What's new

midwest growers unite

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
PC: A vape bag and a coffee is one way to start the day. I don't think i've ever waked and baked; I like to keep my smoking to later in the day. I should try it sometime though...
That vape looks pretty nice; mine doesn't have the digital temp readout. Mine also takes a few minutes to get warmed up... I guess you set it like your coffee machine: put the stuff in, flip a switch... :rasta:
Do you have to break up the ice before you put it into the bags?
No, I found it's better to leave them in big chunks..
Good work on the pollination. Wow, you really like making seeds, don't you?
Yes, It's for the less fortunate who need seeds..A friend with seeds is a friend indeed.
I have to start doing that, to save some of these genetics so i can pop different ones....

Here's a before pix

After...as u can see it has acclimated to its new home..Hope this helps. :asskick:

M

manwithnoname

Hey fellow midwesterners! i just saw the thread and looks like there are a lot of us out there. :joint: can i be a part of the club??

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
bubble run went off without a hitch and i have 3 grades of insanity. i tried a tad of the weakest stuff, and my brain went numb. should be some good stuff!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
LOST: So are you gluing those elbows to the bottom of your cab? Is that going to interfere with the placement of your pots?

CATMAN: If you can pull an O a month dried off that cab then I think you'll have maximized its potential. Hard to imagine how you can improve on that...

KOOPA: I'm switching the closet back to 12/12 and I have 2 out of 4 tubs in there. A third tub is going in soon, with the fourth maybe 2 weeks behind, if I can get these clones to root (only been 6 or 7 days, but I think when i have my cloning dialed in, I should be able to have transplantable roots in a week - right now I have no roots showing).

PHIL: Wow, you use some big ice chunks. You don't use a washing machine, do you? Ive seen pictures where someone had pounds and pounds of frosty trim and they need a cheap, full size washing machine to do bubble runs. But that's when someone had hundreds of plants, and I dont think you're there. Yet. :rasta:

DONT: I returned your PM but I guess you already did your bubble run. Congratulations!

This is the Hakko's ceramic heating element glowing when its hot.

Burning up some bubble hash.

After it's burned. There's still some left, although it's charred.
This Hakko makes smoking the bubblehash easier; the hash is hard to light and hard to keep lit unless you're constantly inhaling. With the Hakko, I use a slow inhale and start burning the hash; a little bit makes a decent amount of thin smoke. And I notice the flavor more on the exhale; spicy sweet to me.
It's good, but there's also something to be said for big bong hits of dank bud; a bit of hash or a big snap of bud, either way can get you blown.
Is it wrong to enjoy herb this much? :joint:

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Kinda quiet in here lately..

I just wanted to do a little dance because I got 5/5 Female out of serious seed bubblegum!!

MURRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAA :]

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It HAS been quiet here. Too quiet. :rasta:

I'd like to pose a question to all the tent growers out there: I'm thinking of getting a 4x4 for my 400w. Now I'm aware that the typical grow tent has passive intake flaps down low; is this enough to properly air and vent the tent, or has anyone had to add extra intake holes/fans?

I'd also like to pose a question to all the coco growers out there: I'm thinking of switching to coco in 2 gallon pots; clones will be vegged for 2-3 weeks before flowering. Do you think the 2 gallon pot will be sufficient for a 2-3 week veg + flower in coco? Because a 4 inch clone could easily grow to 2 - 2.5 feet with a 2-3 week veg. I believe it will be, because of coco's capability to support a big root mass (coco is basically like hydro in that regard) but I just wanted the opinion of those that actually have run coco. If you think I should get bigger pots, let me know.

Keep it green, midwest. :joint:

Mt Toaker

Finley I get a chance to throw up my pics! Sorry I don't have living photos of the NLxGF and The White.
picture.php

Flo Day 70 right before harvest. You can tell she's had some troubles but she has persevered and is smelling delightfully fruity.

picture.php

Bubba Kush bud shot at Day 70, same day as harvest.

picture.php

Bubba Kush day 70. A branch got damaged and this is where I had to cut it off causing it to make multiple buds. What a fortunate misfortune!

picture.php

Bubba Kush Day 70 right before harvest. You can see flo next to her and the chopped NLxGF, unfortunately there are no living pics of her in flower.

picture.php

Flo Bud day 70, day of harvest.

picture.php

The White dried and now curing. Was taken down at day 62

picture.php

NLxGF Nug dried and now curing. Was taken down at day 65.

What do you guys think?

M

manwithnoname

tasty looking bud MT! gonna be a couple months at least until my next crop is ready :mad:

pic of my last harvest Venus from nirvana-goooood stuff

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
BB - a 4x4 with a 400 in it is a waste of space imo. that's the kind of area you want with a 6 or 1K. i get ideal negative pressure with mine since it has so many vent options.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
MtToaker: I think those buds look fantastic! How do they smoke?
Your Flo looks much like mine, makes those long skinny colas, although mine only purple when temps are below 70. And I've never really gotten a fruity smell from mine, Ive had chocolate, and coffee before, although at harvest it usually ends up being a real spicy smell.
That Bubba is really showing its indica qualities: short, squat, bushy. My SDOG seedlings are real short and squat....
Give us a smoke report on all those strains, tell us which one YOU liked the best. If your friends have a different opinion, let us know that too. MJ quality is real subjective...

Man: Ive never heard of Venus before. Is that a Nirvana or Gypsy Nirvana strain? How does it smoke?
I like your setup! Did you buy the 12 bucket system or make it yourself? Are those 2x600s? I see two of those plants look like they were just put in. Do you run a perpetual then? How do you flush?

Koopa: Yeah, I figured the 400 is a little small for a 4x4, but I was planning on keeping my 400 because I wanted to try a CMH (Ceramic metal halide) bulb in it, and Philips doesnt make a CMH bigger than 400. That might change later on but Philips hasnt given a timetable, plus I figure I can always upgrade my light later on; easier to upgrade my light than my tent...

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
ive been thinking bout a 1k cool tubed in my homebox xl... maybe once the a/c is installed for the year, then i can start experimenting

Baba - Yeah man, those 2 gallon pots will do fine with coco, in fact they'll be pretty massive :headbange
I'm assuming you're going to veg under the 400 from the tent question?

house

Mt. Toaker: Your bubba looks great. What does she taste and smell like? I have a cut that looks similar but unsure if it's the original. White looks mind blowing, every time I see a grow of it I'm impressed by it's frostiness.

Manwithnoname: You have a very clean setup there. Nice SCROG net too, was it easy to build? I'm puffing on a bit of high grade Sensi Star right now and loving it. She has a tart lemony taste and rock solid dense structure. You will be pleased with her.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Dontstep: A 1k in a 4x4 is 62.5 watts per sq foot, plenty of light. I'd imagine plants will grow very vigorous under that. If I had the room I'd love to run a 1k on a light mover in a 4x8...

WildEep: Yeah, Ive been checking out the coco forum, been seeing trees in 2 gallon pots. You dont see too many people using big pots (5 gallons and up) with coco, unless they dont like watering frequently...
Im planning on buying two tents, one for veg, one for flower, each with a 400w (cmh for flower, mh for veg/moms/clones). I vegged a tub for about 3 weeks and its my most massive tub yet (excluding the thai stick). I really miss a good veg under HID's.
Do you ph correct your water when watering your coco plants? My tap is about ph 7, I'll be using Lucas formula, I'm thinking there's a decent chance I'll rarely have to ph correct my water...

Koopa: I've been thinking, maybe I should go with the 2x4 tents. It'll fit in my room better, and you're right, a 4x4 is a bit large for a 400w.

I don't know, I'm still indecisive. Has anyone grown in a 2x4 tent? Did you quickly run out of space and wish you had bought the next size up?

Mt Toaker

Bababooey Thank you so much for the kind words! I am very happy with the results so far. The only thing I've been smoking on is The White and NLxGF because they are both dried and curing. The White is very tasty and stoney, I rolled a joint the other day and it took 3 sessions for me and my room mate to finish it. When I smoke NLxGF I often find myself laughing. NLxGF is definitely the stinker, very pungent aroma. Its such a great feeling smoking my own herb again. Hopefully I'll be able to set up another one in a few months after I move. I would love to start a journal. I'm highly considering getting a 600w or maybe just another 400. I'm considering doing some gorilla outdoor too.

Any good suggestions for strains around 43 N? I've been looking at some strains grown outdoors in Holland, I think they have similar conditions. Any advice?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
MtToaker: I have no experience with outdoor. I had to look up where 43 degrees north was and it's as far north as Milwaukee WI/Buffalo NY. Definitely some long hard winters that far north, but the way I figure it, so long as you don't plant too early (April might be too early, can still get some frosts in April) you can completely avoid the cold and your plants will still have 120 days to mature (May, june, july, august, harvest in Sep). I'm thinking any hybrid should finish in 120 days, but I've never done outdoor, it could be they dont start budding till Sep when the days get shorter, in which case you'd have to wait till Oct for decent buds and by then your plants may be suffering from 40 F nights...

Mt Toaker

Drow, sorry I didn't respond to you before. I used FFOF soil and I used their Grow Big for veg but didn't have any nutes really for flower. I hear she can be streatchy but I did 24/0 under an HPS for veg and flowered under the same light and never had any real problems with stretch, keep in mind I did a lot of LST work early on to keep them so bushy. I'm really happy with the results of my first real attempt at LST and will probably be using it on all plants from here on out. My Bubba Kush was a very resilient plant and always was looking the healthiest, I kept it at 25-30c in there so thats like 77-82 I believe, generally closer to 25c though. During veg it had that gnarly twisted leaf syndrome that some plants get when they feel real good. In December I had to move them 3 hours in 0 degree weather two weeks into flower. I stuffed the plants in rubber maid tubs and took them on the treacherous journey, Bubba Kush wasn't even phased by the fact that all 4 of my plants were frozen solid by the time I got to the destination. I highly suggest growing Bubba Kush if you can get a hold of it. I'm smoking a bowl right now and it is delicious. I wish my room mate would bring back his vape from his girlfriends, I'm dying to vape some of these nugs for sure!