What's new

midwest growers unite

Oscuridad

had a 600w grolux stop working after it was bumped around during a move and it probably only had around 800 hours on it. fuckers are so bright & economical though, just bought another without a thought.

horti's have been super dependable, moved lots of times with them packed up in crates, banged around, and they always fired up.. several much longer than they should have still been in a socket:D as long as i don't get another issue with the grolux i'll still just go with them though cause hortis are pricey & i get better results with the sylvania.

was the 1000w being aircooled? if so, is there a chance it wasn't being adequately vented?

Last edited:

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
abirdintheair said:
what do you grow under smoke1, a 150w? what do you thing of the c99 f2s or mota's purp kush?

They Motas Purple Kush, is a great balanced high, easy to grow, and when i grew under my 400watt yeid was very good. purp hues comes threw not matter the temp, but the colder it gets the more it shows. Them smell is a very sweet, almost soft candy like smell.

The c99 is all head, its not the pineapple pheno everyone looks for, but smoke 2 much and youll be laughing for no reason what so ever. This is my second pack of these, as i lost my mother when i moved. so when joey got more instock I jumped on them.

These plants were started under 2-70watt hps, then late in flowering i hung the lamps vertical, and added some cfls.

astartes

lc00p4 said:
does anyone here have experience using collodial silver to reverse clone-onlys?

Koopa---

I know Rez has a sticky in his forum from when he made all his femmed seeds. Other than that I'd hit up British Hempire on the other site. I know he has experience with colloidal silver...

astartes

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
DJ: Welcome to MURDA! That's an interesting logo you have. almost looks like a seed company. :rasta:
Never heard of death star but i have a weak little Super Star that's been a seedling for weeks. hope she makes it.
have you run any of your strains before, and if so what are your faves?

WC: Man, sucks that your bulb blew in one grow. you think that's still covered under the manufacturer's warranty? maybe you should call them and find out. 1000w bulbs are expensive.
ive been using my bulbs for coming on 18 months... probably time to change them. most growers say to change ur bulbs every year.
dont hermies usually come from light leaks instead of other stresses? im thinking that just because ur light is weaker they shouldnt hermi, if anything they'll think winter's coming and pump out resin faster (my theory, sounds good if it's true, doesn't it?).

S1: I think you'll definitely notice a difference when at day 60 v day 80. if u want them even more in the head, you could take them even earlier. i swear my flo looks ready to harvest in 45 days (although if you let her go, buds will continue to swell).

KO, AB: I hope u guys hook up and make some dank crosses! Bird with the sperm, Koop with the eggs. make us some super hybrids. u can call it the 'obama'.

OS: i'm going to pop some of the SDOG F2's also. got seven of them, will pop 3 or 4. u guys really saved my butt when JLP was handing them out, i remember i almost screwed myself out of them...

AS: I ordered some silver off of ebay to make my own CS generator. also gonna make a lower strength solution for drinking: i hear it has antibacterial properties. dont want to end up looking like that blue guy though...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria

:joint:

lemonskunk420

ICMag Donor
Three purple#1 f2's just cracked. They were kinda small but can't wait to see what i get.these came from a hermi though( light leaks in box)hope it was leaks anyway.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
Well, I'm back home in the midwest after spending summer in the Rockies. The small town I was living and working in had plenty of smokers, rumors of medical grow rooms and police protecting them. Things went bad at one of my jobs and where I was living so I got the hell out of dodge. Nothing about drugs or broken laws.

So I thought I would stop in and say hey. Way to go Michigan. Now I'll have to give a better look at all those 2-5000 dollar houses I've seen for sale. Would like to be in a state were pot is tolerated under the laws. One day it may happen here.

Anyway, not growing MJ yet although I have for 5 years. I only recently got back and have another project I am interested in in the works.

Take care I'll drop by from time 2 time checking out the report....

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
its been 1 week...

its been 1 week...

:joint: since i've been here b/c i was just way too busy...its been a busy few days at the trading floor since Obama being elected...well anyway i gots good news and bad news. Good news is garden is doing fine as a mofo but the bad news is i wont be growing 15 plants as planned...I'm growing all new strains and didnt know that some of them would get this big, specially the "Northern Whites" which has taken over the middle of my grow space..i'll prolly end up just growing 9 to 12 plants or maybe less...here are some pix from this morning...Hope this helps. :nono:

^^^OverGrown as a mofo but thats ok, i'll have plenty of sugar coated budz for the upcoming holidayz... :spank:

^^^^I wanted all 15 plants to be this size but it didnt work out. :violin:

^^^Northern Whites...how close can u get to the 1K? damn close. :spank:

^^^^Flaming Kush(background) bent over & being revegged. Grand Daddy Purple(front) in swc/tron. :asskick:

^^^^Schrom I will be giving this same bud to a murda member to do a smoke report on this thread...i gots a feeling that some ppl think just b/c i do all these short cuts that my budz are not dank....i beg to differ. i was thinking of giving them budz from my 1k grow and swc/tron grow both from the schrom strain... :asskick:

^^^my cloning shelf....dont under estimate my cloning area i've rooted well over 500+ cuttings on this shelf..... :laughing:

^^^^strawberry cough ready for the 1K.... :bashhead:

Mt Toaker

2094icmag_040.jpg

What kind of light is this Phil?
I ask only because its so close.

Never mind, tube flouro. . . lol the big pic helped :bashhead:

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
cloning shelf.....

cloning shelf.....

:spank: in the lavoritory. no need for them fancy high priced cloners...all made from items found in dollar stores and walmart except for the rw.....Hope this helps. :asskick:

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
DS: hows the ventilation doing in the homebox? what sort of wattage u upgraded it by?

FL: welcome to the midwest! must have sucked to leave CO, a med state. a med grower from there gave me my first seeds. :joint:

PC: thanks for the update! is your room perpetual (always 12/12)? u got some good trees so im thinking u veg them for a bit under those lights. looking good, regardless. will they all finish at different times?
those northern whites are loving the light now but before long they'll get burned. a few of my tallest tops show light burn too but i run 400's and need to keep them close.

DJ: check out http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99846
this was a blueberry done at 34N, in the south. my flo is related to blueberry and tends to autoflower after a couple months, so id imagine it would do very well in the hot dry months in IL: june to august, so long as they get enough water....

Closet update:
showing the top 1/4 of some of the plants in the two tubs that have been in 12/12 for 47 days.
ill harvest these two tubs in the next two weeks, one at 54 days and one at 61 days. trichs are cloudy/clear, no amber as of yet.

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
baba - those flo are lookin good son! i added another 4 ft 4 bulb t5 fixture to the tent to put me at 648 watts of linear fluoro power. i feel that puts me right about where i need to be. the trial run last night was successful, temps stayed below 78, but today the air (outside air) cooling my tent warmed up a tad so i shut it down until it drops back down 10 degrees outside. this is no biggie, since my tent is only about 30% full and my next 6 plants to go in could use a couple more days to veg since i topped them all 4 days ago

stay up midwest!

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
Permanent Flower Room

Permanent Flower Room

Bababooey said:
PC: thanks for the update! is your room perpetual (always 12/12)? u got some good trees so im thinking u veg them for a bit under those lights. looking good, regardless. will they all finish at different times?
those northern whites are loving the light now but before long they'll get burned. a few of my tallest tops show light burn too but i run 400's and need to keep them close.

:joint: permanent 12/12 room...thats the thing they were not vegged at all......1st. harvest of this room will be 12/10/08 then every 2 wks. after that. this room will remain active till July 2009 and will always be on 12/12. then im moving it again at a different location for next grow period:spank:

As far as the NW top getting too close to the light it dont really matter to me, i've bent all the branches on the NW except for those 2 thats close to the lite...its scorching the fan leaves but i dont care, i dont smoke the fans just the budz and as long as the budz are not burned. they went into the 12/12 on 10/15/08 so the stretch should be over by now. :spank:

Im a firm believer in u gotta train ur dogs u cant have ur dogs train u. Well that also goes for my growing...u gotta train ur plants u cant have ur plants train u... :nono: since that NW got outta control in my grow room im gonna grow this mofo NW in my smallest swc/tron...believe me i'll have this mofo NW trained in 70 days in my small p-tron :cuss: ....im looking forward to this swc/tron grow. :asskick:

Last edited:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
those sparrows across the pond need to take a few lessons from the pigeons i know :D new to play with: bogglegum f2s, bluebonic, and G13xblueberry sativa. man, some crosses come to mind already....

G13xBBS x johnny blaze
G13xBBS x OGK x BS2.2
G13xBBS x potent purple

ima gonna have fun digging around in those f2s :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts