What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

might be some good college hoops today !

CharlesU Farley

Duke, NC State and Clemson made it in! At the start of this, I thought that's how many SEC teams would get in. Being born and raised in Kentucky, I'm a SEC kind of guy but living here in ACC territory, this ain't so bad. Tennessee got in, so at least _one_ SEC teammade it to the Elite Eight.

It is easier for this Kentucky boy to root for the Volunteers than it is to root for them damn Hoosiers. :ROFLMAO: :LOL:😂

armedoldhippy

Veteran
and another #1 bites the dust! Houston going home now. they don't call it "March Madness" for nothing! my Vols got by Creighton tonight, now they will be up against Edey and Purdue in the Elite Eight. :eek: how do you deal with someone like that, other than hope he has a bad night? do you go at him repeatedly & try to get him in foul trouble or ??? or let him have his 30 & try to shut the rest of the team down ? Duke still slaying giants, NC State still with us, and the Fighting Illini too! :groupwave:

buzzmobile

Veteran
I had a wild hair pick with Alabama over the Heels, but I also picked Marquette for Final Four.
Always a lot of surprises...like the Volunteers and NC State.

CharlesU Farley

Alabama and UT on opposite sides of the bracket. that would be fun to watch in my opinion...Vols beat them twice in SEC play, but that is no sure thing in the Big Dance...:shucks::smoke:
Forgot about the Tide! Ever since Nick Saban became their football coach, they've been dead to me. o_O

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Forgot about the Tide! Ever since Nick Saban became their football coach, they've been dead to me. o_O
Saban won, which was why they hired him. but, even with his rings, The Bear is still more beloved to the old-school faithful. NC State has to face Duke again, the team they had to beat to get INTO the Big Dance. now, it's to get to the Final Four. :chin: my Vols played Purdue earlier this year in Maui, lost by 4 there. to get by Zach & Company, UT might need a career night from Jonas Aidoo, a power forward and Knect as usual. the Vols don't HAVE a center on their team, not really. :shucks:

CharlesU Farley

Saban won, which was why they hired him. but, even with his rings, The Bear is still more beloved to the old-school faithful. NC State has to face Duke again, the team they had to beat to get INTO the Big Dance. now, it's to get to the Final Four. :chin: my Vols played Purdue earlier this year in Maui, lost by 4 there. to get by Zach & Company, UT might need a career night from Jonas Aidoo, a power forward and Knect as usual. the Vols don't HAVE a center on their team, not really. :shucks:
(y)

Legalcdn

Uconn keep rolling. I don't think Illinois have enough to beat them.

Bama look good but Clemson are consistently good.

Duke looks better than NC State but State is running on emotional fuel.

Purdue is a class above but Tennessee are tough enough to match them.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Purdue pulled away in the last 4 minutes. good game though. Edey had career highs, and only one foul called on him :)dunno:), and over a dozen called on whoever was guarding him. Aidoo had a "career" night, but one he would rather not dwell on. if he scored at all. i didn't see it, and if he did anything about Edey, it was get him to the free throw line. Knect had a great game, but Boilermakers D kept him in check the last few minutes, really locked down. respect for that. hard to deal with a mobile 7 ft plus guy that never gets a whistle for an offensive foul no matter how many people get shoved out of the way.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Purdue pulled away in the last 4 minutes. good game though. Edey had career highs, and only one foul called on him :)dunno:), and over a dozen called on whoever was guarding him. Aidoo had a "career" night, but one he would rather not dwell on. if he scored at all. i didn't see it, and if he did anything about Edey, it was get him to the free throw line. Knect had a great game, but Boilermakers D kept him in check the last few minutes, really locked down. respect for that. hard to deal with a mobile 7 ft plus guy that never gets a whistle for an offensive foul no matter how many people get shoved out of the way.
Yes I just watched the Purdue Tennessee game it was pretty good that guy Eno or ego or ego whatever his name is he's he led the country in scoring and now he's in the final four he's the guy in Purdue. Tennessee got beat man that sucks connect was really good.

CharlesU Farley

I thought the exact same thing on the officiating, sometimes I just wish they'd 'em play the game. I don't know if any team is going to have an answer for that big fuck from Purdue, he just overpowers everybody.

I am happy :) , Harley is not :(, NC State beat Duke.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I am happy :) , Harley is not :(, NC State beat Duke.
i'm happy too! i'd like to see 'bama or NC State win it, out of those still playing. i like underdogs... :good: :cool: the U of Con and Purdue can go suck mud off of rocks... be fun to watch Edey try to push DJ Burns around. he'll be 7 inches taller, but i bet Burns can move him around. refs will prob help Edey out though, they have all tournament long. he gets to shove folks around with no whistles to stop him.

Legalcdn

It was a great game. Clarke is a bit of a whiner. Reese cries about hardship she has endured over the year. Yet she trash talks with the best of them.

The elite athletes are made of glass at times. The shit i dealt with at US collegiate level as a Canadian was fun. The trash talking, elbows, fan hate were good memories.

Back to game, uconn and Iowa will be a good game also.

Legalcdn

Good one. They all did.. i remember anthony peeler at MIZZOU taking kickbacks from car dealers when I was in Missouri.

Shaq was a force, horrible free throws.

CharlesU Farley

Good one. They all did.. i remember anthony peeler at MIZZOU taking kickbacks from car dealers when I was in Missouri.

Shaq was a force, horrible free throws.
Don't even get me started about the Fab Five. ;)

Were they really that fabulous? They never won a NCAA championship or even the Big Ten title. I can name several years of Kentucky Wildcat teams that were better than them. Not to mention UCLA, who had more pure talent than any university ever and indisputably, the best collegiate coach ever. Come to think of it, they didn't do real good against North Carolina teams when it came championship time either. :LOL: 😂🤣

Legalcdn

Fab five, what hype they were given. I feel let down almost every year with Kentucky. I still like them but the talent does not merge together to become a great team. They are due for a new coach.