What's new

midwest growers unite

dixbutler

That is a pretty pic. It looks like spring flowers. I'm not much of a flower guy, but I'd take a bouquet of those any day. I'll have to lobby the wife. I'll get her roses if she gets me buds like that.

dixbutler

Just planted 4 more skunk. What are you indoor guys using to move air. I've got these dayton blowers, that I thought would move plenty of air, but I still seem to be running hot in the box even with T12s. I'm not burning or wilting my plants now, but when I open her up, I can feel the heat come out(I placed my thermometer up high in the old box and my light fried my thermometer it read 40 at about 70 degree room temp). I got a 4 inch pipe going to the blower, and about 60sqin of passive intake. The blower is 3030 RPM. It blows into a scrubber.

I'm thinking I need more intake, and maybe more holes in my scrubber, but if I don't have enough blower, I'll start on another tact.

Thanks

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
are t12s cfls like t5s and t8s? i agree with the assumption that it could be a restrictive intake. i have a minimal sized intake hole in my veg cab and warm air always rushes out when i open the door because of it.

dixbutler

Yea they are like T8. Bigger diameter I think. I thought they were T8 until I got home. That's probably why they were so pricey. A few years back I found some 100 watt T12s. I can't remember where I got them though. How is your buds with flourescents? I'm afraid they will be puny.:joint:

I

idoreallytry

i can't believe t 12's are heating up like that wow,,, got to get some better airflow then for sure,,,hope you get it all resolved,,,peace

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
yeah im too scared to flower right now since i live in a giant attic w/ no A/C. veg only for now.

bird makes a good point about minimal sized intakes. i only had one intake for my tent and that could be a very good reason why the flow was bad. i hide my intake in a dark spot, so now i guess i have to build a light trap.

~Mac Lee~

W000ooo shit!!! That was ruff on the :yoinks: anywho im reppin Oklahoma, i've got 7 White Rhino's flowering under a 4 double 0 at the moment. 1 mother plant in veg, and 6 baby's in a DIY bubble cloner. Id post some pics but my USB ports are f'n up for some damn reason, anyway peace and much love to the midwest growers. :wave:

dixbutler

I got a new box. Downstairs: 60"X33"X48" perpetual grow. Upstairs: 42"X33"X33" 5 plant scrog and 2 single scrogs. 16"X17"X33" mom/pop room. 16"X16"X16" utility room. Atic: 16"X16"X17" ventilation room.
I'm going to put the 400 watt HPS in the downstairs part with a few CFLs for the perpetual grow, and put the T12s upstairs in a scrog with 2 bucket scrogs. I'm going to remote ballast the T12s as well as the HPS.

I'm going to suck air into the downstairs through vents to the upstairs. Then into a mom/pop room. and finally to scruber.

I'm going to get a 4" can fan or the like. Do you think that's enough? I was going to put my dayton blower on the HPS, but I'm not sure what to do with it. Should I let it go in the one of the upstairs compartments, or vent it and scrub it by itself?

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
T8 is a huge step up from T12, I'd strongly recommend you look into a switch. T12 is old tech, doesn't really run cooler, and consumes more watts for less light. The debate about T5 vs T8 is a better one, but not as clear as the T12 vs T8 question.

dixbutler

So T8 is bigger? Shows where my head is. Just when you think you have it figured out...you get educated. Makes me feel like a kid again.

McDanger

I got a new box. Downstairs: 60"X33"X48" perpetual grow. Upstairs: 42"X33"X33" 5 plant scrog and 2 single scrogs. 16"X17"X33" mom/pop room. 16"X16"X16" utility room. Atic: 16"X16"X17" ventilation room.
I'm going to put the 400 watt HPS in the downstairs part with a few CFLs for the perpetual grow, and put the T12s upstairs in a scrog with 2 bucket scrogs. I'm going to remote ballast the T12s as well as the HPS.

I'm going to suck air into the downstairs through vents to the upstairs. Then into a mom/pop room. and finally to scruber.

I'm going to get a 4" can fan or the like. Do you think that's enough? I was going to put my dayton blower on the HPS, but I'm not sure what to do with it. Should I let it go in the one of the upstairs compartments, or vent it and scrub it by itself?
Maybe I missed it. Are you running a cooled hood on the HPS? If so I would have it this way: intake-duct-HPS-duct-exhaust w/fan blowing out, then you should not need a scrubber on it since no air from the room is being used. That will take care of all the heat from the light. Then you can use a can fan for room ventilation with the scrubber on it, and a passive intake.:joint:
T-8 are smaller diameter, but higher wattage.

dixbutler

So the advice is to intake and vent the HPS seperately.

Ill have to chew on that one for a while. As of now my HPS sucks air up from the room. I've had some trouble with the effectiveness of this method, so your idea should help with my heat problem.

I'll just have to figure out the logistics.

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
current pix...

current pix...

:joint:these are under 1K MH...Chop date is on 8.5.09..Hope this helps.:joint:

picture.php

picture.php

I

idoreallytry

nice and frosty does the mh aide in resin production?,,,or is there another reason you use them,,,peace

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
no special reason....

no special reason....

Looking really good phil,do you normaly flower under mh?lemon

nice and frosty does the mh aide in resin production?,,,or is there another reason you use them,,,peace

just felt like using them instead of my Hortilux...Hope this helps.:joint:

picture.php

flowered on 6.1.09 "Domina 13" starting to fill out....cant wait to taste this creation. :yeahthats

edit: D13 is being grown in my automated SWC/TRON system.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts