What's new

midwest growers unite

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
How'd your moms die, PC? I wish I had maintained some of your cuts, in order to return the favor.
Still, your seed stash must be pretty large by now, and hopefully you'll find females that equal or surpass what you had before. Also you can make some crosses with any interesting males you find, if you're still into that...

TM, do you know the source of that SSH? Was it from clone or seed?

Abita, do you have the GSC clone or is that from seed? I'd like flowering pics and a smoke report too, if you have them. I know that strain was heavily hyped on icmag, would like a more objective opinion on it...

astartes

The forum cookies cut is worth the hype Booey. I was on the verge of tossing it myself, but have got it to yield much better the past couple runs. Damn potent smoke.

a.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
forum cut baba, no pics or smoke reports yet, shes still in veg and will be for awhile to get a good set of legs. you know me, straight shooter from the hip Ill call it how I see it when finished.

DeoXy

S.O.S.!!

S.O.S.!!

I'm royally pissed right now.. so it turns out what I thought were fungus gnats turned out to be aphids/winged.. I've been stumped for the last few weeks on y some plants have been yellowing no matter what ppm I feed at.. rust spots and sickly looking growth.. I took one out that had been up potted from 1gal to 2 gal fabric pot a few weeks earlier just to check it out of curiosity thinking maybe it was rootbound.. it had no visable roots except a few on the bottom..

Now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to deal with this problem before I can flip to flower.. any suggestions?

I was reading a thread on here that suggested an imid containing product like bayer advanced fruit and citrus insect control as a soil drench as a 1-2 knockout punch.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
shitty deoxy, only help I can offer is an avid dunk, as its the only pest remover Ive actually had to use when I stupidly took in some afgooey cuts loaded with mites. its systemic, so you dunk/spray the whole plant while in veg, def not in flower. I know some use diatomaceous earth as a top dressing as it shreds their carapace when they emerge from the soil.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Dang, Deoxy, sorry to hear that. Knew a grower who had aphids, they totally ruined a harvest, so yeah, better nip that in the bud right quick.
This thread might be useful, which i think you probably already found:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=159960

Imidacloprid is the pesticide that people seem to have the most success with. Obviously systemic pesticides are not ideal but if you use it in veg (60 days before chop) it should be ok. It's the most widely used insecticide in the world, supposedly, so i guess that means its safe?

I know you're a straight shooter, Abita, and also with all the strains you have you'll have good reference points to compare the Cookies to.

DeoXy

tell me about it.. that's 3 grows in a row now riddled with problems.. first PM.. took care of that and haven't had it since.. then mites.. 1 dose of floramite and haven't seen them in over a year.. and now aphids.

isn't avid for mites? I may b wrong tho.. thanks for the suggestion abirdintheair!

DeoXy

Dang, Deoxy, sorry to hear that. Knew a grower who had aphids, they totally ruined a harvest, so yeah, better nip that in the bud right quick.
This thread might be useful, which i think you probably already found:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=159960

Imidacloprid is the pesticide that people seem to have the most success with. Obviously systemic pesticides are not ideal but if you use it in veg (60 days before chop) it should be ok. It's the most widely used insecticide in the world, supposedly, so i guess that means its safe?

Yeap that's the thread I was reading up on.. I'm gonna go pickup bayer advanced tom. if I can find it at the hardware store and use it as a soil drench.. I can wait longer in veg to give it a chance to work its way out.. I hate using systemic controls but I don't know what else to do.. not in a rush to flip so I have time to deal with and hopefully fix the problem... thanks baba!

RespectGreen

Veteran
U need merit 75 (bought online), and triazicide(home depot)... rotate one, then the other, then third water use azamax or
anytrhing like that.. Be sure to clean the room after each water, they can live anywhere, and only one is needed to reproduce

Also look into brewing OGBIOWARS teas, its a good preventative.. Plus a good tea for the roots and plant

DeoXy

U need merit 75 (bought online), and triazicide(home depot)... rotate one, then the other, then third water use azamax or
anytrhing like that.. Be sure to clean the room after each water, they can live anywhere, and only one is needed to reproduce

Also look into brewing OGBIOWARS teas, its a good preventative.. Plus a good tea for the roots and plant

Thanks RespectGreen!.. I actually already have azamax laying around.. I believe bayer advanced has the same ingredient as merit 75 just at a different %/strength at half the cost.. but I will take ur advice and rotate treatments.. hopefully I can get this under control while in veg.

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
merit75 will knock them bitches out

never had aphids personally, but ive seen guys around here use the merit w/ success

astartes

Deoxy, look for any areas of standing or stagnant water around the grow, as aphids will migrate to these areas once you start treating media with Imid products. Tanglefoot on any drain openings works wonders keeping bugs from using it as an entry to the grow.

If possible, I'd highly suggest taking multiple clones from each plant, dunking them in an imid solution and start fresh. Give a good cleaning to all walls, ducting, hoods, fan etc... It may seem a bit drastic, but RAs are an utter pain if dealt with by half-measures.

As others have suggested, I'd definitely look into Merit75 as opposed to the Bayer product. The Bayer solution strength simply isn't concentrated enough IME.

a.

Latest posts

Latest posts