What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

astartes

Bird ---

Do tell about that Bubba x Blue Moonshine :nono: Sounds tasty! Is it a Bodhi creation?

Koopa ---

Nice to hear that the SFV is here. I've got the pre '98 Bubba, SFV, The White and Grape Ape in transit very soon. It's good to have a chance to run cuts of the pics us midwesterners drool over on icmag.

astartes

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
yes they are astartes :wink: the white :nono: you lucky SOB, you better post up shots when you get it :rasta: nice one koopa, looks like we're all pulling out the stops in making our mark on the IC.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Nice lineup guys. Those cuts are what dreams are made of. And in the midwest at that. Get it in Midwest. Get it in. Cant wait to see some pics.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
astartes, i think i know where you are getting those cuts from. just a hunch!

just put the sfv clones in plugs to root with olivia cloning gel. hopefully these gals will root because i hear OG is a bitch to root.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Have some new pics of the closet, but the photo upload is still down. :nono:
Trying a scrog with the newest tub, made it out of 2"x1", screws and wire. Kind of a shoddy setup but hope it works... :rasta:

Dr. G

og dmc said:
Dr g, what strenght do you run you botanicare nutes at? Is it the 30 ml per gallon or do you use the 15ml.

eh i dunno really depends on the plant but uduslly 120ml to 220 ml per 5 gals

and im about to go get some pics of my outdoor on monday

and i got the white chem d and dumpster in the mai lthe other day but they got FRIED in the heat of my frineds car but im sure that a nice little birdy will leave a package soon

also i got 2 phenos of some c99xblack berry that are strait purple ill get some pics of that soon

Last edited:
Bordello

Bordello

hey guys lets see some more midwest nugs up here....

heres my Bordello (Blackberry Apocolypse(nebus) x Alexis) day 22 of flower...

PICT00poo02.JPG

starting to look yummy....

smoke1sun

Veteran
Damn you guys are scoring some good stuff. Damn you lucky bastards. Get'em boys.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
How big are your balls?

How big are your balls?

Inside joke from the Howard Stern show...
But seriously, I had to chop down two of my Thai Stick Sativa's that hermied:

IMG_1264.JPG

Hermie on the left, non-hermie on the right. You can see that the hermie started out female. Then, right when I thought all was safe, it pulled down its pants and revealed a sack! Don't you hate when that happens?
On top of that it looks like it'll take 2 months more to finish so this smoke better make me go blind or something to be worth it... :wallbash:

astartes

Bababooey---

I'm tagging your grow thread for sure. Both flo and thai stick are on my short list to grow out. Sorry to hear about the hermie, but I'm sure sure it'll be well worth the smoke. But if it leaves ya blind, i might pass on tha joint, lol!!

astartes

G

QuietStorm said:
I have seen feral hemp aka ditch weed growing wild here in central indiana on many occasion. I dont grow outside (yet) so never had any problems. I have heard of farmers havin pollenation from hemp tho.

The pics are lookin crazy! The MKxLS looks nice as does the DSD! Keep em up!

Bird, did I read that you said CASEY??? Great score!
In the mid 70's a friend of mine drove from MI to TX. He took along about five pounds of seed. tossed out handfulls of seeds all the way down.

And yeah .. he drove through indiana. Mostly Mexican but some columbian also.

BirdDawg

abirdintheair said:
we cant fall off the first page of the growers forum fellas... welcome birddawg. sounds like a decent lineup you got there, especially that amnesia99xG13. that blue apollo is from joey weed right? what do you think of it?
Thanks for the welcome, from one bird to another. The Amnesia99xG13 was gifted to us and we like it enough to keep it going! Yes, the Blue Apollo is from Joey Weed, another keeper. We like our C99 so much we went looking for related crosses, BA fits the bill nicely. Easy keeper, compact growth, early finishing and a less racy high than Cindy.
We've been looking for a keeper indica...last pick was Northern lights and the danged plants just about hit the ceiling! Smoked great but the size has got to come down. She stretched way taller than our sativas! Just started more seed so we'll see if there's a more suitable plant in the mix. They're headed for the flower room next week.

jt45255

hello all midwest people im a outdoor grower at the moment chilling at 39 degrees n .nice to see some growers from my neck of the woods.

Mt Toaker

peanutbutter said:
In the mid 70's a friend of mine drove from MI to TX. He took along about five pounds of seed. tossed out handfulls of seeds all the way down.

And yeah .. he drove through indiana. Mostly Mexican but some columbian also.

Where did he drive in Michigan so I can go look for rogue plants. Its the driest I have ever seen here right now, I need some hope!

enigmatik

what up midwest fam!?

some good news and bad news.........

bad news: chopped down all the plants in a fit of rage/paranoia:fsu:, they were lookin really strong and healthy too :badday:

good news:yes:: this experience and many other deciding factors have motivated me to go legit/legal! :chin: :Bolt: thats right, moving to cali! it's not going to be easy by any means, in fact it's proving to be more difficult than i imagined, but i'm up for the challenge! so any advice, support, positive vibes you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

astartes

Enigmatic ---

That sucks about the plants man! Hopefully it was a self-imposed tear down rather than a one done by LEO?

Good luck with the move out to Cali. It's an expensive place for sure. I'd suggest starting to save up money asap for the move. My buddy just moved out there and he can't believe how much he under estimated the cost of living coming from the midwest.

astartes

OriginalMan

What up midwest! I can't belive I just found this gem of a thread! Naptown here( for those who don't know....Indianapolis). Lots of good local growers and strains being passed around here. I'm gonna take some snaps of the room tonight. I really dont post pics much, but I wanna fit in wit the cool people....lol :bashhead:

Last edited:

smoke1sun

Veteran
enigmatik said:
what up midwest fam!?

some good news and bad news.........

bad news: chopped down all the plants in a fit of rage/paranoia:fsu:, they were lookin really strong and healthy too :badday:

good news:yes:: this experience and many other deciding factors have motivated me to go legit/legal! :chin: :Bolt: thats right, moving to cali! it's not going to be easy by any means, in fact it's proving to be more difficult than i imagined, but i'm up for the challenge! so any advice, support, positive vibes you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck man. Be safe, and remember things happened for a reason.

Dont froget your midwest connect, when you get out to cali.