What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

might be some good college hoops today !

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i just now realized that my Vols are going into Rupp Arena today for a "meet and greet" with the Kentucky Wildcats ! how have i not seen this before ? now i gotta make ANOTHER trip to the grocery store... this is a game where rankings etc frequently get tossed out the window, motivation rules!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
103-92, with the Vols hanging in there. pinning a hundred on ol' Kentuck at home looked good, but their defensive goal is to hold opponents to around 70....they failed by that metric, lol. i am impressed with their defense, wish the football team was that dedicated on D.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
WOW! Texas A&M beat the Vols by 15 or 17 a week or so ago, and took a biblical ass-whooping tonight in Knoxville! 86-51...i watched the previous game too. those poor fellows couldn't have thrown a rock in the ocean if they were standing waist deep in the surf that night. Kentucky beat down 'bama something awful last night as well. i did NOT expect that...:oops: March Madness is nearly here!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Bruce Pearl and his Auburn Tigers gave the Vols all they wanted and a bit more last night. UT pulled away in the last 8 minutes or so behind Dalton Knechts 3-point assault. he scored 39 of UTs 92 points. the Vols next three games are all against top 25 SEC teams. Auburn was ranked 11th...next up are 'bama, South Carolina and Kentucky.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
UT pulled away in the final minutes tonight to a win over SC in Columbia. Dalton Knecht played well against a fast and aggressive defense. he can expect MORE pressure coming up...Kentucky comes to Knoxville Saturday...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
UT ran into a buzzsaw today. Kentucky damn near choked and gave it away at the end, but prevailed. i think UT pissed them off by putting a 100 points on the board in Lexington, lol. Vols kept going down by 10 or 14, and coming back to within three or four, but missed a couple at the end that sealed KYs win. SEC tournament is gonna be vicious! can't wait !

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the Iowa girls pulled it out in OT today, nipping Nebraska. Caitlin Clark started slow, only had 4 points in first half, then blew up in second, scoring thirty ! she shoots many of her shots from WAY behind the 3 point line...:oops:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
dang, Big Orange got ass kicked again! second time this year Miss State whipped them. sounds like somebody wants it more... :( edit- got knocked down from a 1 seed to a 2 seed for all of the "effort" expended.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
SEC having "issues" at The Big Dance. Kentucky out :)oops:) to a team i thought was from Cali, but was actually from the UP on Michigan (sorry, guys), Auburn lost to Yale (a noted basketball powerhouse), SC, Mississippi State, and Florida all rolled over as well. Tennessee got past Texas in spite of Dalton Knechts sub-par outing, as well as the entire team shooting nearly not squat from 3 point range. thank God their defense held up, and Jonas Aidoo & Knecht hit free throws at the ends. :bow: i was not impressed with the officiating looking at it from ANY direction, either. both teams had legitimate complaints. :dunno:

CharlesU Farley

SEC having "issues" at The Big Dance. Kentucky out :)oops:) to a team i thought was from Cali, but was actually from the UP on Michigan (sorry, guys), Auburn lost to Yale (a noted basketball powerhouse), SC, Mississippi State, and Florida all rolled over as well. Tennessee got past Texas in spite of Dalton Knechts sub-par outing, as well as the entire team shooting nearly not squat from 3 point range. thank God their defense held up, and Jonas Aidoo & Knecht hit free throws at the ends. :bow: i was not impressed with the officiating looking at it from ANY direction, either. both teams had legitimate complaints. :dunno:
Just just now discovered this thread! Since I born and raised in Kentucky, I'm sure you have a pretty good idea how I feel. 😡 I've never seen the SEC get fucking decimated like this tournament.

Even though I live in ACC territory, and like a lot of the teams, I still bleed Blue... and red for "Lul'vull" of course.

Not much to root for this year, but I'm still watching... until the Volunteers, Razorbacks, Tar Heels, Clemson and Duke get eliminated.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Something tells me you're a Volunteer fan?
guilty as charged, your Honor. :tiphat: but UT fans have had little reason to be enthusiastic about the Big Dance over the years, unlike the Kentucky Faithful. they have (and SHOULD have) reason to believe that things will get better. Duke f'n hammered James Madison today, ending the nations longest winning streak in the process. Purdue looked tough today as well. when their big man has a good day, the other teams day seems to pretty well suck. Zach Edey is...almost not fair, in college ball. i wonder how well his talents will transfer over to the NBA...:unsure: 7'4", 300 lbs...

CharlesU Farley

guilty as charged, your Honor. :tiphat: but UT fans have had little reason to be enthusiastic about the Big Dance over the years, unlike the Kentucky Faithful. they have (and SHOULD have) reason to believe that things will get better. Duke f'n hammered James Madison today, ending the nations longest winning streak in the process. Purdue looked tough today as well. when their big man has a good day, the other teams day seems to pretty well suck. Zach Edey is...almost not fair, in college ball. i wonder how well his talents will transfer over to the NBA...:unsure: 7'4", 300 lbs...
If we still had the Like icon, that would have got a Love outta me. ;)

7'4" and 300, I think Zion out of Duke was about that size, probably not that tall. Things ain't working out real good for him right now. Got a push back some of that food, looks like he's got biscuit poisoning. :ROFLMAO:

Harley Farley is a Duke fan, I am not.o_O

buzzmobile

Veteran
I would like to apologize for the teams from the Sunshine state. That is all.

I have Alabama, Marquette, Purdue and UConn in the final four. I despise the SEC hype but I will say for a couple more games, "Roll Tide!" LOL There have been some wild games as usual so far.

CharlesU Farley

It won't take long, this just isn't going to be the year basketball for me. Just looking for some close games, Harley just now said Go Duke! :ROFLMAO:

Legalcdn

Purdue look good. Vols are in a tough game against Creighton. If ticket prices go down a little bit, i will tomorrow to detroit to watch.

Not sure Illinois will get past Iowa St.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Hell froze over last night! Alabama sent #1 seed North Carolina home last night with some timely defense and rebounding. if they keep that up, they'll be hard to beat... it was a great game to watch with no dog in the fight myself.:D:good: Purdue is near unbeatable if Zach Edey is having a good night...:dunno: