migro takes it.

RB56

Veteran
I'd been in Dublin a few weeks before learning about Migro and wished I'd known about him when I was there to arrange a visit. I chuckled at first when you described the trip as a trek - by US standards, nowhere in Ireland is too far from anywhere else, but my God, if I never again drive on a one lane road running along a cliff, it will be too soon. Trek it may well be.

HalfArsedFarmer

Having driven in the US I can attest to the fact roads are shall we say risky in certain areas of this little island.

What I will say is that the odd life risking corner does make the journey a little more interesting compared to the mile pounding straights I’ve driven in the US.

I made the mistake of driving from San Diego to Vegas once, most boring drive I have ever undertook.

I think I will run my next round with the old set up then take the plunge.

Cheers for info it's gold.